Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to the Italian Apennines (Corno alle Scale?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning to visit some of the wifes relatives in Italy over New Year,they live not far from the Apennines.

Have no idea what the resorts there are like or if it's worth making the journey to catch a bit of skiing whilst in that part of the world.

Can anyone enlighten me pls?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did some ski touring in the Apennines last year. The weather was shocking so we ended up skiing in resorts a bit more than we intended to, although not the one you mentioned. They were pretty good fun. I wouldn't book a whole week's skiing there but if you're in the area anyway, I'd say look at the snow reports before you go and if it looks good take your kit. Where we were (mostly around Aquilla) there were a couple of places with plenty of skiing to fill a day or so. Plus there's quite a nice laid back atmosphere.

Some photos here

Mostly of the touring, although the ones around Corno Grande were accessed from a ski area (which in turn is accessed from the top of a telepherique which Mussolini used to escape the Allies but that's another story Smile )
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tks for the info Arno,will take the thermals and keep an eye on the weather!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
According to a local we met the best time to go is May when you can ski gullies on north facing slopes in the morning then go surfing in the Aegean in the afternoon. We were there in February Confused
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're going end of Jan and will be on the Adriatic side of the mountains,don't think i'll be chancing the sea no matter how good the waves are!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LIAMJ wrote:
Adriatic side

ah.... yes... if you were on the Aegean you'd be in Greece or somewhere!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy