Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When do next seasons prices start becoming sensible?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey there everyone,

Im sure now that we are a couple of months out of last season, im not the only one looking ahead to next year! However, Ive had a look and the hotel deals are not yet out and purchasing a flight this early would result in a huge expenditure! Im going to be back in Canada/US and just wondered if anyone knew how long it would be until we might start to see bargain flight prices and early booking hotel/ski deals?

All the best

Ad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

I think that most of the early booking bargains went some months ago and the popular flights are already booked, if you are looking at the main holiday times. If you are looking at Presidents week / UK half term week in mid February then I heard that bookings were high for 2007 by February 2005, with next to nothing left for 2006. We booked for mid January 2006 in Jan 2005, which is just as well because there's very little availability left for that particular week and resort.

As long as you are travelling outside school holidays then there's always bargains to be had, but air ticket prices tend to rise the closer you get to travel date. Why not contact the hotels directly and ask when they are likely to start publishing prices and whether it's too late for early booking deals?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Next summer
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jane L wrote:
Hi,

I think that most of the early booking bargains went some months ago and the popular flights are already booked, if you are looking at the main holiday times. If you are looking at Presidents week / UK half term week in mid February then I heard that bookings were high for 2007 by February 2005, with next to nothing left for 2006. We booked for mid January 2006 in Jan 2005, which is just as well because there's very little availability left for that particular week and resort.

As long as you are travelling outside school holidays then there's always bargains to be had, but air ticket prices tend to rise the closer you get to travel date. Why not contact the hotels directly and ask when they are likely to start publishing prices and whether it's too late for early booking deals?

Hmmmmm that is a bit different to our experience..... flights for example, i did searching last november for flights leaving mid jan and came up with prices in the range of £400 - 600 for economy whereas right now.... you would be hard pressed to find even the cheapest flights at £600....

I was in touch with the fairmont who are our hotel choice but they havent yet and dont know when next seasons room deals will be published....

basically id assumed i was way too early rather than late Shocked

Thanks for the reply though!

Ad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shoirtly after I book, as a rule of thumb.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
buns, I agree, I don't think that you're too late at all, except for half term week next year, with a requirement for child-care. Definitely not for january. Most of the TOs don't even have next season's brochures out yet, not even their preview ones (I'm on the mailing list for most of them), and so to the best of my knowledge are still booking based on last years prices.

Jane L, I would be really interested to know which week in January and which resort it is. January is low season, most TOs have trouble fillling their places, and usually there are bargains galore to be had as late availability deals, even for larger groups.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On airfares you just have to keep searching and then bite the bullet, one day, and buy. BA usually have a sale in the late Summer and last year the flights to Los Angeles at the following Easter never got cheaper than they were in the sale period. Having said that, on occasions, they were not that more expensive. The prices could vary day by day. Conversely I held out as long as I dared for a KLM flight to Vancouver and bought it eventually 3 weeks before date of travel, a week later another £50 was off it. Win some lose some.

On hotels I suppose it depends when you are going but I never got the sense that US or Canada hotels gave you any discount for early booking. If you can bear to do it, you can leave it to the last minute and get something that way, because they have space to fill, otherwise you pay the going rate(which could go up if they think they are busy and demand will exceed supply
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Many (not half-term etc) of Swiss' Saturday flights are currently £59 return. I can't see them getting much more sensible than that. It's www.swiss.com
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, Have the had Inghams EarlyBird 05/06 since January, full edition came out 2/3 weeks ago now and full deposit has been taken. Like Jane L we book as soon as we get back as availability goes quickly. I think there are many factors affecting availability and price such as; resort popularity, Hotel allocation of rooms to TO's, High/Mid/Low weeks etc, etc.

I think if you can be flexible about where you are going etc, check between 8-6 weeks before departure with the TO you want to use.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Greg Capper, inghams is one of the ones that I don't get as I've never used them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer, we used Inghams, but only once.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We used Inghams found them to be excellent Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I use Inghams as they are the best (In terms of price) for single travellers going to Canada, I got a deal staying at a 4* Hotel in Banff plus a flight upgrade for less than £700. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy