Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 2 Alpes spring/summer

Poster: A snowHead
today was a funny day - very hard snow this morning which softened up just enough by 13.00. [b]chris[/b) and his wife came over for a ski from Villeneuve, but found the altitude and snow tiring. Sadly, I had so much work on that by the time I'd finished they'd already gone home. Sham, but at least we touched base! Apart from dodging the black bits (which is a fair bit now), as there were hardly any people up there, I had a really nice run down at around 13.30. those old P50s of mine are really a LOT softer than the Fischer WCs. Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Didn't go up today, but there was 5cms fresh and 10 cms forecasted for tomorrow. Going up then with Hannah, so will let you know - if I have the energy after chasing her round the mountain for hours. Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The hotel's full of some rather sorry looking tourists - virtually all Italians, with a smattering of Belgians and Dutch. They don't look like skiers and the L2A summer activities can't have been much fun today! Cold and wet, augurs well for the skiing tomorrow though....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski you can keep up - no bother !!! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Paul Mason, Kind of you to say so - not true though (at any rate if she tries)! Sadly, all closed today - there we were all dressed up and nowhere to go. There's been 10 cms+ overnight but also 10cms ice on cables etc!! Wind 72 kph. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Anyway the forecast is better for tomorrow, so we're hoping to get up and enjoy some of that fresh (if it hasn't all been blown off)...... Skullie
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
WOW! Super day - sorry all of you stuck in the UK. Pretty breezy and not open until quite late this morning, but loads of new snow (although still hard), and sun and ............ Hannah got to grips with the borrowed skis, we did lots of video and I really enjoyed myself. The glacier looked actually white, and most of the crevasses had mysteriously disappeared. Shocked I don't think the webcams working though as it looked completely iced up! There was about 5cms or more ice on some of the cables - very spectacular - hopefully PG got a photo as he had his photographer's head on today. Looking forward to tomorrow. Looks like the best snow we've had since June. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
easiski, Sounds great and right now sitting at my desk I can only imagine what sort of day you guys have had. Photos perhaps?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was videoing mostly, but there are a few shots here....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, Thanks for that. What I would do to be there.......... Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mouth, me too.
It looks great guys!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, Excellent shots. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very good again today. A bit harder in the early morning, but softened up just right for midday. Super snow, but a little warmer and some grey was starting to show through later in the morning.

I may not ski again this summer, but if I do I'll keep you posted. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Couple of snowHeads enjoying the late summer snow!!

Lots more photos here
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the photos PG. Next year I've promised myself I'll get some summer skiing done (does June count as summer?) as it's just been too long since I was last on skis and there's still another 87 days before the next trip Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks really good PG. Is the snow better at L2A compared with Tignes?
ski holidays
Definitely better before the weekend's snow - Tignes has a more southerly aspect and any lack of winter snow means the "cracks begin to show" earlier in the summer. Tignes is steeper too, so there's more movement and more crevasses to fill. Since the weekend dump I haven't seen the Tignes glacier, but it must have improved a bit. Hope to get up there Monday to take a look, I think it's staying open a week longer than L2A.

Otherwise neither glacier had much snow last season, the little there was was often accompanied by strong winds and blew straight off. These days they need pretty huge stockpiles to last long into the summer.
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, June definitely counts, and is the best time to do it - the earlier the better.

People who think it's all flat here should look at pic 2 in PG's gallery. At the far right of the snowy bit should be steep enough for anyone! Shocked We were ski-ing that bit early in the season & I do expect it to be skiable again by the Mondial! Little Angel
snow conditions
We're closed now! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Shame we closed on Sat as they had to evacuate the mountain due to major thunderstomrs, whereas today was a really nice day - and probably a good bit of fresh up there too!!! Crying or Very sad

ROLL ON OCTOBER AND THE MONDIAL
snow report
easiski, thanks for all your reports and have a good 'break' in UK.
ski holidays
kuwait_ian, Very Happy Hate the UK! I just never want to leave my mountain views, but needs must! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 brian
brian
easiski, we've got some mountain views ! You're just going to the wrong end Laughing
ski holidays
brian, Yes - but I can't use my chalet in Aviemore! + Parents insist on living in the SW - they must be mad!!!! Shock Shock Shock
snow report
I've lurked and made just a few posts but feel strongly that I have to defend the SW especially north Devon and clotted cream!
ski holidays
finnbob, My parents live in bath! Hate the weather - the sky's always about 2' from the top of my head! Here we have big skies and big mountains - sorry, no contenst! Little Angel I'm turning off now - just putting off the evil moment of packing and giing!!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy