Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Got new skis, and need new skis!

Poster: A snowHead
Just bought Dynamic RV17 skis - and now need an all mountain ski and a powder ski, so I'd like some suggestions, please. (because I know there are skis out there that I don't know about!) I'm female, weigh about 140 lbs, 5 foot 7 inches tall. I'm an advanced skier, and the all mountain ski has got to be something I can do snowploughs on all day when I'm teaching!

Any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pollittcl, call Odyssey skis: www.odysseyskis.com and get custom flex for you. $169!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex, very interesting - but they only seem to do 177cm length, which I think is a bit long for me since I'm currently skiing on 155cm skis. I'll call them and see what they say, though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oooh, those look very interesting. I'm very tempted. I just wish I had some money!

I also like the "pimp" factor of having a brand name that no-one else has even heard of!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, if you can get to La Rosiere next season we'll get you on a pair of Volkels, my son is involved in producing these limited edition skis, only 100 pairs made each year. The AK47s were sold out on the basis that the graphics were designed by a guy who won a major art award, I think most are hanging in galleries or on living room walls. They are made in Bulgaria in the same factory that makes Atomic skis, amongst others and next year, Daniel tells me, most of the psiteurs/ski professionals in Val d'Isers will be using them. He's already persuaded a lot of the La Rosiere professionals to switch and our ski-host last year even bought a pair. They are also incredible value, we'll be stocking a few pairs ourselves but Daniel carries a stock in his chalet for testing. The only drawback is that sizes are limited at the moment. Have a look at www.volkels-extreme.com for information.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David@traxvax, I thought that the AK47 were made by Kalashnikov, not Volkel. Go like a bullet I understand.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray, you're right and Kalashnikov Vodka is just about to launched, knocked out by a silver bullet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Strangely pertinent, informative, and useful for spam. Do they do weight loss pills, cheap software, or any penile disfunction products?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pollittcl, Fat Luvs for off-piste.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David...I'd be interested in your specials too....but that web-link does not work.
Can you check?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
runsp, sorry dyslexic fingers should be www.volkersextreme.com
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pollittcl, they really should be long enough to flex up in pow, no?

You're actually light enough that you might look into a tele/randonee ski like a Karhu Jak BC, maybe even a Ruckit. Those are going for good prices these days.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Tahoe ungroomed calls for a lot less float and more stability than Utah ungroomed. This is why i don't really think the length shift is inappropriate. If you were skiing trees in UT, then sure, 150cm Powder Pluses or something that big.

nbt the BIKE shop just also started carrying Karhu! I mean, is that fair at all? I'm SO doomed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
comprex, you're more than probably right - I'm just a little wary of anything over 170cm, which feels very long to me. I'll look into the tele skis - hadn't thought of those. Price is not a big problem for anything from the major manufacturers since I can get the pro form price on most things.

The powder ski is actually the less urgent need - an all mountain ski is definately needed to teach on! (I love the Dynamics but they do not like to skid or side slip! Great fun when carving, though!)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pollittcl, bad me Embarassed forgot to say only pick the heavy-duty teles as some are very thin and weak right where the rear binding screws would go. I hear you about the size as well.

Do you plan to ski bumps on your teaching skis?
snow conditions
comprex, I never 'plan' to ski bumps - it just happens! But, yes I will probably be skiing bumps on my teaching skis, especially since I'll be taking lots of clinics.

Wear The Fox Hat, funny - every one suggests Fat Luvs for off-piste! If only they weren't covered in flowers! I'm just going to have to ski them! (closing my eyes to the graphics!)
snow conditions
pollittcl, what's wrong with flower power??? Very Happy
ski holidays
Nothing, until the engine blows up or the wheels fall off

snow report
David Goldsmith, Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wear The Fox Hat, nothing "wrong" with flower power, per se - I just don't like the graphics! Plus every one seems to have them - I'd prefer to be different, so I might have to get the paint out! Very Happy
latest report
@David@traxvax, Hey I just got Volkers ski and it took me quite a while to find any info on them. Is there any way I could talk with the producer or whatever. It just seem really interesting and I would love to know more about it. Thx in advance!
snow report
@volkersFTW, welcome to the forum. This thread is 15 years old, so it's not that likely that you'll get a reply!
ski holidays
Anyone know if David is still alive?
ski holidays
DB wrote:

If you mean David@traxvax then, IIRC, he died a number of years ago.
snow conditions
spyderjon wrote:
DB wrote:

Thanks, looks like his last post was in Aug 2008.
snow report
Quote:

Well that's a bummer. Sorry to hear that. I was just excited to get to know about this ski brand as it didn't last long. Thanks for the quick replies!
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
DB wrote:

I’m fairly sure his death was “announced” on sH at or near the time of his passing. I’m also pretty sure he’d stopped posting here well before then.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy