Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where are the youngsters?

Poster: A snowHead
crazy_skier_jules,
Love the colours and I think you were spot on with a lot of what you said.
Kids don't do what you say, they do what you do.
The young feel uncomfortable unless they conform. They feel even more uncomfortable if you don't conform.

But love doesn't get any less painful. It remains strong and deep, and continues to play hell with your head. Psychologically, it is a very special but very real kind of psychosis. It swings you between ecstasy and desolation, changes not just your life but yourself, and usually, once it's gone, you wouldn't have been without it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crazy_skier_jules,
Quote:
Also, sorry if I offend anyone with my views. I am very opiniated, I know!

Good for you for being opinionated - it shows you think about things and, to use a vogue word from 'idiot' Blair, earns my respect. I don't think you've offended anyone here. I think most of us like to hear honestly held opinions, even if we disagree with them (in fact, especially so: it gives us chance to get on our own soapbox!) snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slikedges, thankyou!
all I've felt so far to with love has been pain, I have never felt the joy of it, or at least that's what it's supposed to be, eh?
Great, I'm gonna be stuck with pain all my life. Lol! Laughing
Colours are good! Brightens the place up as well as making things easier to read. I would stick colour in this, but I'm on quick reply and I don't know the codes!
Julia snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
crazy_skier_jules, glad that we've made you feel welcome. If you could now be quiet until your twenty first birthday, that would be marvellous. wink

Nadenoodlee, if you could be quiet until your thirty-first birthday, then that would be appreciated as well. Razz

PS. I'm not expecting these comments to be taken seriously, as I'm in my thirties and so over the age where anyone of any consequence pays me any attention whatsoever. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
laundryman, thankyou as well! every time I finish replying, someone else has replied!
Yes, I like a good debate - at school it just escalates into a b!tching match. Forums are good. And I am very pleased I have earned your respect, thankyou. And Blair is an idiot. SnowHeads for Prime Ministers!!!!!

Kramer, everyone else is telling me I should shut up. Maybe I should stop posting now. *runs away and hides in a corner.*

julia snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ian Hopkinson, I am 31, what have got to look forward to?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crazy_skier_jules, only joking with you (and Nade as well, but don't tell her). You're welcome here.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FenlandSkier, the feeling you've reached your half-life at 35...

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 27-05-05 9:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
crazy_skier_jules, im not exactly old but when i was 15 i was just like you, even my closest school friends didn't get why i did so much! i used to play football (for crystal palace Embarassed ) & i was in the ATC so i was doing all sorts of adventure training! & running for an athletics club. I think playing sport and doing outdoor type activities build character and can make you a generally good person. & giveor take the odd school ski trip ive paid for every one of mine since i was 15! so just because you do lots....doesnt mean you are a rich bitch! I hear ya! keep it up! i wish i could make the time to do those things all over again!
Caz
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I am 31, what have got to look forward to?

Lots more fun?
I didn't even start skiing until I was 33. A lot of wasted years perhaps but I am seriously making up for lost time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
crazy_skier_jules,

Sounds like i was quite like you 10 years ago. A girl on my postgrad course said to me a few months back "a few years ago I would have hated someone like you" as she thought I was too keen and enthusiastic. She'd been the kind of girl at school who'd thought it was cool to stand at the back during sports lessons, not get involved and not work hard. But now she's grown up a bit and realised she's never going to get anywhere in life with that attitude.

Just think - your enthusiasm and intelligence means that in a few years time you will have a glittering career and men falling at your feet (if they don't already). All those lazy chavs will be so jealous of you, and probably still slag you off for it - but then why would you care what they think?!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, thanks for that
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
crazy_skier_jules, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead and good luck with your exams Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thankyou everyone!
Cathy Coins, thankyou! I'm in my last-but-1 year of secondary (high) school, but cos i'm in the top class I have to take my R.E GCSE a year early, and it was today. It was hard Puzzled Shocked Confused I think I did marginally ok, lol! Laughing
beanie1, cazaroo, thankyou, and you're right beanie1, you need to be keen and enthusiastic. Not sure about the glittering career though! All I want to do is work in a ski resort, somehow. I realised it can be a job, not just a 7 day long holiday! To bad I hadn't thought that at the end of year 9 (third year) when I took music over french!
Oh well. I'm trying to learn off my mum, the walking talking french dictionary! Trying to get her to ski is another matter! She had a lesson at Pendle, and, well, let's just say she managed about two runs staying on her feet! Laughing Laughing She said she might try x-country tho. Hehehe!
thanx evr1
Julia
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
crazy_skier_jules wrote:
Thankyou everyone!
Cathy Coins, thankyou! I'm in my last-but-1 year of secondary (high) school, but cos i'm in the top class I have to take my R.E GCSE a year early, and it was today. It was hard Puzzled Shocked Confused I think I did marginally ok, lol! Laughing

Not much changes then, I did RE early as well, it's been so useful.
snow report
Being that little bit older meant i coul drop RE @ 13. Age does have some benefits.
snow conditions
ise, I did RE early (enforced) , must be the easy one to start you off. Cant say knowing Luke's Gospel like the back of my hand has helped me much over the last 7 years! Puzzled

crazy_skier_jules, I wanted to go and do the ski resort thing the season after my a levels but I went and worked in Paris instead, then went to uni the next year and ive only just round to doing a season now, 4 years later. Realised that I was very good at apres-ski, so practised that for a few years at uni in Glasgow. Now im considered almost to be a professional at it! NehNeh
ski holidays
Hey hey guys. I happen 2 fit into the young person's age catagory as proposed by eEvans. Sure the "youth should have their word" but i rekon we youths can learn a thing or 2 from the "elders", they do have more experience after all. It was probably the "elders" who founded this site anyway. I know alot of people over 29 who are really cool (and good skiers/boarders) and deserve to have their say just as much as we do! Very Happy
snow report
death*on*the*roof, saw your skier profile. See you're a dry slope racer! You'll know Neil of Racer Ready perhaps? What club? How's the series going so far?
ski holidays
Hey PG! Don't know Neil of Racer Ready i'm afraid. Relatively new to skiing (had 8 weeks out of action due to injury already!!) and making up for alot of lost time so not registered this season. Been skiing slalom for less than a year. I'm aiming to be registered before next year's summer race season though. Will be taking part in the summer league in gloucester and various schools races this season.
I ski with Cardiff ski club snowHead
ski holidays
Ian Hopkinson is a young whippersnapper who takes no notice of his elders and betters wink

crazy_skier_jules re your sig there is a present for you here snowHead
latest report
eEvans, I'm 19.
ski holidays
death*on*the*roof - does that make you a Welsh Raider or a Welsh Pillager? It's difficult to know who the teams are at Gloucester as the only info we ever see is the summarised results. Good luck with your skiing this year anyway. Have you noticed how may of the O50 team are up in the top times at Gloucester? They seem to be the faster group after the U18s.
ski holidays
Jane L- Thanx Very Happy I think it makes me a Welsh Pillager. Hadn't noticed the O50 team's results but its gr8 to see that they're doing well snowHead
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, apres ski is the important bit! Par-tay!
Yeah, anyway, it's the skiing, honest, not the party and fit blokes Laughing
RE was enforced - I hate the subject!! Laughing
Julia snowHead
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, RE is a waste of time! We had to do RS which was even worse as it was JUST christianity, didnt get to drugs, or sex or anything remotely interesting Sad

Fit blokes- can be a bit hit and miss in ski resorts, bit too many shiny red sunburnt faces for my liking, and flugels can cause havoc with your minger radar, best ski trip I ever went on was the half term b4 my alevels- to Pas de la Casa with my mates- we were all off for a week after recovering- still did bloody well in A levels though- must be a revision technique parents have yet to crack on to!!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, Laughing Laughing I wish my parents saw it that way. RE is depressing we do death and stuff, something I don't like to think or talk about, and all the sex stuff is boring, it's just religious attitudes towards it, nothing juicy Laughing not that i'm that sick or anything!
Me and my mom have a long standing joke about fit lifties, I did see a rather nice one in La Clusaz, up on the Croix-Fry if you're going to La Clusaz and interested, girls! My mom embarrassed herself and me by sledging into the fence round the jardin des neiges that a fit instructor had just erected! CRINGE! Embarassed Laughing
Julia snowHead
snow report
crazy_skier_jules, I notice you moaning about not starting skiing when you were 4, believe me when I say it's not the age you start skiing that's important instead it is not putting in a big gap, I started skiing age 4 and by the time I was 10 was in the top class in the ski school, could ski on any run both on and off piste do jumps, tricks and be totaly fearless, sadly when I was 10 my father died and by the time I was 13 I'd had to stop skiing due to financial and educational reasons, I didn't re start skiing till after I went self employed some 13 years later, the result is that whilst I am still a fair to good skier on piste my off piste is terrible and I no longer have the nerve to do jumps and tricks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy