Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xscape MK June 11th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's it like at Xscape MK on a Saturday morning? Busy? What sort of clothes do you wear - ie is it cold? Scuse ignorance, but have never been to a snowdome. Hannou will be there training with the GB children's team from 8.30 until 12 as part of the fitness testing programme over the Saturday and Sunday.

What sort of wax is best suited? They're doing some slalom training I think.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent, you'll have to take a photo', I'm pretty sure I can picture the look on her face already though Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I'm pretty sure I can picture the look on her face already though

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PG, went once on Saturday afternoon, arriving about 1:30pm and it didn't look too busy. Got busier later in the afternoon so unless there's a morning rush, you should be pretty safe there. Yes, it's cold in there, big difference to the rest of the building, kept to 1 deg.C if memory serves; at any rate, Xscape insist on your wearing cold-weather gear including "non-wooly gloves". Couldn't tell you about wax, I'm just a beginner and hire all the equipment!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks TallTone...

ise, Laughing There's no way I'm going... she's not chuffed, you guessed it. About £500 to go all that way to do a couple of hours on snow, plus Cooper test, box jumps, crunches, pull-ups, the sort of thing she has to do just about every week of the year at her school.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I find no wax is best. Certainly Universal Wax can make the snow seem REALLY slow. Someone once told me they put something in the water to help the freezing process and it doesn't go well with wax, but I'm not sure if this is true.
I hope she knows it is only 170 or 180 metres long and divided into 2 narrow slopes by columns.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
She's gonna love it!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, try a hard race wax possibly, it's closer to ice crystals than it is to snow so a low temp wax should be slightly better
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG,
Don't know if this will help but the website is

http://www.xscape.co.uk
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, Spiderjon might be able to help on the wax issue.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Temperature wise its like a mountain - cold - so I found I was nice and warm with base layer, fleece and a 'puffy' sleeveless jacket. You get warm down the slope but then sitting on the button lift you cool down.
(And I'm sure for someone like Hannou it will be very easy and very tame!)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy