Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Martin de Belville

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We (Adult and two teenage daughters) are thinking of taking a holiday in St Martin. We like Courchevel, and have had a good holiday in La Tania but Meribel at half term is a bit daunting and we'd like to explore the Val Thorens side of the area a bit more. Whats St Martin like to stay in - any bad experiences or suggestions that might be helpful Puzzled (We are thinking of going self catering) Thanks in advance snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
its great!

easy queue free access to the whole 3V. Avoid Les Minging apart from the must do La Motte side.

Go to VT via Meribel and mottery and come back that way too. the red between VT and LM is a dire track.

Not much in the way of drinking tho, even the famed Brewski's was poor, but at french prices who can afford to anyway.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stopped in St Martin for a long weekend a couple of years ago, this being in January, and was very impressed both with the village and two fast lifts out into the main 3V system. Some really good resturants in the village. Runs back to village are covered with snow makers. However I skiied into St Martin in March this year and there was a horrendous mid afternoon queue for the St Martin 2 chairlift ... a few days later and a few days wiser we found out that there is a singles queue for the chair on the far right (even further over than the ski school queue). Overall I'd recommend it a lot nicer place to stop than the main resorts.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 19-05-05 20:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

even the famed Brewski's was poor

I wouldn't say poor, but it was quiet in Jan this year, and is probably a fair reflection of St Martin's apres in general. Should be a bit livelier in half-term weeks tho. St Martin is out on a limb of the 3V and does feel very seperate from the rest the area, so if that is what you are looking for then book it up.

The Belleville and "fourth" valleys are as big as Courchevel and Meribel put together (300km?), so you will have plenty of exploring to do. As for diverting through Meribel on the way to VT....? In half-term week...? Not unless you enjoy lift Qs!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in the Brewski's apartments a few years back ( true ski in ski out accommodation - if a little basic ) with Ski Miquel, but they don't go there anymore. I think Equity do now though. The village is well linked to the 3V with a gondola and chair to the Meribel ridge. I remember a couple of good restaurants on the hill, and some brilliant fast cruises on Jerusalem and Pramint pistes. Apres Ski is a little quiet, but there a couple of restaurants in the village. All in all, thoroughly recommended
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the tihelpful and reassuring advice, have found a nice looking apartment and just waiting for confirmation that its free
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy