Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xmas 2005 - Boxing Day Departure??

Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowheads,

we are having trouble planning our annual Xmas ski trip. We would ideally like to fly on 26th December for 7 nights, catered chalet, hoping for Val D'Isere.

The problem is we can only find departures on 24th and 27th Dec, neither of which suite the whole group Confused

Anyone booked for next Xmas yet and managed to get a Boxing day departure? or know where we might be able to??

Thanks Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nog, we've had guests booked over Xmas for some time but we've changed our transfers to avoid Boxing Day. Unfortunately you won't get Easyjet's winter schedule for some time. You could try the train, Eurostar and SNCF have scheduled services on Boxing Day.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we can get flights on boxing day, but not a chalet. Almost all companies seem to have their changeover day on Xmas Eve (not convenient for some of our group.)

Any ideas much appreciated snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We think we're going to Switzerland on a do-it-yourself, because of the same problem. You can definitely get flights, swiss rail goes straight to all the resorts, even on boxing day, and we're going to book a hotel direct. Not yet sure of resort!
Crystal does "short ski" packages of 3 nights and flight, leaving any day, and then you pay for the extra nights, but there's a limited choice.
This is my 3rd Christmas trip, and my partners 7th trip in the same time span, and you really don't need a package ski holiday, except for the problem of getting to the resort from the airport, that's why we're looking at Switzerland and their excellent trains.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Silver Ski are doing a boxing day flight and have 2 chalets in Val D'Isere. www.silverski.co.uk
I have the "early bird brochure" if you need more info, or give them a ring. They have some cracking chalets in most of the other top French resorts. Not heard of anyone that has had a bad holiday with them
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
nog, as you've discovered to get the low prices from TOs you have to accept their departure dates. And the problem this year is that a) Xmas is on a Sunday and b) Boxing Day is a Monday which will be a Bank Holiday in the UK. Which means that the days the TOs will NOT be flying is Sunday and Monday. Pain in the ar$e but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Of course there are some TOs which offer boxing day departures, as Frosty the Snowman points out.

But if you can't get a TO to provide you with a Monday departure then either look seriously at changing your dates (which I know no-one wants to do, but life's not always fair), or go independent - search online for details of independently owned chalets & approach chalet hosts directly. Depending on how large your group the chances of getting a better deal per person is likely to be better than going thru a TO anyway. Don't forget that rail is a viable option, and would dramatically knock down your transfer costs (for details do a search on this site - there are long threads on this already).

You might also have to look at plumping for a hotel - being the form of accomodation most likely to be flexi about your arrival/departure dates.

Good luck!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Not heard of anyone that has had a bad holiday with them

Give it a year- I've got an interview with them! NehNeh
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll take a look at Silverski ... THANK YOU Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dear Sir
I write to complain about my skiing holiday with your company during which one of the chalet "girls" was constantly pis...........................................
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, more likely to complain about me burning cakes - always been a forte of mine!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee, Drunken staff I can handle, but poor food! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, oh shut it, its not like you can cook it any better youself Razz Somehow dont think id be putting that on an application form anytime soon!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee,Good luck, if Its any help the staff did seem fairly happy with their lot
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Cheers- fingers crossed for friday! snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, hope the throat clears up and the interview goes well. We'll be rooting for you.
latest report
kuwait_ian, Thank you! Have to drive all the way to Hertfordshire!! Might be worth a stop at MK snowdome on the way home!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, I take it the knee is up to that ?? Or are you just going to shout at the gypsies camped in the aux car park wink
snow conditions
kuwait_ian, Its all wishful thinking for me- brothers driving and has mentionned a stop off! Knees ok unless I have it bent for more than 2hrs, then it gets sore, but other than that its nearly all better! I think swimming 3 times a week has really helped!
snow conditions
Just to get back to the subject for half a tiny second...me and Mr Sarah42 ARE going to switzerland on Boxing day for a week, flights hotel and train all booked separately saving £140 English Pounds EACH on any brochure price. Check it out. Who needs a rep? (Sorry, reps.)
Also, Thomson do Boxing Day departures, but not in France it seems.
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Knees ok unless I have it bent for more than 2hrs, then it gets sore, but other than that its nearly all better!
Madeye-Smiley Am having some difficulty in thinking of that many activities where you might have your knees bent for more than two hours (unless you're very lucky......)
ski holidays
There are Boxing Day departures to Turin I think.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy