Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warm gloves

Poster: A snowHead
Someone (I forget who) asked me to put up the make of the gloves I was extolling at the bash.

HESTRA, are a swedish make and are the warmest gloves I've every found. they do gloves, mittens and half and half ones with thumb and forefinger and the other fingers in a mitt.

I don't know how widely they're available, but I highly recommend them for people with cold hands - oh I should say theyare very expensive though.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
easiski, How long do they last ? I had a pair, very warm, and Mrs Ski has mitts which she loves, but my gloves only lasted 6 weeks ? I now have Marmot 'Guide' (I think) which are as warm but way more durable....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, gloves that only last six weeks? What on earth do you do to them?! Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TallTone, Carrying kids more than one pair of skis is very destructive especially around the base of the thumb
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, blimey, another good reason to insist that kids carry their own! Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I always want leather in the glove around the fingers and the palms but I think it helps if you can rotate
them every other day so you don't have to 'fry' them on the raditator if damp. As I don't slaughter gloves day in day out and do indeed rotate them they are never wet....can't put on wet gloves or socks for that matter...and they tend to stay weather proof much longer. I have had my Hestras and Eider gloves for at least 4 years now so have been well worth the extra initial cost.

Widely available in SNR and EB and I have seen them all over the alpes..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had some Ami Chaud goretex one which I loved. They fell apart in Canada and I replaced them with something else, but I would give my eye teeth for my Ami chaud's the ones I have even have an extra fleece liner, but in Serre Che in January my hands were freezing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TallTone, I get my kids to carry mine. And they have to bring a choice if the snow conditions are variable wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TallTone, wear them, carry skis, dry them carefully overnight ? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I dump my kids with the Crystal staff and let them worry about it! wink For the record, my gloves are Tog24 Goretex. Worked well enough for me!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just wear a marmot on each hand but dont tell Rachel Q Twisted Evil
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarpa, which end do you put on your hand?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski, My half & halfs lasted 2 seasons. I used them this season as well as I couldn't get replacements! They're pretty duff now though! Holes all over etc. I use dubbin to waterproof the leather bits btw.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
slikedges wrote:
Scarpa, which end do you put on your hand?

One end bites your fingernails, the other end stops you biting your fingernails.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ski wrote:
easiski, How long do they last ? I had a pair, very warm, and Mrs Ski has mitts which she loves, but my gloves only lasted 6 weeks ? I now have Marmot 'Guide' (I think) which are as warm but way more durable....

I've been wearing mine for three seasons, which is 100's of days. Last week at the BASI course I reckon 40% of people were wearing Hestra's.
snow report
JT wrote:
Widely available in SNR and EB and I have seen them all over the alpes..

I've only seen Hestras in resort but can't find them in the UK.
snow report
A quick google for "Hestra Gloves site:uk" shows UK stockists include Beans (Bicester), Finches (London), and Edge2Edge (Crawley). And yes they are warm - usually can pick a pair up at the ski shows, where all the above retailers usually have a stand.
ski holidays
spyderjon,

I got mine from either EB or SNR a few years back but haven't got this years catalogue - they didn't send me one - so apologies for that if they no longer stock them. I can't imagine why as they are just about the best around IMO.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy