Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

People / cabin in snowtrain?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
How many people are there in a snow train cabin (the overnight one from Paris to Bourg St Maurice, not the Eurostar)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Six, but you can pay a 'sole party' occupancy supplement - I think four is the minimum.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, six. Fine of you go with guys you know. Not so good if alone, coz the other 5 will be best buddies and not worry about smelly feet, burps, farts and snoring.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1st class is 4 and much more comfy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The first time I used it I was lucky there was only 3, me and a mate and another bloke (his partner was absent as a result of a bereavement). Last year on the outward journey the heating in our carriage was faulty so not many people got much sleep.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
there's no 1st class offered on the chartered snow train from Gare du Nord. If u want 1st u would need to go a few stops down the metro to Gare d'Austerlitz and take the snow train the French take. More hassle v's better conditions.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go with the 1st class option, or even standard on the TGV out of Gare d'Austerlitz if there're more than 4 of you, but less than 6. If you do, not all trains have a buffet, so either eat in Paris, or pack a picnic, not forgetting the beers/wine, naturally!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year on the way back from Aime la Plagne my party of six got a 1st class cabin allocated to us even though we hadn't paid for it.
Soo much quieter because they have double glazing as well as air con.
It definitely sleeped six though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
6! Was a very long time ago! You have to agree with the others in the cabin when you will fold the beds down for 'lights out'! It's a funny experience. Also as I recall the two uppermost bunks are really quite high. We had a compartment next to the bar/disco?? car, it was smoky and noisy all night, not sure if they still have those.
Take your own food.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I find the Snowtrain exciting on the way out, tedious on the way back. Still, you get an extra 2 days' skiing and none of the airport hassle so it's worth it. Best to bag the bottom bunks as you don't disturb as many people for that inevitable trip to the wonderful loos, and you can watch the world go by if you can't sleep.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mark,
Don't forget to mention the romantic involvement Embarassed you witnessed on the way to Tignes in December!!!!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hahaha - yes, how could I forget that one! Basically, on the outward trip, the OH and I were allocated the top bunk (never even considered trying to book the bunk level). When we tipped up, we discovered a French couple settling themselves into the bottom bunks. No problem - seemed like a nice couple and we all exchanged pleasantries etc.

It wasn't long out of Gare d'Austerlitz, that they decided to share their bunk and get all amorous...........for much of the night. We were reduced to gazing at each other accross the void of the couchette and giggling, before getting p1ssed off at the sleep depravation. Did consider sharing a bunk ourselves, but were concerned at the potential for disaster if the bunk couldn't sustain our joint weight.

In the end I switched on my reading light.......pretended not to hear and read until they fell asleep!!

So, if any of you elect to take the TGV - book the bottom bunk - whatever you plan Exclamation
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy