Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transport in La Plagne - help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're going to Belle Plagne on Saturday and have just heard that friends will be in Plagne 1800 at the same time and we'd like to meet up with them some evenings. I've read on the website that there is a lift from Belle to Bellecote, then a bus from there to Plagne Centre. Friends can then get to Centre on a bus from 1800. This transport runs until 1.00am. What it doesn't say is, how often the lift/bus runs and how long it takes. Would it be quicker to use taxis and if so, any idea of cost? Anyone been recently and can help? Obviously, we need to know if the journey if feasible or not worth the effort, just for a few drinks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Maggi, I don't think you'll do it too often. Belle Plagne to Bellecote is constant, so no probs there. The buses, I think are also fairly regular (I saw them dotting about constantly) but for a few drinks? Probably more trouble than it's worth. You are probably talking 30-40 mins travelling plus waiting time each way.
Much easier is to meet at lunch or am. You are only 20 mins ski=ing to Plagne Centre and so is 1800. Meet by the Colorado lift in Plagne Centre (I'm pretty sure it's the one on the webcam).
I wish I was coming too. I've had to shelve my plans Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Michael. As you obviously know your way around, I wish you were coming too Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't. It hurts. I had it all planned. A week in March with my brother in law, (family aren't interested in 2 trips). We can't get good flights off this rock. rolling eyes
You are going to have a great time. By the way, my advice is to forget the Vanoise connection unless you really want to say you've done it. There is so much in the Belle Plagne area that you'll never do it all.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
maggi, you've got yourself almost as far apart as you could manage within the central La Plagne bowl. I agree with Michael B. Try it one evening, and see how it goes. Meet in Bellecote. You'll have easy ride in gondola, your friends will come by bus. Websites suggest the service is quite frequent and the bus goes all the way from Plagne 1800 to Bellecote (no changing required). Taxis are expensive and unreliable.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Michael B, Cheers - wasn't going to bother going to Les Arcs as we went last year. We usually get our lift passes on the bus, from the rep, and knowing that they never, ever, sell local passes, only area passes, I wouldn't be surprised it they sell the Paradiski ones only. Still, will queue up at the office to save a few Euros!

Jonpim,
Quote:

you've got yourself almost as far apart as you could manage within the central La Plagne bowl

Thanks for advice, we didn't do it on purpose Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could buy on line and pick up in resort. You'll save ££ too.
If you had more time I'd say get 'em sent but if you are off on Sat it's too late.
They take about 5 days to arrive by recorded delivery.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will attempt to be more organised next time. Usually get them on the bus because it's easy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy