Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Colin B wrote:
Forecast is for 20cm at 2500m on Sunday with freezing point down to 1350m on Sunday night. Shame I arrive Sunday evening Smile

Ditto! Very Happy
Snow-Forecast.com seemed to have scaled back that forecast a little bit but all the same it's looking good for Monday.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lots of SNOW this morning in the village Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Should be great on the glacier.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hope it stays around for a couple of days. Arriving tomorrow night for three days Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Webcams all look nice and white today Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Realistically it is several weeks until I get there for my holiday so it may go away

Optimistically - it's got lots of snow there Toofy Grin Very Happy Madeye-Smiley Smile snowHead so it's gonna be great isn't it???
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As stewart woodward, (who I met briefly at coffee time) said loads of snow here. Visibilty wasn't great first thing but the sun kept trying. No pictures of the glacier but

Tignes
view from our bedroom window at Tignes Les Boisses (1850m) about 30 mins ago

Tignes
beginning to look good at Val Claret

Some of the crazy boarders staying here came down a totally unprepared Double M this afternoon (it did make a mess of them though).

Rumours of blue sky tomorrow Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A remarkable amount of snow in Tignes today for the time of year, which made for some very powdery conditions. Feels a bit like winter Wink

Visibility not fabulous though...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think I'm going to sneak up for a wee slide tomorrow. I'm feeling very motivated this year!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, thanks for posting those pics. It does look like proper winter in Les Boisses for the time of year. As others have said, it may not stick around but realistically it's only another month until main season start so more could fall over the next 4 weeks or so potentially.

Whoever is out there over the coming weeks well, have a good un Very Happy stevomcd, good on yuh I'd do the same Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fab fab fab... out on the 7th and hope the glacier gets a good base
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah, the terrace at Les Melezes. Send my regards to Rog, Lindsey and the gang.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tignes
Glacier wasn't too shabby today Very Happy Very Happy Quite warm though, zero at the bottom of the glacier. More of the same tomorrow I believe Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Aye, it was very nice up there today. Few wee bits of glacier poking through in the usual places by the end of the day, but really, great piste conditions considering it's October!

I got up around 11:30 and rode 'til it closed. Lapped the park a few times and got some nice first-turns-of-the-season in on the piste too. Even a tiny tantalising taste of powder to be had...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tignes
Another glorious day, nice and sunny but warm and very, very busy (although not on this photo), race training all over the place. Looked as if much of the dump from Sunday and Monday has melted further down. Off home shortly, unfortunately Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Colin B, aye well, not long to wait til the next one Very Happy
ski holidays
Colin B, stevomcd, sounds as though it was nice while it lasted, and better conditions than you can reasonably expect in October. Mild everywhere now, it seems - just went shopping in jeans and a light jumper, quite a contrast to struggling out of 8 inches of frozen solid snow early yesterday!
snow report
holidayloverxx, No, Roger is warned and stocking up the bar especially.
latest report
Colin B, yay Very Happy
ski holidays
The last week was what everybody wants on a ski holiday. Snow last Sunday/Monday which gave great piste conditions all week. The tempertatures were slightly higher than normal with very little wind and sunshine Tuesday to Friday which has lead to early season suntans Very Happy The forecast for this weekend is more snow then sunshine agin from Tuesday Little Angel
The pistes on Grand Motte are in fantastic condition with only a few ice patches. I have spoken to a few people who have skied down 'Double M' and the general opinion is that it is very skiable with hardly any rocks. It may open officially next week if we get a littkle more snow. The pisteures were not impressed last Tuesday/Wednesday when lots of people were skiing offpiste and risking the cravases to the side of Rossolyn.

My week was taken up with assisting on a Snoworks junior race course. We had 10 kids who all had a great time developing their racing skills. It was the first time in the gates for the kids but fun was had by all untill it got very serious on Friday as the timing gear came out. The results were very interesting and rather embarrasing for most of the parents who got beaten by their kids Little Angel rolling eyes

looking forward to a weekend on the sofa whilst hopefully it snows all day long Very Happy
latest report
Sorry if this has been asked before: are there any web cams that are working at the moment? The HD one on tignes.net doesn't load up. I am out there Sunday week and I think it is important I check the snow every 30 secs!
ski holidays
Try this link.

http://www.tignes.co.uk/webcam.htm
snow report
chect2000, thanks - still no luck - least I know its my laptop at fault though!
latest report
I notice Neil Mc Nair, the poor man who had the dubious task of trying to teach us to snowboard last year, report here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57725#1384409, has branched out on his own this year.

He is running a blog on his new website and some great photos on the double M from the 26th

http://mcnairsnowsports.com/2010/10/27/riding-freshies-yesterday-with-duncan/
latest report
The kids have just about all gone back to school and the pistes are now virtually diserted Very Happy

The snow is in great nick and the weather couldn't be better, sunshine & warm, although it is forecast to get colder on Saturday.

Hopefully some more snow at the weekend Very Happy
snow report
Does the glacier skiing/boarding still stop in the afternoon? If so when does full day use begin?

Planning a late Nov/early Dec long weekend and by the looks of things more snow is on the way so maybe even possibilities of riding down to Val C by then.
ski holidays
stewart woodward,
Quote:

The pisteures were not impressed last Tuesday/Wednesday when lots of people were skiing offpiste and risking the cravases to the side of Rossolyn.

I see that some of the culprits have even posted it on their Facebook pages Laughing Laughing
latest report
stewart woodward, is double m gonna open?
snow conditions
Quote:

Does the glacier skiing/boarding still stop in the afternoon? If so when does full day use begin?

...Wondering the same thing. What time does it close at the moment? We're planning on a half day ticket when we arrive a week tomorrow - ETA at Grande Motte ticket office 12.30/13.00.

Actually, since typing the above, I've just checked the half day price - it's €23 after 11.45 - so a bargain compared to an hour at Xscape anyway! Looks like we'll be going for it - weather permitting.....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was 15.45 when I was there a couple of weeks ago.
ski holidays
skimottaret, mountainaddict, we will be there on the 17th I think weather depending who is around that week????
latest report
livetoski, will just miss you as im coming back on the 13th..
snow conditions
skimottaret, will wave at you we are driving out on the 14th I will expect a full update on the journey down mate
ski holidays
scoman wrote:

Currently the Funicular opens at 08.30 and the last ascent is 15.15. In the season the Funicular opens at 09.30 and the lat ascent is 16.30.

To compensate for the lost 15 minutes a special area has been designated in the car park where all boarders can sit and the cars and mini busses exiting the car park can try and miss them wink wink

The conditions are still very very good for this time of year. Another clear morning and forecast warm temperatures.

Yesterday Super G training was taking place on the descent piste with top competitors from France, Germany, Italy and other national teams taking part.
snow report
skimottaret, I have just checked the weather forecast, looks like your leaving just as all the snow is arriving Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
An amazing day in Tignes. Wall to wall sunshine and very warm Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

A few pictures from Wednesday;

snow report
livetoski Unfortunately we're leaving Tignes on 15 Nov.

stewart woodward
Quote:

A few pictures from Wednesday;

The webcams show a big snow loss since then Sad ..... See up to 50cm of snow forecast this week? BUT freezing level rising massively and heavy rain to come at all levels from Friday - our arrival day Skullie. Bit peed off about that - to put it mildly.....
ski holidays
mountainaddict, the forecast is changing daily at the moment, it will be intresting to see if its rain or snow, if its snow I think we might get snowed in!! now that would be a shame
latest report
hammering snow right now in val claret , not too windy so should be freshies for tomorrow whoop whoop!!
snow conditions
skimottaret, you're out there now?? Have a fab day tomorrow! snowHead
ski holidays
skimottaret, Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy