Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know when the Ellis Brigham and Snow & Rock catalogues are out?

Poster: A snowHead
Sad I know, but perusing them helps keeps me going until I get to ski.
I'm not going to buy anything, of course, just browsing....
You can pre-order the catalogue from EB now, but I did this last year and it didn't arrive until well after it was in the London shops.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
S & R catalogue is not in the shop today, I passed through CFe today and none yet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got a s&r one in this mornings post, clothing only, no equipment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ellis Brigham catalogues are available on 1st October if you have signed up to receive a copy they will be delivered on this date also.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just to update I got 2 copies of S&R's catalogue in the post this morning. Must be new was not in Cfe store this week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I picked up a copy of the S & R winter catalogue in the Gateshead store on Wednesday this week.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
EB catalogue arrived by post this week
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had an EB catalogue in the post yesterday snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep mine turned up this week as well
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sarah wrote:
Just to update I got 2 copies of S&R's catalogue in the post this morning. Must be new was not in Cfe store this week.

So you have my copy then? Toofy Grin Had EB over a week ago but I can't begin the full winter countdown without S&R (even though I don't need anything) Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
had a S & R catalogue delivered yesterday
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
got my EB catalogue last Monday - in the recycle bin on Tuesday Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
my S&R catalogue has arrived. Laughed at the prices as ever
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chrisb, you should see the prices here in Switzerland then......you'd have a whale of a time Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Picked a S & R catologue up yesterday. I really dislike the new landscape format.
ski holidays
Ok I know I've had to wait but one would have been fine! THREE copies arrived with the (poor) postman today. That and an extra S&R parcel that came with some salopettes. It was a climbing axe Laughing So am now waiting in for delivery man to come back rolling eyes
latest report
Quote:

I really dislike the new landscape format
gsb, it's a bit floppy (the catalogue that is Embarassed ) so perusing it is more of a two-handed affair (innuendo city) but I like the big picture format - really sells the sport. It's better than the EB one IMO.
latest report
I like the pics in the S&R catalogue this year, they seem to have made some effort to get some decent action pics...
snow report
S & R catalogue.

£800 for a Spyder jacket Shocked

Who, in their right mind, would pay that Puzzled Puzzled

Talk about paying for a label....

I've had 2 or 3 Spyder jackets over the years and have found them to be excellent. However, I have bought each one in the USA in the sale and never paid more than £150.

£800 is just a tad overpriced IMHO.
snow conditions
Quote:

Who, in their right mind, would pay that

Bergmeister, actually it appears to be £850 and the pants are another £400. And there are plenty of takers out there at that level, people who wouldn't bother read up on the sport, people who wouldn't be aware that it's the most ripped off brand. Huge numbers in the City of London are still raking in the big bonuses and something like 100,000 in Canary Wharf earn in excess of £100k as a basic. Whether they pay £350 or £850 for a jacket is largely irrelevant.
ski holidays
Well I finally got the catalogues, and I agree with Bode Swiller and kitenski that the S&R pics look great. Incidentally, the Sport Konrad online catalogue is an epic 420 pages at http://www.sport-conrad.com/onlinekat10winter/index2.html but unfortunately I think they only mail out the summer equivalent.
snow conditions
Bergmeister, I'm not in the habit of defending large corporate organisations, but I can't hep but feel you're not exactly being fair or sensible with your comparison. The jacket in question is, I presume, the Spyder Men's Alpen Jacket. This seasons kit, in a new re-launched line, at the start of the season. Compared with your "Spyder jackets over the years", purchased in another country (with a favorable exchange rate), in the sales.

I think your ire might be better directed at Spyder themselves for slapping a massive rrp on the jacket, not SnR for supplying what is evidently a desirable product for those willing and able to splash what is, I agree, a massive amount for a jacket that I doubt does any more or anything better than a 4 or 5 hundred quid job.
latest report
Iski wrote:
Had an EB catalogue in the post yesterday snowHead

Was there a 15% discount voucher attached as 2 years ago?
latest report
No discount voucher
snow conditions
There is 15% off (non discounted items) if spend +£100 until 31/10/14 on email circular ... Code is MTT15
ski holidays
I got a S & R catalogue this week. An awful lot of bling. Far too much "faux fur" and £2400 skis. The girl on the front cover looks like she's got a giant caterpillar wrapped round her head.
snow report
I've not had either in the post yet. S&R CFe didn't have them in store last weekend either. But did get the EB 15% off email.
ski holidays
Just got EB catalogue there is a 15% off new season range WB15, when you spend over £100 in OCT. Also a half price servicing offer HPSER, again OCT plus you have to present the voucher/quote code instore.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Phyllis Stein wrote:
There is 15% off (non discounted items) if spend +£100 until 31/10/14 on email circular ... Code is MTT15
snow conditions
Personally I'd never pay full price for kit needed a new jacket this season was £450 waited for the sales and got it 70% off. For £850 i'd want it to make me a cup of tea in the morning and give me a happy ending.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy