Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots For Wide Feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey guys need help here. just got back from my last ski holiday of the season. boo hoo...

right the boots i have are now too small . but one of the problems i have with them are that they were never wide enough for my foot. and also when skiing they seem to put to much pressure on the balls of my feet. i decided the easy way out would be to buy a new pair of wider fitting boots. i got the last pari fom snow and rock so heated and fitted to my foot but just no good. i have salamon x waves don't know what ones but need guidance o a good wide pair of boots. i ski everything from off piste to on piste and general jumping and messing about

any help would be good
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As usual, you're better of letting a good bootfitter look at your feet and advising you as to which manufacturer uses a last that should best fit your feet and them try them for fit.

I do know that Nordica have a much wider last than Salomon though - as I had the opposite problem to yours last season.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
benpudney, I'd recommend a trip to Profeet in London (www.profeet.co.uk) as IMO they're the best around. I've been fitted by both EB's and S&R and neither of them got it right. Take your Salomon's & I'm sure that they'd be able to blow them out for a correct fit. Alternatively, if you do need/want new boots then their end of season sale means that you'll get a great deal with the added benefit of their pressure/alignment testing & custom footbeds etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have wide feet, and was in agony with my salamons. The shop remoulded them and stretched them, and they still hurt. Then a bootfitter took one look at them and sold me a different pair of socks (thinner ones). Problem solved.

Moral: the expensive solution is not always the best!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, benpudney, By all means try but I think you'll find they are now on low on stock for wide feet, more importantly they are not advertising 'ski' any more .. will the same skills be there ????
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
benpudney, If you contact Profeet ask for Hamish Wolfendon, the Manager. He has all the boot fitting skills you'll need! If they're low on stock I'd recommend that you wait until the start of the new season (Oct) when their new stock arrives. If you have your X-waves altered now (it won't be much cost, say £20-£30) you could try them over a few MK Xscape sessions & if you're still not happy get new boots when the new season starts. If you need Profeet's custom footbeds now (about £45-£50) they could be swapped to new boots later.

Incidentally, EB's fitted me with X-wave 9's which were too narrow for me. Hamish recommended either one of the Nordica Beasts models or Technica Diablo Fires for my foot shape & ability/skiing preference/flex pattern etc. I went with the Diablo's as they have a bit more room in the toe box than Beast which I preferred.

The key to boot make/model selection should be made by the fitter based upon your ability, the type of skiing you want to do & most importantly, you must be able to fully flex the boot. Boots should never be bought based upon the advertising blurb or colour etc. As ssh said on another thread, if you want your jacket to match your boots then buy your boots first!

I certainly wouldn't recommend going anywhere elso other than Profeet as no other retailer has their skiing biomechanical knowledge & their pressure testing/'Skier Edge' video analysis equipment. Do a Profeet search on snowHeads & you'll find plenty of other positive testimonials.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy