Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Those fine scratches on the bottom of my skis...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So you all kindly passed on loads of useful advice about ski servicing....as a result Mr HH has been closeted away most of the season ensuring that I had lovely fresh wax and sharp edges to ski on Very Happy

The trouble is they're covered in fine (and a few not so fine) scratches which he doesn't know what to do with. Deep dings no problem but what to do with the minor stuff? Is there a way of filling them except taking them to a professional to have the base ground? Should we bother....can we just leave them and ignore them, even though they make the skis look tatty?

Advice welcomed from all you experts out there.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
homphomp wrote:
....can we just leave them and ignore them

I would

homphomp wrote:
...., even though they make the skis look tatty?

Only on the bottom! Who sees them.

homphomp wrote:
.Advice welcomed from all you experts out there.....

I'm sure they'll be here soon. snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marc gledhill wrote:
.... Who sees them.

I do!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
homphomp, I'm not one of the experts ! Shocked

But small scratches do not matter at all ! Mr HH can fill them with a candle, but it's really a waste of a candle and his time.

The only holes that matter are those that are a) deep and b) near the edge. If they are neither of those, then cover them with wax and relax.

Mrs Skis Phat Luvs are in the same state - she says they ski fine - and (believe me) she tells me when they don't.

Hope that helps.

BTW if you want a second opinion, bring them to Bowles (pm me to arrange) and I'll have a look.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski, Thanks for the offer.....perhaps I'll join you and Sarah_L at Bowles one of these days and you can take a look.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
homphomp, snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
homphomp, throw them out, and get new ones. snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, you only say that because of the amount you pay for yours !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, sometimes I almost pay half price...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No Foxy, you pay the right price, the others pay more.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David@traxvax, true.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, Now there's a thought......no, no, get behind me satan! They're only a season old!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
homphomp, you kept your skis for a whole season?

(OK, if they are your powder skis, then that's acceptable)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't think that one should be seen in the same skis twice darling!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy