Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2010 / 2011 Snow Reports

Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a week in 1800 with uni. Didn't think the pistes were as bad as people have said. Icey and a few stones appearing in places but still ok, you just need to be a bit cautious and pick your line. We barely queued for a lift all week and the top of Arandelieres from the Aiguille Rouge is very rocky and wasn't great. We mainly skied 2000 in the morning and then back to 1800 in the afternoon. There was no need to look out the window for the weather as it was always sunny! The coach back wasn't much fun though.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The week is over so time to catch up on the conditions and what we have been doing.

After some great routes earlier in the week, Thursday saw us on the Bellecote Petit North Face. On the way from Les Arcs we skied across the pistes quickly in Les Arcs and then La Plagne. All were in good condition. When we arrived at Roche de Mio we went down a coulior through the cliffs on firm chalky snow and then across to the North Face. The route onto the face was rather rocky but it became a smooth chalky surface again very quickly until we reached the traverse out under the main face. The final section down the river was more like a skicross course made from a recent avalanche which proved quite a challenge. Toofy Grin

After a quick lunch it was up to the Grand Col for some short couliors off to the right before a long off piste run back to Arc 1950. Another great day with blue skies and good snow. Very Happy

Friday, I had a day away from skiing. But early Saturday morning I said goodbye to my friends going on the Eurostar, then a quick change into ski gear and up to Aiguille Rouge for some fast descents of the KL and other areas on the nature ride pistes with those not leaving until Saturday evening. Over to the Grand Col for more fun before the long off piste route down to the top of the Marmottes Chair then up the top of Aiguille Rouge and down the left side of the glacier off piste and then the Robert Blanc Coulior. Both in great conditions. Finally, lunch at the Savoy in Arc 2000. Quite a morning. Twisted Evil

After a late lunch a cruise around the Arc 2000 bowl with the 'milka cows' and finally off to George's to watch the Rugby. Hard luck Scotland!!! Evil or Very Mad

As for today. After meeting up with a friend for a quick ski and chat, some of us headed off to the Omelette restaurant in Mont Albert for lunch. 48min from the VE to Mont Albert, not bad but I think we can do it in under 40min next time. A nice lunch as always and then a leisurely ski home the long way taking in Champagny as well. To much food to ski fast. snowHead

The pistes we skied today across the Paradiski area were all in a firm hard and compact condition with some icy patches, especially coming into lifts and on the steeper slopes. Overall the conditions are still holding up well across the whole area despite the lack of real snow since 13th Jan and there are plenty of places to ski where you can have fun. The boardercross in La Plagne was good and even the route back to the VE was ok on the north facing slopes above Les Coches.

Over the next few days, my advice is follow the sun and keep to the snow canon routes lower down as the warmer temps will make all these areas quite skiable.

For the off piste, people need to take great care in choosing where they ski as the warmer temps will start to make some SE to SW facing slopes very unstable and also the NE to NW slopes may be effected by the warmer temps if the wind picks up. But even with these changing conditions there are good places to ski off piste where the snow is still in good condition. Take a guide if you are not sure. All those that have arrived this weekend or coming out next week will have a good time. Have a great holiday!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 6-02-11 19:34; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ernie wrote:
Just back from a week in 1800 with uni. Didn't think the pistes were as bad as people have said. Icey and a few stones appearing in places but still ok, you just need to be a bit cautious and pick your line. We barely queued for a lift all week and the top of Arandelieres from the Aiguille Rouge is very rocky and wasn't great.

Agree with that - we did it on thursday morning, and just beyond the bit where the red runs off left and the black goes right, when you take the black, go around to the rock on the right hand-side it was very stony with a large number of stones all over the place making it very hard to avoid individual stones. The remainder was better but so many pistes closed down by Villaroger that the only route still open was to take Lys - the bottom of planay (closed) is below

Still lots of fun to be had on a number of good slopes that were still holding up well on the thursday - especially Bellette which was as fantastic as ever.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowcrazy - we must have unknowingly crossed paths on Saturday. As we were leaving Chalet des L'Arcs (after sumptuous lunch, leaving the salopettes somewhat closer fitting), my kids shouted "look at those skiing cows, Mama!" Thinking they may have inadvertently poured themselves a few vin rouges rather than cola, I cast a glance to find that there were indeed skiing cows Laughing . In fact, this week I have seen more fancy dress skiers than ever.......including a Christmas pud, Sylvester the Cat (of Tweetie Pie fame) and some hideous 80's dayglo gear......at least I hope that was fancy dress.

So sadly our holiday has come to an end and we have now returned Chez Hascas Crying or Very sad My youngest son (he of the "cas" part of "Hascas") has returned with the additional accessory of a plaster cast. He slipped on the red coming down from Varet yesterday afternoon and slapped straight onto his wrist. Thankfully a medic patrol just happened to be going by and we were quickly transferred to 1950 for x-rays and a cast. I have to say though that I am pretty annoyed at the stupidity of other skiers. As we were waiting for the scooter, the medic had surrounded us with crossed skis to make it clear that there had been an accident. Despite this, we then experienced several very close calls with absolute tossers refusing to either slow down or keep their distance. Very scary with an already distressed child and the paramedic made it clear to them what he thought. The service we received from the medics and the doctor at 1950 was excellent. My son doesn't speak french but they had him giggling and distracted from the pain very quickly. Cannot thank them enough.

To those who are still there......jealous, moi? nooo Cool To those who are considering it but worried about conditions, just bite the bullet. As someone wisely said to me last week on this forum.....it massively beats a week in the office wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hascas, thanks for the updates through the week, glad you went for it: but sorry for your son - hope it won't put him off. I guess he was lucky to spot the Milkas prior to the painkillers being administered - the added concern of hallucinations wouldn't have helped!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Jim. No fear of being put off skiing. He has already asked us when he will be able to go again! He is a total speed demon but thankfully is already a very good skier with excellent control. Sadly it was just a rough bit of ice that he hit which threw him off balance. Really unlucky as generally that red is in pretty good condition for hard-packed snow. He's in good spirits though and busily taking his Star Wars figures off-piste-ing over his duvet with his one good hand Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

As we were waiting for the scooter, the medic had surrounded us with crossed skis to make it clear that there had been an accident. Despite this, we then experienced several very close calls with absolute tossers refusing to either slow down or keep their distance. Very scary with an already distressed child and the paramedic made it clear to them what he thought.

Shocked just shocking.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Quote:

As we were waiting for the scooter, the medic had surrounded us with crossed skis to make it clear that there had been an accident. Despite this, we then experienced several very close calls with absolute tossers refusing to either slow down or keep their distance. Very scary with an already distressed child and the paramedic made it clear to them what he thought.

Shocked just shocking.
I saw this once, also in Les Arcs. Several pairs of crossed skis clearly marking the incident, a ski-do, lots of pisteurs and some idiot actually skied between the crossed skis at a reasonable speed. On that occasion there were enough pisteurs around that one of them skied after the miscreant and appeared from my distance to be reading him the riot act. On another occasion I was talking to one of the pisteurs who takes bloodwagons down the hill - he said I'd be shocked at the number of times people have skied in to the bloodwagon while he's been taking a patient to the medical centre!

There's some idiots out there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I arrived on Saturday for two weeks and have been pleasantly surprised by piste conditions. It is also pretty quiet, today after heading from Vallandry to 2000 we then went to 1600 pre lunch and it was deserted. Went up to Agille Rouge down to Villaroger and again it was quiet, and good snow (until near the bottom). Also plenty of fun to be had jumping off the lips on sides of pistes and other hits (I am a boarder). The seasonaires are pretty depressed about it though, understandably.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
how much can i expect to pay for a large beer, in a mountain restaurant and in arc2000.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rolling eyes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@compostcorner I am a seasonaire here in Les Arc (living in Villaroger) and the best value place in 2000 is the Bulle Cafe which is located just under Arcabulle lift. The price for a large beer is 5 euros. The price of an expresso is 95 cents!!!!baragin!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
richjobling, an excellent choice ........pizza @10€ easily enough for 2
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richjobling, the espresso is 90 cents Happy Sometimes good, sometimes not so good, but half the price of everywhere else.

redrunmarcus, I bought half a pizza there last week (for 4.50€ IIRC) and it was too much for me. Would have been better off with a quarter pizza for about 3€. Very reasonable price if you're just looking for a snack lunch, and the view from the deckchairs outside up to the Aiguille Rouge is quite spectacular. Plays decent music as well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hello Les Arcs dwellers, I'm going to Les Arcs on 27/03 for a week with a motley crew of mixed ability. It's the first time any of us have been to Les Arcs and we are staying in the L'Archeboc apartments. Couple of questions, firstly, are there any free lifts in 1800 for a bit of a warm up if we arrive early enough on the Saturday. Secondly is there any inside tips on saving money on the lift passes or is it cough up best part of £200 and look cheerful. Any help appreciated snowHead
snow report
Arteta10 wrote:
Hello Les Arcs dwellers, I'm going to Les Arcs on 27/03 for a week with a motley crew of mixed ability. It's the first time any of us have been to Les Arcs and we are staying in the L'Archeboc apartments. Couple of questions, firstly, are there any free lifts in 1800 for a bit of a warm up if we arrive early enough on the Saturday. Secondly is there any inside tips on saving money on the lift passes or is it cough up best part of £200 and look cheerful. Any help appreciated snowHead

chantel lift in 1800 is free on saturday all day, good for warm up, although very slow lift. sorry i cant help with ski pass as i have a season pass, although there is pack tribu which if you but 4 ski passes at once you save money.
http://www.lesarcs.com/pack-tribu
hope this helps
snow report
richjobling, Who are you working for/with in Villaroger? I was there the weekend before last and will be out again on 18th Feb staying at the Chalet Tarentaise.
snow conditions
Arteta10, there is a Saturday ticket discount option - but only available from the Wednesday immediately prior to the Saturday you want - from

http://samedijeskie.com/

iirc it is about a €18 discount, but means you only need to buy a 6 day pass for the rest of the week. And the two together are cheaper than a 7 day pass.

HTH
Jim
snow report
Thanks for that info Folks, thats Great Bon Nuit et Bon Ski!!!
snow conditions
Arteta10, you also didn't mention the ages of your group, just the abilities! If you have younger ones with you, then <6 years old is free, but you will need proof.
Alternatively you can go for a family pass, which gives you 2+2, then the kids are still kids up to 17 (as opposed to 12) and again, on a 6 day effort worth the saving. We 'borrowed' our friends' 13 y.o. to make up two parties of 2+2, and it was led to a major saving for him and us. If you are in largish group, mixing and matching is well worth considering.

If on the other hand you are all adults, then MTFU and pay the bill!

Additionally we have tended in the past to choose the Decouverte pass, which give you one day in la Plagne - you get to choose which day.
As a first time visitor there will be enough to keep you busy on the Les Arcs pass unless you are total mile munchers, but it is nice to have the option of a day out without having to pay the 'on the spot' upgrade.

Check out their website http://lesarcs.paradiski.com/ for the full range
latest report
Well folks, the pics for January are now uploaded on my facebook group page. Take a look. It was not really as bad as we all think. We certainly had fun in all kinds of snow conditions!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134900026541300&v=photos

Right now the sun has been shinning all day, the wind is very light, there are no clouds in the sky and it is warm, more like an early April day. But, hey there is still snow to be skied or boarded, most pistes are open and even yesterday we still found soft snow in the National Park so there are plenty of places to ride off piste away from all the crowds as they start to arrive. Right now it is still not that busy although there are more people around this week than last week.

The piste are now quite hard and compacted with patches of ice in the well used areas coming into lifts and on the runs into the main stations, but where there are snow canons on the lower slopes the snow is holding up well. On the higher slopes, the snow is a firm chalky surface which is quite grippy and fun to ski, but you do need to be careful not to fall over and slide a long way where it is steeper. If you follow the sun in the morning and head high you should find good snow, then later in the day go lower once the other areas have softened up a little.

The snow park is in good condition. The boarder cross is fun. The kids toboggan areas are good for a laugh, the luge is open (although I still do not like where they built it) and the inflatable jump zone in the snowpark is attracting quite a few people. Not for me! Ouch!!

Overall, it could be better, but as my pics show, there are plenty of places to go with 85% of pistes open including all the way down to Villaroger on one end and right over too Champigny or Mont Albert on the other side of the Paradiski. So all those heading out, you should have plenty of skiing or boarding. Enjoy.

I shall start adding the Feb pics slowly as I have time. Take a look and see how the conditions are holding up if you like. My facebook group is public access so no need to join. Daily weather and snow conditions are posted every morning about 8.30am direct from the piste giving suggestions of the best places to go recommended by the pisteurs to help you plan your day.

For those looking for other things to do while you are out!!! (From my facebook group)

The Paradiski area offers each of you something to do even if you do not wish to always Alpine Ski or Snowboard.

Pedestrians:
1. Enjoy the top of the Aiguille Rouge by foot on a beautiful sunny day and the views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. 'Le panorama 360° à 3226m d’altitude.'

2. From the bottom of the Transarc or Arcabulle go for a ride to the Col de la Chal (pedestrian way), explore the ice cave, slide on the toboggan Park or take a hike on snow shoes (or with hiking boots) to the area over looking the Col de la Chal valley.

3. Hiking routes around Arc 1600, 1800 & 2000 and Peisey-Nancroix are also possible,

4. Sledge dog rides to the Soilet above Villaroger.

For those that wish to try another way of skiing:
Classic Nordic skiing and skating (course of 29 km) in Peisey-Nancroix. It is also possible to try this around the lake in Arc 2000 bowl and in other locations.

More ideas to follow later. Have a good holiday.
latest report
fridge, no need for the seasonaires to be depressed about the conditions. Take a look at the pics in my link above. We have been finding good snow all through January and this week as well. If you like to ride off piste send me a PM and we might be able to meet up.

compostcorner, anything from 4 euro to 6.50 euro depending on where you go. Best value is happy hour at the bowling or crazy fox in arc 2000. When you are out, pop down to George's Wine bar in Arc 1950, they also serve beer there. Really cool place. Bottled beer from 3 euros.

Arteta10, keep an eye on this thread or my facebook group. When I hear of discounts they suddenly offer on lift passes and other stuff I post them in these places.
snow report
snowcrazy, I hear that some of the Mountain bike runs down from 1600 and 1800 are passable at the moment, if people have access to a mountain bike and B**ls of steel Very Happy

Apparently there has been quite few bikers on the funicular over the last few days.

Tux
latest report
snowcrazy, Lovely photos Very Happy
snow conditions
CP im Wroking for Optimum Ski in villaroger. Martin and Deirdre Rowe.
snow conditions
richjobling wrote:
CP im Wroking for Optimum Ski in villaroger. Martin and Deirdre Rowe.

See you next Friday then, My Son and I are staying there for a week.
snow conditions
thanks for the replys, i"m coming to les arcs on march 12 so just seeing how much spending money i might need.
latest report
Just a quick word on the Villaroger side as I live over here. The conditions are actually suprisingly good! There has been a new temporary snow cannon installed as you drop down the blue path from the Solliet restaurant. They have actually cut a whole new piste in here which if you catch it right you can ski pretty good snow down towards the house! There has been some huge efforts by the piste machines on the villaroger side at the moment. Every other night they are up there for about 4-5 hours shifting the snow from the snow cannon piles around the pistes!We should know we can hear them most nights!!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richjobling, I agree, we skied down the off piste route and joined the piste near where the extra snow machine has been put and down to the second chair is now ok, although still with icy patches and very hard compacted snow on the piste. The final bit down to the bottom lift was a bit thin yesterday but it is passable. I think they are going to have to keep working very hard to keep it open over the next week. Still no real snow in sight.

tuxpoo, yes, the bike routes down from both 1800 and 1600 are ok I have heard, but not been out on my bike to try them. Keep meeting bikers on the Funi, but the lifties do not like them coming on when it is busy with skiers.

Today we went over to the Bellecote and played around in the bowl and then down to the Friolin Chair. Very mixed snow, but fun and testing. The pistes on the way over in the morning and on the return back in the afternoon were still holding up well, but are hard packed with icy patches. All still very similar to yesterdays report. Another update tomorrow. Very Happy
snow report
snowcrazy wrote:

tuxpoo,.... but the lifties do not like them coming on [with bikes] when it is busy with skiers.

Really?? I'd not heard that. What difference does it make to them?
latest report
allanm, how would you know, you are back in the UK. Plus not often in Bourg Twisted Evil

Conditions today, much the same still as the last few days with little change to most pistes although going down into Arc 1600 seemed less icy with the warmer temps in the afternoon. Now we will have to wait and see if the snow and change in weather comes at the end of the weekend as predicted?? Hope so Very Happy We did a few nice off piste runs again today in the national park and down the Robert Blanc Couloir, fun with firm chalky snow, but even I would like a bit of powder now. Another update tomorrow. Toofy Grin
snow report
snowcrazy,
Quote:

but even I would like a bit of powder now

not long to wait, next week and week after just before we arrive have packed the off piste super fats already just so the snow gods know are on the way back wink wink
latest report
In Peisey soon- arrive Sunday- skiing from Monday.

Me. Mrs Ed (but we will be taking half days to look after infant).

Both older boys in ESF mornings- family skiing in the afternoons.

Easily recognisable group. I'm the only fat middle aged English /Asian telemarker wearing a very faded Patagonia jacket you are likely to see. I will be huffing and puffing and trying to keep up with a suicidal 9 year old and supervise a 6 year old some way behind at the same time- (this is not possible). Please stop us and chat as this will give me an excuse for a rest.
latest report
Quote:

I'm the only fat middle aged English /Asian telemarker wearing a very faded Patagonia jacket you are likely to see

ed123, Laughing I wish I was going to be there - would make a special effort to track you down!
latest report
Just got back from a week in Les Arcs 1800 (5th-12th)

I've been skiing 20 years & the Mrs's experiance was her first time on snow but practiced at MK,

Snow is really running thin/icy below 1800 for beginner's, especially the runs leading to the bottom of the trans arc lift and the 6 & 4 man chair lifts. We did the 'Foret' run in vallandry on thursday and the grass is starting to come through, half the red runs vallandry side are getting so icy with hardly any covering that they closed them on friday (the red running through foret being one of them) still snow to be found the higher you go towards aguille rouge/top of trans arc lift runs.

Found 2000 is now getting more populated as people head for thicker snow. Didnt try much off piste as was catering for the Mrs skiing abilities

Don't fret but would recommend bringing skis you dont have to worry about as all of the group we skied with encountered occasional stones coming through

Still plenty of runs to be found, I thoroughly recommend being on the first lift up to scout out best areas. Snow supposedly expected mon/tues
snow conditions
snowcrazy wrote:
allanm, how would you know, you are back in the UK. Plus not often in Bourg Twisted Evil
snowcrazy...it's not what you know...

Anyway, resident experts - looks like there's a bit of snow on the way [TFFT], is this going to stick to the existing 'base' or will it proclude off-piste for a while, especially if there is a significant amount?
latest report
An update for today. A small group of us skied almost the whole of the Paradiski area today.

Started from Arc 1600 and went by pistes across to the VE and then over to La Plagne and down to Mont Albert via 'Les Etroits nature ride area'. Quite tracked unless you walk up, but still fun. After reaching the bottom of Mont Albert which still had good snow the whole way down where they have snow canons, we headed back up and over to Champagny via the Verdon Nord and the off piste area down towards the blue runs in the valley. Firm chalky snow in the sheltered areas, but hard packed with some icy patches once on the piste down to the chairs. After a quick lunch, up to the top of Roche de Mio and then down the back and through Derchoir Valley to the Chalet du Froilin Chair (the black run is still closed). Then back to the VE and Les Arcs. All the pistes we used in La Plagne, although firm, were in good condition with a few icy patches, but nothing to difficult to avoid. In the lower areas it is better to use those pistes that have snow canons.

Once back in Les Arcs, we used various pistes and a little trip off piste under the Transarc Gondola before reaching the top of the Grand Col. A quick play in one of the gullies and then off piste all the way back to the top of the Marmottes Chair. Finally up the Bois de l'Ours Chair down, the black off the ridge and then the new skicross course by the snowpark. A quick look at the water slide which is now open at the Altiport and finally up the Clocheret Chair and all the way down to Arc 1600 via the Cachette piste. Although most pistes in Les Arcs had hard compacted snow, there were only a few icy patches on the more well used areas and into the lifts.

The warmer temperatures have started to soften up the pistes a little and if the predicted warmer days continue those coming out this week and next should have some good skiing or boarding on easier snow although there are a few bare patches starting to come through, but nothing to worry to much about. Again, it is better to use the pistes which have snow canons, but they are doing a great job keeping most pistes open, currently about 85%.

The off piste is still good with firm chalky snow and a mixture of all types of conditions thrown in together in all he places we skied today. A challenge at times but still fun. You do need to ski or board under control to avoid catching an edge as a long slide could be painful. I hope the fresh snow comes, but even without that there is still plenty to do if you take a guide and get off the beaten track.

Today was very quiet on and off piste, but perhaps that is just the calm before the storm as the school holidays across Europe begin this weekend. Have a good holiday.

If you want to see pics of where we have been skiing, visit my facebook group. Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134900026541300&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=134900026541300&v=photos

Allanm, you and your 'people in the know' make me laugh Laughing as for the snow that might be coming, we will all have to wait and see. Regarding the bikes, they have been stopping people taking them on the funi when it is to busy with other passangers, but I might even get my bike out again soon if the warm weather continues.
ski holidays
snowcrazy wrote:
Allanm, you and your 'people in the know' make me laugh Laughing

Yes, they say [same people] that the snow will be probably be extremely unstable next week if it arrives as forecast. Snowcrazy, you say ' we will all have to wait and see', doesn't inspire confidence... do you not agree that the possibility of new snow on top of faceted snow might be a 'little bit risky'? - so if you're out next week, it may be fair to say that off piste may be limited.
latest report
Another day of Blue sky and temperatures more like March comes to an end. The crowds have started to arrive, although not yet as bad as to come I fear. Very little queuing on any lifts today, even to get up the Aiguille Rouge which was a very pleasant surprise.

The piste conditions across Les Arcs have not changed much today. Still hard compacted snow in most areas which are well skied, but on higher pistes the snow was softer and good to carve your turns although it was really important to control your speed coming into lifts and at junctions with more people about. later in the afternoon some lower pistes were also better, but getting busy.

To get away from the busy pistes, the off piste where you can still find grippy chalky snow was the place to be. We spent most of the day in the National park. Some good runs and only a few people around. Very good fun, but you must take care not to loss your edge on the steeper areas or you will slide a long way. If you fancy trying any some of the off piste places you see in my pictures, take a guide whilst you are out on holiday or stop by George's Wine Bar after 5pm most days or at the Altiport from about 4.30pm for a chat.

After some nice routes today, it was time to head to the snowpark, the new skicross course and the waterslide all above Arc 1600 near the Altiport. The snowpark is fun, the air bag busy, the new skicross very easy and the waterslide is still the best free entertainment on the mountain. Check out the pictures in my facebook group which is now up-to-date.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134900026541300&v=photos

Have a good holiday!

Allanm like I said those of us out here will just have to wait and see. Does not look like a lot of snow is coming our way now, but we can all hope and think positive thoughts. As to how stable it will be, that will depend on many factors and better to wait until we see how much comes, if any, rather than speculate now. But I am sure no matter what comes my friends and I will find fun safe off piste to ride away from the crowds.
latest report
allanm wrote:

....looks like there's a bit of snow on the way [TFFT], is this going to stick to the existing 'base' or will it proclude off-piste for a while, especially if there is a significant amount?

Looks like the question was answered here yesterday.

snowcrazy wrote:

As to how stable it will be, that will depend on many factors...
Yes but isn't one of the major factors the existing snow, which hasn't changed for some time?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy