Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canazei

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oh dear, already I'm looking at next year and haven't finished this season's yet. Never been to Italy and Canazei quite grabbed my fancy. We like resorts that have quite extensive skiing to suit a range of intermediate/advanced skiing. Anyone been to Canzei or resorts around? Any opinions would be great Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to Campitello which is a village nearby. Canazei is near and better linked for the main areas, if you've a car and the super dolimitti pass you can probably ski the rest of your life without getting bored if the snow's good. Nice intermediate ski area, loads of runs. And anyone that doesn't have the scenery in the Dolomites in their top three (at least) in the world hasn't been. Slightly iffy snow record but someone was telling me it's been good this year.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This has been an extremely good year snowise here (compared to the past 5-10).
And if in Canazei, you don't need a car, just your skis.
You can ski valley to valley.
But then, if you find yourself kms away from "home" when the lifts close, then a plastic card to pay the taxi ride back is needed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that - sounds good Very Happy . We probably wouldn't hire a car so good to know it's not totally necessary. This may be one for 'the group' in which case we'd go in March, Jan would be just the two of us so I think I'll just pop to SCGB & see what the historic snow record is ...... snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in Corvara for a week at the end of last month and we had a great time. I've also stayed in Canazei in the past. If you are an intermediate skier you are in paradise! But - and there is one- I believe you need good snow and traditionally the Dolomites doesn't get it. But this year we had the best now ever and to ski the Sella Ronda in those conditions was just fantastic.
I think the best part of the area is being able to ski from village to village and to base yourself in Corvara is to be right in the middle of everything with some wonderful choices of places to go. But I don't think anyone but Inghams goes there in the package market so we always do our own thing. Not difficult - fly to Verona or Innsbruck and hire a car. About 3 hours from Verona on a good day (it took us 5 hours to get in but we had to use snow chains and it was snowing hard). Never tried from Innsbruck.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tessaventer, thanks for that, I guess we may have to take a chance & risk the snow unless we leave the booking until last minute - and even then the snow can change so quickly.... I had looked at Corvara but thought it was quite a bit more expensive. As you've stayed in both resorts, which do you prefer and why? Thanks (I'm off tomorrow for 2 weeks so may not be able to reply to any posts on this Very Happy )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I prefer Corvara for its convenient situation and choices of places to ski, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune - but it is probably more expensive than Canazei. We paid E80 a night each half board at the hotel Arlara, which is right on the piste, about £120 for the return flight and the car hire was approx £200 for the week (which included snow chains and a second driver).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tessaventer, that sounds good - will have to look into it more when we get back.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We have skied Coravara twice and much prefer its loaction to the other villages around the sella ronda. As with most italian resorts queues can be a problem in some areas, carefull planning is needed to avoid 30 minute lift queues. That apart its our favourite European resort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, if Corvara is too expensive, try Colfosco, the next village up the road to the Passo Gardena, that's where I usually stay.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I stayed in Canazei at the beginning of February this year and thought it was a great place. It was a very sunny week and the snow was amazing (I know it isn't often that good in the Dolomites) so the place was very busy, but there is so much skiing with the Dolimiti Superski pass right round the Sella Ronda, I loved it and so did all of group of 12. The only minus point was the Crytal chalet we stayed in - the place was OK but the staff were really not very good. If you want specific details PM me as I don't really want to get into a moan here when all you want to know about is Canazei, which we liked on the whole. The queues at the lift station were about a 30 minute wait if you got there much after 9am, so for the first time ever I was actually skiing at 8.30 in the morning!! If you like apres ski, the only place that really does it is the Rose Garten, close to the end of the run back to the village.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think we must have been really lucky as we very seldom had any queues at all! But it may have been due to the fact that we were already on the piste in our hotel with a chairlift (Arlara) just above us so didn't have to come down to the valley at all if going over to San Cassiano or La Villa, or if going over to Colfosco. The only queues I saw were mainly for the Ciamponoi gondola (ie Sella Ronda route).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy