Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheeky weekend before end of season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is it possible at this time of the year?

Flying from London with minimal transfer.

Any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i was about to say Zermatt, then read minimal transfer... i'd do Zermatt and deal with the transfer, at least there'll be some snow and nightlife..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lewis, how long is the transfer? Car neccessary?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fly to geneva, hire a car, plenty of resorts high and low within 90mins either in France or Switzerland. Snow seems to be reasonably good high up and more forecast for the weekend if the forecast is to be believed.

Check expedia.co.uk for flights and car hire booked together....we have done this before with excellent rates, e.g. sub £300 for a scheduled flight (BA) and a weeks medium sized car hire (Hertz) for 2 adults.

Enjoy...

David
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GO HIGH! VERY HIGH!

Tignes is open most of the year, and a 2.5 hour transfer from GVA or Lyons.

Avoriaz is open for another 2 weeks but I believe the runs are narrowing daily. I'll have a better idea tomorrow when I check out for myself (he he he).

I believe Lech, etc. had good snow this week but a bit trickier to get to...

Chamonix might be feasible and easy to get to.

Cervinia also open all year but (I believe) not very exciting skiing. Great scenery though...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 15-04-05 10:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David, I'm off to Verbier tonight, back Tuesday, was out there last weekend when 45cms fell and the same forecast for this weekend. Verbier got the best of the late January storms and my memories of skiing through waist deep powder in the trees in Vallon d'Arbi at the end of Feb differs from your opinion! wink

Definitely a top weekend choice and open until next sunday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, Avoriaz still good .... but you will be driving up and back ..Nyon etc. shut.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We're off to Val Thorens on Thursday 28th April for the May bank holiday. Coming back first flight on Tuesday 3rd. Four days on snow.

Fly to Geneva arrive evening
Drive to Albertville. Stay in Formula 1 hotel
Up at 6am
On the snow at VT for 9am
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday on the snow (count 'em!)
Monday night, drive back to Geneva and stay in the Formula 1 hotel behind the Novotel in Fereny Voltaire.
First flight back

We've down in about five times before. We've had cloud, scorching sun, even fresh powder.
The link to 3V isn't open but there is always good sport at the top of the Funitel, on Col, on Caron and over in the Orelle 4th valley

And VT is actually open til Saturday the 8th this year.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SussexSnow, were you there last year at the end of April? If so it was just before the main dump, early May. I was there May 6th and 7th, fantastic conditions (see album)...

http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/VTalbum.htm
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG, sadly wasn't there then. The May dump we got was around the turn of the century. 99 or 2000, 2001.
Cracking photos up on Col. The hut one is great and the HP one is very atmospheric. THe hut has that stupendous view but I guess you didn't see it

Here's hoping...

I'll be boarding, silver grey 'red' helmet with a scottish flag on the back, if anyone gets up to VT that weekend.

Cheers
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steve Sparks, always pleased to be corrected Embarassed I will admit I was only going on commentary from chums - rather than personal experience...

Newbie50, Ardent is the preferred access for us anyway, but thanks!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I returned from Chatel on Wednesday night and as David said runs are slowly closing around Avoriaz so be quick if you are thinking of portes de soleil. Pre la joux and Linga were still very skiable on Wednesday, had a wonderful couple of days around le fornet above avoiraz Monday and Tuesday following Saturdays dump - there was certainly enough for a long weekend, would have started getting bored if we had been there much longer!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy