Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whaddya Need , Watchya Getting

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Dont bother asking what they are as FlyingStantoni and I arent talking.

NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kit for 25e just isn't worth buying wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I predict that when we actually find out what it does someone knows where to get them for 5€. ;P
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went out to buy a copy of the Hobbit for Junior and came back with a skiing holiday to Sauze D'Oulx. Result snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just sold three pairs of skis so naturally need three new pairs to replace.... next years Head catalogue just arrived with so many goodies.... new design Titans tick, GS skis tick and maybe just maybe some Rev105's for the one day of deep snow I will get next season
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I did similar, so far I've two new ones in, three out and one pair still knocking round on ebay.

Nice big powder ones too, skimottaret.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stumbled across some very nice second hand GS skis complete with a girly pink Head strap, had to be bought...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, This summer is definately the time to stock up on old spec GS skis, either for Eurotest or Masters racing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yup got some from a racer in a Meribel, in very good nick for 120 Euro went for womens 25 rad 183 Heads
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ekosport at Frontenex,just outside Albertville had over 70% off Atomic GS skis. About 280€ including race bindings, but not FIS norm for next year, hence the great price
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Patch, Also ex rental skis from Ski Clinic, I got a pair of 183/27 Fischer GS from them in December and am tempted to get a second pair the same size. There are some new old spec skis at Ultrafun too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Patch, wow some good deals to be had there...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret, yes, but be quick, they close at the end of the week, until next season

They also have boots at half price e.g. Salomon Quest 12 down from 400€ to 200€

rjs was that from the Albertville Ski Clinic?

Shame I need FIS spec (with the U18 tolerances) for youngest next season ... used or discounted are going to be hard to find, so any tip-offs appreciated
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Patch, I picked the skis up from Albertville but had just emailed them to say what I was looking for and they emailed back when they had a pair ready. They were selling 190/35 GS skis this winter but I have no idea if there will be any ex-rental ones available. There is no age tolerance on GS skis, anyone can use 190s in lower level FIS races.

I'm not going to bother doing FIS GS next winter and as a coach I have not thought how I would change course sets.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So what's the magic gadget?
latest report
fatbob wrote:
So what's the magic gadget?

+ 1....
latest report
Just been thinking that this is the first year in yonks when I haven't Gotten any skis for the coming season... Sad Sad Give me some hope
on the plus side I did Need some new gloves which are looking sweet
ski holidays
@skimottaret, You do know there is a ski test at Hemel on October 10th? wink Toofy Grin
snow report
20 weeks out from my first holiday, must be time to buy skis. I think we need to move the ski test forward as i'm getting withdrawal symptoms, keep looking at bargains then thinking i should wait til the ski tests incase there is something I like better. Aaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhh ski buying! Bought a new jacket in the sales last week so I'm hoping that will tide me over for a while.
latest report
As with anything else, the correct number of pairs of skis is N+1, where N is the number you already have.
snow report
@Iski, hmmm may be at Hemel working that day.... Madeye-Smiley what time is it on for?

I did buy some skis in April but recon those are last years so don't count Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Needed a new pair of piste skis, didn't get on with my old ones at all last winter. Bought a pair of Fischer Progressor 900 PRs from Sport Conrad. I intend to give the fleche a few goes over the winter on them.

Also bought a touring setup from Yoda and a pair of Black Diamond Method Boots too. I intend to start off using this for fitness going up rather than down and see how this progresses over the winter. I'll be out the whole season so plenty of time to try new things Happy

After my mate cracked 3 vertebrae in his back last year I've bought a back protector Shocked

I've lost about 9 or 10 kilos since last winter so I'll have to assess the clothing situation before I head out. I think I'll still have enough decent stuff that isn't ridiculously big on me.

Oh and I've bought an apartment in L2A Happy
snow report
@Claude B, Excellent retail therapy! snowHead

@skimottaret, admin hasn't put the details/buttons up yet, but the one last October ran in the evening from 17:00 to 21:00.
ski holidays
Need:
- new boots (liners packed out, shells are ok but they are beginner boots and I need something more aggressive/stiffer)
- new socks (destroyed all my good ones by the end of last season!)
- new helmet
- Edit: and ski poles! Bent one last winter, couldn't bend it back, so chucked the pair at the end of the season (they were old and cheap, and I had limited luggage space). Want adjustable ones with removable baskets...

Want:
- a new pair of skis Smile I know which ones, but will still pop along to any local ski tests Wink
- new touring bindings and all skis quiverkilled
- skins, to be decided which (all?!) pairs of skis...

Getting:
All the needs, wants will depend how much time I can get off over the winter to use them!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 30-07-15 12:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@fixx, I am liking the looks of the new Salomon freeride boots wink
snow report
I 'needed' a set of WD R108 carbonlites. They look lovely sat next to the Preachers. I also 'needed' a new set of Head Titans as my others were a year old (sold the old ones for more than I bought the new ones, so it doesn't really count). So now I have an angry wife but a wardrobe containing the following:

R108 Carbons
Preachers
Head Titan
Rossi WC Radical
Head Isl
Salomon 3V

It gets me through the summer Happy

Now I just need to compile my wants list........ Happy

PS son is now 3 so starts his lessons this winter YAY Happy
latest report
@under a new name, ssssh, I’m trying not to look at actual boot models Smile

I’m back in the UK (for a bit…) and so it’ll be down to CEM what he thinks suits my feet. Will need to be touring compatible though (actually, my current boots are, but frame bindings only) – so I need to make my mind up soon about how much I’m willing to spend towards the wants, have a chat to spyderjon re. binding options, and then tell CEM.

It was so much easier in Geneva/Cham where the Sole boys could do the lot! But the guys here are just as good I’m sure Smile
ski holidays
Picked up a Dupraz D1 6'0 in the sales waiting for my Capita BSOD to arrive and that's me sorted for this season.
All I want now is Christmas to hurry up so I can use them and plentiful amounts of snow.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Currently offering prayers to the birthday fairy for some red Hestra Patrols. Got myself a new helmet in a fetching shade of lime green on deep discount from Ekosport. That ought to do for my first off-season!
snow report
Already bought post-season:
New snowboard - Jones MT 154
2 x pairs of falke snowboard socks

Need:
1x or 2x sets of thermals

Strongly desire:
New set of outerwear more suitable for back country and touring than my current heavy and not particularly waterproof (but lovely, oh so lovely) pants and trousers.
Down jacket to wear under said shell jacket.
snow conditions
Oh, forgot I also bought avi kit as well Happy

I've had a right spend up on snowboard kit since my last trip!
ski holidays
I'm seriously considering an indoor helmet for the UK, and some second hand piste type skis for the dome. I have longer distance plans of instructing part time indoors, having found I really enjoy coaching the little ones at hockey, so just need to get my skiing up to scratch. Either that or I relegate my K2 Superfree's to indoor and buy some shiny new ski's for Switzerland.

Got a bit of a wish list for the ski tests in search of the fabled one ski quiver.

@PaulC1984, your wardrobe sounds fantastic, I'd only be an angry wife if the other half had more pairs than me, that's how it works isn't it...
latest report
@fixx, I'm quite sure CEM is.

These just look great and I'm in the Salomon clog already (I believe it's generally the same as the race boot)... http://mtn.salomon.com/products/freeride/mtn-lab-boot.htm?intcmp=mainmea_sports_be_AS_MTNLAB_FW14
latest report
Oooh new toys!

As a result of previous ski tests, I have now acquired a pair of Atomic Storms for general on piste/off the sides kinda stuff, though the problem with buying skis in July is it's a long time till they'll get an outing. New boots and trousers were purchased last season, so I'm ok there.

Obviously, I need n+1 skis so I'm still looking to get hold of a pair of Whitedot Directors before my next trip (PSB? Maybe.)
I should probably get an avi kit too.
snow report
@under a new name, oooh now they are very nice, and the colours would match my jacket and pants very well Wink
latest report
@fixx, yes, I am big on the whole thing. Except that I was under the impression that they'd happily work with alpine bindings but according to a review read today apparently not. Hmmm. Don't understand why...
ski holidays
lampygirl wrote:
I'm seriously considering an indoor helmet for the UK, and some second hand piste type skis for the dome. I have longer distance plans of instructing part time indoors, having found I really enjoy coaching the little ones at hockey, so just need to get my skiing up to scratch. Either that or I relegate my K2 Superfree's to indoor and buy some shiny new ski's for Switzerland.

Got a bit of a wish list for the ski tests in search of the fabled one ski quiver.

@PaulC1984, your wardrobe sounds fantastic, I'd only be an angry wife if the other half had more pairs than me, that's how it works isn't it...

Wifey is onpy allowed 1 pair of skis. no room for mine in the wardrobe otherwise Happy
snow report
Well, I cracked the shells on my boots last season (apparently I'm just too rad rolling eyes Laughing ), so I need new boots.

My 5 year old Hestras have a little hole worn through the thumb; not sure if I'll duck tape it or buy new ones yet.

I ripped (like a 30 odd cm gash, non ductapeable, though they were still ok for the last month of the season) the crotch of my salopettes after repeating lying on the floor/standing up while heliskiing last season (I thought I could blame this on the size of my cock, but my gf just laughed in a rather condescending way so I probably won't get away with that one)

Kinda broke my old Marker Barons (which were getting seriously sloppy anyway) so I need new bindings - may just quiver killer some Beasts and be done with it.

Still not happy skiing anything other than pow on my old Dynafit TLT Speed Classics, see above.

All my skis (apart from the super fatties which I love and the touring skis which I hate) are old, battered, and have lost most of their flex and edge grip, so need replacing. Hoping I can work a deal out with someone for skis though...

So basically, it's gonna be a super Be Nice please! expensive start to the season. Oh joy Laughing
latest report
@clarky999, get your credit card out, go on you know it makes sense Toofy Grin

I did manage to get something vaguely ski related. Had an online credit for a shop in Canada and bought a pair of POC gloves for 18 dollars, definitely don't need em but couldn't say no.
snow report
clarky999 wrote:

I ripped (like a 30 odd cm gash, non ductapeable, though they were still ok for the last month of the season) the crotch of my salopettes after repeating lying on the floor/standing up while heliskiing last season (I thought I could blame this on the size of my cock, but my gf just laughed in a rather condescending way so I probably won't get away with that one)

Id keep them, wear them like a badge of honour and insert a few pair of socks... I mean, who's gonna know ;-P
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy