Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whaddya Need , Watchya Getting

Poster: A snowHead
sarah, just read this thread for the first time. FWIW I agree with skimottaret on the Leki poles, which I got cheap in a sale in Filarinskis. They are indeed a pain. I found it quite hard to click the things on and off and now one is pretty well completely stuck. My OH can get it out, with a lot of effort and bare hands. I have resorted to just holding my poles - I don't use the straps unless I'm doing something specific which means that I need to be able to put a heap of weight on them. I use walking poles all the time, and always with closely adjusted straps - so it's not just that I'm anti straps.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w, yes I am rethinking this! skimottaret was indeed correct as my son used his new Trigger poles for about three sessions indoors and they seemed fine, then last week he could not get the strap out at all, and he had help from a couple of the adults around. They had somehow frozen as when we came back inside after a few mins they freed up again. I don't know if he got snow in them or it was just the temperature, they seem to have had it quite a bit colder in the CFe recently. Whatever not a great design if it's going to get jammed in the cold. I don't know whether to keep them for holidays when you are not needing to detach them too often, but for indoors where they're on and off constantly then we are back to normal poles. Went into S&R to ask them about it, they acknowledged it as a known problem.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sarah, i did tell you. ... get scott race poles end of... wink the lekis are good in that the straps will come out if they get stuck in a rock or something without ripping your arm off (i did test this inadvertly once) but on balance are a pain

ooohhh and i forgot about avi transceiver testing on sat, must resist must resist.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, I still love the idea and even more when I found there are Leki gloves with the little hook on, still if they don't work they don't work Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarah, Lekis are a pain. Buy a pole with proper straps.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, I have perfectly good poles, I was seduced by the Leki idea Embarassed Just saved myself £70 or whatever they are!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
big week of internet shopping... Arcteryx uniforms, Inside Out Skiing Hoodies (which dont count as ski gear), skins, three piece touring poles, a box of teko socks and the most extravagant item a spare bca shovel and probe to leave in france as i cant be arsed to take it on planes anymore Toofy Grin

still waiting for stock of POC helmets to come in and will spank some cash on a new bone dome.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got meself a lovely Sweet helmet. The only problem is there's nothing wrong with my current goggles, so have no reasonable excuse to get the new Smith I/O...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dainese world cup racing gloves!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
does anyone know where I can get a pair of the leki 1 trigger straps ? I've had a look online but I'm not having much luck
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
c0Ka|Ne wrote:
Dainese world cup racing gloves!!

i might be able to help you there Little Angel

Which ones?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hoping he's the patient type, eh?

Today is apparently thread necromancy day! Skullie
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Serriadh, DOH!

Hadn't spotted that Embarassed

What's going on?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, bought a T shirt in Niseko today which I didnt need and now lusting after some fat ass skis Whitedot Preachers or Head Rev 105's top of the list. Dont need either as wont be back to Japan for some time but hey in the spirit of old threads and everything...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, good work.

If you come back empty handed, then let me know - I've some 122's that would suit you sir wink
latest report
Mosha Marc, thats tooooo fat even for me.... did get some Mountain Equipment Randonee gloves which I am totally loving
ski holidays
Just bought some new ski pants and gloves to make sure all my kit coordinates for the Birthday Bash Toofy Grin wink
snow conditions
gad wrote:
does anyone know where I can get a pair of the leki 1 trigger straps ? I've had a look online but I'm not having much luck

Found them Hopefully
http://www.lockwoods.com/skis-ski-equipment/ski-poles-spares-accessories/leki-trigger-1-spare-strap/prod_5354.html
snow report
Arcteryx Atom SV hoody and some Dynafit leashes.... just when you thought you couldnt buy anything else ski related Toofy Grin
snow conditions

My new two ski quiver arrived a couple of weeks ago. Gonna Quiver Killer them for the new Dyna Beast binding which will hopefully get here in time for Chile in August Toofy Grin
latest report
Ooooohhhhh niiiiiice
snow report
Deja Vu

snow report
Mosha Marc, Ah but mine are different to yours NehNeh
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
Arcteryx Atom SV hoody and some Dynafit leashes.... just when you thought you couldnt buy anything else ski related Toofy Grin

Did you spot a good deal on the Atom hoody?? Always fancied one but eye wateringly expensive for a hoody!

When is the test drive then Mark???
latest report
kitenski, already tried 'em out Cool

Had a sneaky few days in Verbier with my eldest; great snow, and I loved them after the day it took to get used to them. If I demo'd them first I might not have bought them; all my other skis have been traditional camber etc. and ski very differently. Suprisingly grippy on piste too.

spyderjon, are they 196??
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, I did warn you it would take a day or two to get used to them!! I felt like a complete beginner again on mine the first turns....
latest report
Mosha Marc, Nope, they're 191's as well but they're the 191 Llasa Fats which are same the ski but a few mm wider all round making them 118mm underfoot v 112mm on the regular Llasa's. With loads of customers now on the Llasa's a guy need an edge wink

The 179's are the regular cambered 99mm underfoot Bro model but in a special order 45/45 carbon lay-up & with 220mm rockered tip. Would be outa my price league but one of them has a bit too much resin under the clear top sheet making it a bit dimpled so I got them as a blem. Unfortunately my crappy pic doesn't do 'em justice as the carbon under the clear top sheet is the dog's dagglies.
ski holidays
spyderjon, you dealers get all the good stuff wink

kitenski, OK, I'll believe you next time now Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Couldn't resist any longer and plumped this week for NTN Freedom bindings (intended originally waiting until next season but reports were good enough to go now)

On the plus side the quiver is now truly complete - done, fin wink
snow conditions
barry, did you get the new NTN jig? If not I make you a Freedom template if you need it?
ski holidays
spyderjon, cheers mate I'm sorted, Rob at MS let me borrow his jig for an afternoon. Bish bash bosh (come to think of it I may not have enough QKs to cover the 3 pairs I prepped, will fire an order your way if I don't (11 holes per ski Shocked ))
snow conditions

11 holes per ski, that's nothing Toofy Grin
snow report
^ 2 of the 3 pairs have plenty of old holes too, one is now more QK than ski wink
latest report
I need to get up the hill more often.
I want to get up the hill more often.
ski holidays
pam w, sarah, I'm confused - I've used Leki trigger for years and never had an issue with them. If anything I'm getting slightly nervous becasue they seemed bit too easy to get in and out of, I thought that they might be wearing out but they still seem to be going strong. I switched back to some longer poles with straps last time out (off-piste) and was amazed at how annoyed I got at the straps. Back on the Leki's and I calmed down. Oncce I had an issue because some ice got wedged into the release mech after a spectacular crash but a swift bang on a local rock sorted it all out in about 10 seconds.
snow conditions
Skis with ninjas on them - 190s so should charge pretty hard, my 184 Mantras had a bit of a speed limit in the chop chop and pow Smile

latest report
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
pam w, sarah, I'm confused - I've used Leki trigger for years and never had an issue with them. If anything I'm getting slightly nervous becasue they seemed bit too easy to get in and out of, I thought that they might be wearing out but they still seem to be going strong. I switched back to some longer poles with straps last time out (off-piste) and was amazed at how annoyed I got at the straps. Back on the Leki's and I calmed down. Oncce I had an issue because some ice got wedged into the release mech after a spectacular crash but a swift bang on a local rock sorted it all out in about 10 seconds.

I had forgotten about this thread, it's three years old! Well my son seemed to get used to the Triggers in the end and we had no further issues until last week when they started jamming up again, but then he was skiing off piste in a lot of fresh stuff and probably getting snow in them and we had a couple of very cold days too. He got very fed up with them and I ended up buying him a set of normal poles. Like I said I had forgotten about this thread and after all that forgotten discussion I went out and bought some this season Laughing Embarassed Anyway, fortunately for me after one week they are fine. No jamming up and I really like them so far.
latest report
Quote:

He got very fed up with them and I ended up buying him a set of normal poles

I did tell yah... snowHead

Just back from a weekend skinning, cross country and bumping, naturally needed some new gear Toofy Grin Toofy Grin got an arcteryx beanie as I got a roasted head skinning without a cap on, a new Arcteryx Atom SV hoody in a colour I wanted (after a particularly fine lunch) and THE BEST SKIING GADGET I HAVE EVER SEEN....

Earlier in the day was planning on going off piste with a very good skier and he had this gadget in his sac that I assumed was a couple hundred Euro but no only €25, "you can only get them at Au vieux campeur in Sallanches" which perked my interest as they have the coolest selection of ski gadgets in the cosmos. We go there and none to be found in the shop, we ask for one and get sent to several different desks and finally find a guy who knows about these things, he checks us over, looks around to check if anyone is looking and then goes round back and gets out the last two they have been saving... Dont bother asking what they are as FlyingStantoni and I arent talking. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
skimottaret, you can't possible leave it like that!
latest report
skimottaret, Ya did indeed Laughing

Go on what was your bargain mystery purchase?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy