Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier Yesterday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back, left at 0600 yestreday. 45cms fresh in the village and skies clearing. Mont fort was shut Saturday, but should be open now. Promises stunning end of season conditions for anyone lucky enough to be there this week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Promises stunning end of season conditions for anyone lucky enough to be there this week.

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Over a foot of fresh snow! Which meant excellent powder skiing in the Vallon d'Arbi and deep powder through the trees down from Fontanay, though thin, or zero base meant the odd rock encounter. However, Gentiane and easily acessed slopes were getting tracked out quickly.

Warm weather at the beginning of the week wiped out a lot of snow and made off piste, including north facing slopes, heavy. The back of Mont Fort was a little bit icy and the heli-skiing from the Petit Combins was breakable crust all the way down, according to a group we met on the lift. (what a shame Toofy Grin )

The Stairway to Heaven run was pretty heavy and tracked out by midweek but still worth the 15 minute climb (10 if you didn't have spag bol for lunch Crying or Very sad ). The highlight of the holiday was the Catwalk run. Just the two of us and a couple of other skiers in touring gear who could be bothered with the 30 min climb. The reward was 700m vertical of pretty much untracked spring snow -steep enough in places where I was overtaken by my own slough- all the way down to Lac de Cleuson. We did try to shortcut the 30 min climb out and traverse, by crossing the frozen lake, but beat a hasty retreat when we got spooked in the middle-my boots were already fully unclipped in case I had to swim!

4 Valleys links were closed midweek due to lack of snow but it was just about skiable down to the resort level(not recommended if you have your own skis)

Apres ski:
Celebrity in town: Conrad Bartelski. Chatted with him at the base station but don’t know if he skied. I did see him again at The Farm: I would rate him as beginner/early intermediate on the dance floor.
Cheapest round: 8 Swiss francs at the Mont Fort Pub (happy hour, my round snowHead )
Most expensive round: 200 Swiss francs at The Farm (I’m not that stupid wink )

It was snowing heavily when I left last Saturday, so it's my turn to repeat:'promises to be stunning end of season conditions for anyone lucky enough to be there this week'
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I left (again) yesterday morning and it was pelting down again in the resort. Had a fantastic day on Monday, when the clouds cleared and we did an early col de creblet followed by an extreme left col des gentianes, no one on the slopes and over 40cms fresh. some of the best skiing I've had all season and a lovely winding down feel in the resort. This did mean that many lifts were closing (only 20% discount on pass- 60% of lifts closed!) and it was particularly frustrating that combe 1 shut on sunday night as if you want to ski below ruinettes you have to go all the way to the Medran.

But if anyone fancies "l'ultime session" this weekend you should be in for a treat.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve Sparks, lucky dog. Avoriaz last weekend was just too warm for the snow to be anything other than, err, interesting. Oh well, November's not thta far away.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy