Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boarding in early september

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,
am looking to organise a trip for four lads early september to a resort in europe. we are all beginners except one and so are looking for a moderately challenging resort. also a bit of night life would be ideal. any ideas for guranteed snow in early sept? seem to be coming up with les arcs and teen so far. would appreciate any first hand advice on places to go. thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SFayers, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Quote:

any ideas for guranteed snow in early sept?

The only place you'll get guarenteed snow in early september is on a glacier, and although not an expert activity it is a different kettle of fish from your normal week in a ski resort. European ski resorts generally start opening around beginning of December and in the past few years snow at that time has been a bit whimsical!

Did you really mean September?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
im afraid so!!! Sad so u think it would be a bit of a risk trying to find snow at this time of year?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sölden would be a good bet I guess, there's not going to be a huge amount of skiing anywhere but it will be guaranteed snow and some night life.

Les Arcs won't be open and I'm not sure when Tignes is open this summer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why not just wait and go in winter?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you really mean September then forget about Les Arcs. Tignes used to offer skiing 365 days per year and I've skied there in Summer, but recently they haven't had great conditions compared to the Austrian summer ski areas. I've also summer skied in Zermatt and Saas Fee and was in Hintertux in October where we had foul Scottish type weather but the snow was fine. I'd go to Kaprun or Hintertux.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SFayers, I asked the same question last year under the title "Summer Snow" or something like that. Why not do a search and find the thread.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah September's about the worst month - winter snows not yet arrived and the glaciers have had all summer to melt. If you do go nightlife is likely to be quiet as there won't be many other people about - hold on until winter if you can.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy