Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

coreshots and patches oh they make me laugh

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i recently did a bit of Jaws on my board and being in a rather remote part of the world did not have any patch ptex big enough to fix it. the wound is about 14" long, is core shot in two long strips at each end with a bit in the middle which is 'only slightly buggered up'.

could anyone help me with a couple of qu's i have:
is it possible to get patch material in the uk somewhere?
if i cannot find a patch long enough what do snowHead 's think of two patches in line bordering next to each other?

Anyone any idea of a rough cost if i decided to get it fixed in a shop? I was assuming over 70 quid?

cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would get this done by a good shop. Most home-done patch jobs just fall out, unfortunately.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i would like to get it done in a shop by someone with more experience, but at that price i'm prepared to try myself. If it comes out i will use another board and get it done properly. I've put a couple of patches in other boards and they are ok, not quite so big though. the guy who showed me how to do it said patches most don't last longer than 20 days riding, and i have only been riding backcountry for a while so they should last much longer.
is anyone from london able to send me in the right direction for some patch material?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy