Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to Andorra in 11 days :)

Poster: A snowHead
Booked a last minute cheapie deal in soldeu for the last week of march in the hotel soldeu. Really looking forward to this trip as i had so much fun in Cervinia last month and can't wait to get back in to it I've heard that Soldeu has an excellent ski school so i'll prrobably enrole as i could do with some expert advice to get rid of some of my bad habbits etc Anyone got any advice, suggestions or reviews regarding the resort or the hotel etc i'd love to hear it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't drink too much (re that other thread!)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mac Daddy, Soldeu ski school is very good, but make sure you get an English speaking tracher, most are Brits or from Down under, but have heard reports that they are now only recruiting Spanish speaking staff from this year.
Private lessions are good value if you can get 2-3 people per instructor.
Watch the tap water, our group were there last year, we all had major stomach problems, 3 out of 6 came back needing a course of medical treatment, alos watch out for the buffet food as it can carry the same bug.
Use bottled water for teeth cleaning also.
Food on the mountain is not great, its worth taking a packed lunch with you if you can be bothered.
After skiing try a brandy and hot chocolate, the Naudi does a mean on in particular.
Ski kit can be very good value if your loking to buy, clothing does not seem such good value though.
Have a good trip

Geoff Very Happy Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Geoff, I went to Andorra last year (Arinsal) and didn't have any problems. Maybe you were just unlucky and had a bad hotel? Where did you stay out of interest?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mac,was in El Tarter 4wks ago and it was bloody fantastic!!Spent a couple of days in Soldeu-just as good Blush Nice reds to right of Telecabina and good black directly under.Nice cruising blue back down to Tele entrance.Follow blue/green to right to cross to El Tar area.Take 6man chair(to your left)to "top of the world".You then have reds to your left-long blue to your right;all the way back to 6man chair again Smile If you go to right of restaurant to 4man & up-nice varied run,past Disney area(look for Mickys ears!!)and down back to 4man.The restaurant at El does lovely cafe au lait and the little snack bar does the best cheeseburgers I've ever tasted NehNeh All in all a brilliant place.The water,as you say,must have been bad luck Confused Our rep said he'd never heard of bad water in a mountain resort!!You will have a brilliant time-but you already know that Wink I'll be back next year Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mac
We were staying self catering in Pirineu its next to the telecabine. Friends of ours were in the Sport at the same time and were 2 of the affected. If you look at Ski Club of GB web site there are lots of other stories from the same period. We were in El Tartar the year before and the reps warned us not to drink the water, which is the main reason why we tried to avoid drinking it. FYI we ate in the Sport 2 times and fell ill the day after the 2nd time.
If you eat out Fat Alberts has excellent food and good prices, below the Pussycat is also very good but a bit more classy and expensive, the Italian in the Piolet used to be good but was dissapointing last year.
Anyhow I would avaoid the water and enjoy the skiing, we have been 4 times on the trot as it has been so good.
Not going this year due to lack of time, Mad but I am off this afternon the Flaine for 5 days Very Happy have doen it all indepenadantly so will be interesting to see how if fairs with a package Exclamation .
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info guys, it's appreciated. Have a good time in Flaine you lucky man.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interesting - I've never had any problems drinking the water, though I've only stayed in El Tarter, not Soldeu itself. There are still plenty of 1st language English speaking instuctors around and the Ski School has good reputation - I also heard the rumour re Spanish speakers, but it hasn't seemed to have occured.

Make sure you get the full linked ski pass (now covers Pas de la Casa).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just back from Soldeu - best holiday ever. Stayed in Sport Village absolutely 5* for location comfort and food. All did ski school - absolutely first class instructors - Bethol was the best ! We all had English instructors - 80 english in total. If you're booking through your tour rep you'll have no problems getting English instructr. My sister has been put forward for her ski instructor training so she's back in two weeks lucky girl! Iceberg is the best place for apres 2for1 and if you get the table at the back with the comfy chairs you watch everyone attempting the black run down to the gondola at the end of the day. Some superb crashes as well ! Great entertainment - get to watch all the bloodwagons coming down too ! 18 euro for a total of 8 drinks. Don't forget your Rennie's if you like your spirits - the vodkas are a bit on the strong side! Can't wait to go back and it will definitely be next year. First resort I've ever said that about. The people are so nice and you see a familiar face whever you go in Soldeu. Find the pizza bar for lunch at the top of the gondola turn right and ski down past the espiolets restaurant and down the green. You will have a fab time.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Geoff,
I know a group went there last year 16 of them and they were all ill, and all the hotel.

Mac - Theyve been there the last 6 years so it must be good, stayed in different hotels everytime though so cant be any help there
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd agree about the water. Don't even brush your teeth in it. That said, everything else is top banana!! My 4th time back despite bad belly on visit 2.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm not too worried about the tap water, i'll just get bottled water for the lass and i'll wash my teeth with beer like i do at home Wink only 7 days to go now, can't wait Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just back from Pas de la Casa- didnt sleep for a week and my blood stream is 99% malibu!! Just had a huge load of snow- great conditions- make sure you get the Grandvalira pass upgrade- Canillo, El Tarter, Soldeu, Grau Roig and Pas aswell- well worth it!

brushed my teeth in the water and i drank it- its high in mineral content thats what makes you ill- ( no way was it constant booze, mcdonalds and snow frolicking)

Go- have fun- make sure you go to Caldea! its a spa to die for and well worth it!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Just had a huge load of snow- great conditions

when? Ski Club snow report says last snow was on the 6th March. I'm getting a bit worried as the runs are starting to get slushy and there's no snow forecast Sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nooooo - I'm much happier believing Nadenoodlee, The_Mac_Daddy!!! PMA says that there will be a hugh dump on Saturday for us!!!!
snow conditions
Metcheck.com said there was snow over the weekend. I've now invested five english pounds in sms forecast for the week so they'd better be right!! Wheeeeey, 6 days to go!!!!
snow report
There was loads and loads!! it snowed all day saturday and was still snowing when we left on Sunday! You'll have a great week- its bloomin gorgeous out there at the moment! Im sooooo jealous
latest report
Got back last week. Four members of our party came downs with the runs. We were told by the hotel personal that it was the minerals in the water. Crying or Very sad Think they were full of it. Bottled water is cheap insurance, or better drink beer or the cheap wine. Was able to get six different wines for 10 euros. The best was .78 Euros. Watch the lift passes. Get into a lift line not on the area map and they demand another lift pass. Crying or Very sad
snow report
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait... Oops, think I've just wet myself Embarassed
snow report
Ahhh the lift que guys are fine if your a girl- first day I went to soldeu on a the pas/grau pass and just flirted my way back- always flirt- you'll never que again!
snow report
That's wonderful news nad. I'll still enjoy myself even if the snow isn't perfect. Going to be a great week. Only 4 working days, 1 packing day then i'm off. Starting to get excited now Very Happy
ski holidays
so jealous!! go on take me with you- i'll hide in a ski bag!
snow report
Ha ha, you wish Wink Have you not booked a last minute deal yet? There's a couple of cheapies on fasttrackski.co.uk go on, you know it makes sense Very Happy
snow conditions
dont take half board in the naudi. buffet ok, but main course dire. hotel ok otherwise. short walk to lift.great nite life in resort. its been 5 yrs since i was there!
ski holidays
I almost went for the Naudi but was put off by the comment in the brochure about the size of the hotel and went for hotel soldeu instead, half board, so i'm hoping their food is better Smile
snow report
I first learnt in Soldeu on a SCGB holiday in 2000. We had excellent British instructors. One I think was called Stuart (not sure) very tall guy probably in his late forties? Anyway, very good. You'll have fun. I think Soldeu is the more refined, behaved, less pissed resort in Andorra.

I do remember a rather seedy button lift operator on the nursery slope (the one on the left down to pizza hut?). Anyway he insisted on slowly placing the button between your legs for you, whilst giving you a leer with his fag hanging out of his mouth. Eeuugghh rolling eyes
latest report
Being a guy, i don't have to worry about that kind of thing, i'm lucky if they even pass me the button half the time Very Happy

Anyways, i'm going to have a blast in Soldeu, i got my confidence up after getting a weeks practice in at Cervinia last month (excellent skiing for learners) and i'm going to do the ski scholl thing in Soldeu and iron out some of my bad habbits Wink

Nearly there now Very Happy
ski holidays
Me too!! Mac Daddy, if you & your lot want to meet up we're going to be in the Avalanche bar from about 9ish. We'll all be wearing black t-shirts with 'Ski bunnies tour' on the back. Where are you flying from? We're heading out from Bristol. Last one to the Gondola on Monday morning buys the first happy hour round!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK, if you haven't guessed, I'm a little bit excited too... Laughing
snow report
Getting close now, and they've forecast snow for the weekend (fingers crossed). My lot consists of me and the mrs Laughing we're coming from Gatwick, and can be recognised by being the pissed couple quietly sitting in the corner Very Happy

So you rate this Avalanche bar then, are the beers cheap in there then? I will have to investigate Wink
snow report
Soldeu's own site http://www.soldeu.ad/english/esn_previsions.asp?menu=EstatNeu predicts snow for Friday, Saturday and Monday, too snowHead

What Gatwick flight are you on The_Mac_Daddy? Mr B & I are on the 11:25 into Barcelona.

Only 3 days left snowHead snowHead
latest report
Our flight leaves Gatwick 7:00 am i think, early start for me Sad but at least i'll be there nice an early Smile so i can sort everything out, unpack and get a good spot in the bar Very Happy
snow report
Avalanche was where we spent a fair amount of time last year & it's now directly below our hotel so laziness now factored in. 2-1 happy hour extends to v. large vodka & tonics which is always a nice place to end up after a hard day's falling on your backside!!
snow report
Avalanche was where we spent a fair amount of time last year & it's now directly below our hotel so laziness now factored in. 2-1 happy hour extends to v. large vodka & tonics which is always a nice place to end up after a hard day's falling on your backside!!
snow conditions
RIght you lot shhhhh!! or I will have to come and sabotage your ski's! Im sooo very jealous, think I might just go out there for the hell of it, stay in Pas a few nights then on to Soldeu- my source in resort tells me "its bloomin good-even with a hangover" You'll recognise me by my intravenous malibu drip and my urge to dance on bars

Yes I am Beyonce!
Yes I can Dance!
Yes I am sexy!!

( if the above happens please please either- join me or drag me away- ive had enough!!)
snow conditions
sorry to hear you're so jealsous Nadenoodlee, maybe you'll feel better next week as i won't be posting on this site for 7 days due to beeing in Sunny Soldue having the time of my life Very Happy while you're stuck at home and work feeling all depressed Laughing Unlucky snowHead
snow report
Well im praying for RAIN to wash way your snow!

Make sure you go on the trip to the Caldea Spa- just do it- bloomin brilliant- lots of smug couples perving over each other aswell so you and the mrs would be ok!

Im chilled now cos ive persuaded my friend we need to go to VAl T in april!!
latest report
Well, MacDaddy, I think we have a Snowheads duty to post snow reports & I just so happen to know of an appropriate cybercafe...

Having been intensely jealous for the last 3 mths I'm making the most of my turn!!
ski holidays
As you say, you have a duty!

Oh my god, how did you manage 3 months without?

......Only 3 and a bit days to go now snowHead
ski holidays
Squeallll!!!!!! snowHead too
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy