Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whatever happend to the Ski for free thread

Poster: A snowHead
It's funny because it's true.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BobinCH wrote:

The only ones to profit so far are a group of Snowheads who got a free holiday there during Easter week last season (due to late cancellation) when we had the best conditions of the season snowHead snowHead snowHead

And very nice it was, too! Thanks again!

All this is funny. I'm not interested in the offer and feel that nixmap has this slightly patronising tone (although he's a good sport for taking abuse quite well, even on TGR). But taking off a thread which clearly provides snowheads entertainment far more than being a business transaction means focusing on the letter rather than the spirit of the rules. Mutatis mutandis, it reminds me of those two policewomen who were told to stop looking after each other's kids as they had no licence.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops wrote:
achilles, just because you were pimping something cr@p that others may not have wanted does not make it different to some one pimping a chalet that others may want

Big difference (though I don't what makes you say it was crap - seems gratuitously offensive about a place which I doubt you have visited). The very fact that obviously no one would be interested in joining was a bit of the fun - and since it could give neither me nor the club any benefit it was not pimping. You, on the other hand, hope to make money personally from you signature. No? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh dear.

Looking on the bright side, I've never heard the word 'bellend' before. Very nice. Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
nixmap, Instead of trying to get the topic put back on Snowheads, maybe if you replied to cetain people who have sent you a private message then they would have some more info on the matter? Just a thought? rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Sorry, I didnt mean to leave you out, You replied on the day the thread got removed, which proved to be a distraction.

Ill get to it today

Thanks for the reminder.

Nick.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, well you implied it was crap by saying no one would want to join it, but your club is not free so there is an element of commerciality to it so pots/kettles/black comes to mind. And no, my sig relates to my blog and is primarily a blog about my hobby and a bit of fun in letting people know what I am doing, I do flog some stuff elsewhere as part of my hobby but my blog has nothing for sale on it but you can follow some links if you want wink . I took the sig down yesterday because of snipes and comments from the likes of you, but as recently clarified such sigs are allowed so I put it back Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paulio, a bit different actually. As NBT makes clear.

But the important thing here is that for all the whining about this thread being put on hold which has gone on in multiple threads, it really isn't any of our decisions - it's Admin's. So - even though there is nothing else to talk about at the moment it seems a bit of a pointless cluster-whinge to go on about this.

nbt, keep up the good work.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, I thought no one would want to join the club because at the time I had the signature there were no other snowheads in Lincoln, as far as I knew. rolling eyes However, that signature has long since gone. I look forward to you following my example. Little Angel NehNeh
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
duplicate post.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 24-06-10 10:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt wrote:
Oh, and by the way - you know very well what happened to the thread, as you were told in no uncertain terms. Nice use of thread titling to imply you're the innocent party rolling eyes

Honestly I thought you meant youd moved it to another forum and I was just to dumb to find it.
I guess if youd said removed then I would not have made a mistake.

Sorry.

By the way, my chalet needs some new curtains (seriously).

Can we do an exchange or is thats strictly commercial? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles, done, just for you I have deleted it, hope you are happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nixmap, it is in another forum, the one for holding threads out of sight. Curtain wise - yes, big style Smile Some of Mrs NBT's curtains currently grace a chalet (note chalet not apartment!) in Verbier, sadly we didn't get to go out there to measure, the measurements were provided Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We really don't want to know about your wife's "curtains", man.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nbt wrote:
nixmap, it is in another forum, the one for holding threads out of sight. Curtain wise - yes, big style Smile Some of Mrs NBT's curtains currently grace a chalet (note chalet not apartment!) in Verbier, sadly we didn't get to go out there to measure, the measurements were provided Sad

So yes means, yes you are open to exchange for some chalet time, or yes its strictly commercial?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't have any strong views about whether or not the thread should be allowed - it's marginal and there are arguments either way. But just to say that "both sides benefit" is nonsensical. If I buy some good quality insurance from Dogtag (as I might have done had they ever given me a half intelligible reply to my queries about off piste cover) then both sides would benefit. But it's still an advert.

There would be a much stronger argument for allowing this continuing saga if there had been some feedback on how it went - then there would have been a bit of two-way traffic and it would have been genuinely interesting to hear about. As it stands, it was genuinely entertaining the first time and just mildly worth bothering about on a really slack night the next time.

I don't see that we gain much third time round and anyone who wants a season job would be better off looking at other fora anyway.

the "ski for free" bit really gets on my tits though. It's not free, you gormless bellend. It's a part time job for which you get "paid" with accommodation. All the rest - travel, lift pass, food, drink, equipment etc etc etc you get to pay for.
latest report
pam w,
Quote:

the "ski for free" bit really gets on my tits though. It's not free, you gormless bellend

Pam Shocked

Quote:

It's a part time job for which you get "paid" with accommodation. All the rest - travel, lift pass, food, drink, equipment etc etc etc you get to pay for.

Good point well made!
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
It's a part time job for which you get "paid" with accommodation.
maybe, but in this case does the value of the acommodation exceed the value of the work ?
snow conditions
pam w, spot on! Laughing Laughing
snow report
Quote:

but in this case does the value of the acommodation exceed the value of the work ?

impossible to say on the evidence we have, as nixmap has consistently refused to define what the work is and we don't know where the accommodation is, either (except that the immediately local skiing is very limited).

It also depends crucially on the opportunity cost people put on their time.

the fact that we have no idea of the answers to these questions after so many pages and years is indicative of the whole problem.
snow report
pam w, Smile
ski holidays
Don't feed the troll? He's got his job done for another year due to the sheer amount of general summer madness that threadquarantinegate has generated. nixmap my congratulations on another masterful display of publicity without effort. I doubt we'll ever publicly get full disclosure of any particulars/ complete legal analysis/ reviews from satisfied former "lackies" so its all a bit boring in the cheap seats now.
snow report
pam w, try offering Dogtag a few hours cleaning of their office and knock up a quick meal for the MD and see if they will give you insurance in lieu wink I do not think that was a good comparison btw Little Angel
snow conditions
There is little more on Nix thread on the TGR forum
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194938

rayscoops, The link in your sig is not to Achilles club iirc Laughing
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, no I did not think so, but it was the best I could find and made me chuckle to put a rival up - I will be googling it though
ski holidays
the fact that money doesn't change hands doesn't necessarily mean that a transaction is not commercial in the broader sense. It's "barter" - and I believe that barter transactions are taxable in many situations these days. Maybe not in Switzerland, though.
snow report
I have seen the thread run for 3 years and personally can't see the harm in it. I may have missed the point in all the angst, but at the moment I would vote for its re-instatement - its no worse than advertising for someone to get a free trip to the alps in return for doing some of the driving which is often what I would have thought I would need to post.
snow report
agree with Megamum, It would seem a lot of the angst is to do with nixmap's style of posting. If he'd simply said "wanted, au-pair for the season, own accomodation and average of 4d off per week, apply for details" would we all be so excercised?

stick it back up and if everyone stops prodding it, it will sink away into obscurity
ski holidays
nixmap's style of posting the what now? He posts plainly, in a perfectly friendly manner. When people start slinging abuse, he contends very well with it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is no need to put iyt back here, simply re direct anyone to
snow report
paulio wrote:

You bunch of gormless bellends.

Post comment of the year, so far Madeye-Smiley
snow report
snowbunny, You may know the answer to this question posed to Nixmat on TGR
Quote:

what i don't get is why Nix keeps playing so coy with the location.
is Meiringen really that shitty?
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2900717&postcount=35

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 24-06-10 17:59; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
we don't know where the accommodation is, either (except that the immediately local skiing is very limited).

You have not been paying attention Wink
latest report
arv, Laughing
latest report
nbt,
it cost more than "a few quid" o advertise on SH's. I know I've done it. But it does bring in bookings so its worth.
We advertise for staff on natives btw as we cant afford the gaffer tape the average SH needs Blush
snow conditions
just when i was settling in with my popcorn on the other thread, this one pops up...i spilled some popcorn on the way over if anyone is desperate Toofy Grin
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
snowbunny, You may know the answer to this question posed to Nixmat on TGR
Quote:

what i don't get is why Nix keeps playing so coy with the location.
is Meiringen really that shitty?
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2900717&postcount=35

If it is Meiringen, then I think it looks a pretty good hill, with a good choice of terrain. Still, I don't know for certain that it is, I've never been there, and I what I think is good, probably won't suit anyone else Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 brian
brian
Don't know why he's so coy about it but I'm sure that he has let slip before that it's Meiringen/Hasliberg.

Piste map is here: http://haslital.ch/files/?id=21927

Never been personally, it's a smallish area but might be interesting nonetheless. Plenty of places within striking distance for day trips. Even the famous Moerlialp (X marks the spot).
snow report
nixmap, there's also a thread in the Apres Zone about this - started by ricklovesthepowder - something about new thread...go look
snow report
Quote:

there's also a thread in the Apres Zone about this

I think there are two.
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

there's also a thread in the Apres Zone about this

I think there are two.

Maybe but this thread is more enlightning Toofy Grin