Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adidas goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After having decided to smear ice crystals all round my goggles lens last hols I think it might be time to buy a new pair. Seeing the pistes through bleary scratches was not quite the same wink

I was busy trying on goggles at the weekend and liked the Adidas Yodai model - fitted my face well and quite a nice simple design http://www.snowandrock.com/shop/products/CAAAT.htm M Coins assures me they are good but I'm a bit dubious about buying goggles made by Adidas - they're not exactly well-known for skiing gear after all.

Does anyone know anything about them or have a pair themselves?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think Adidas own Salomon??

If they fit fine and are comfortable I've seen a few thread on here singing the praises of Adidas goggles.....

cheers,

Greg

PS do you get free white socks or a shell suit Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

PS do you get free white socks or a shell suit

At £90 I'd expect a free footballer Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've heard nothing but great things about Adidas goggles. Some people actually prefer them to Oakleys. They have the changeable lenses, which is a great idea.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The quality of the lens is superb and very cutting edge (it curves both ways). I tried a pair last season. very comfy but I found them a bit draughty even though they fitted my face well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a pair of Robins and a pair of Yodais (the Robins pre-date my helmet and I then got the Yodais as they fit better with the helmet). Both are superbly comfy, never fog and the lenses are amazing - better than my old basic Oakleys, but probably much the same as one of the pairs of Oakleys with their top lenses.

My goggles came with the orange mirror lens which is great for general conditions, white-out etc. This year one of my trips was during the hot and sunny spell and so I picked up the LST silver lens as well - a bit darker and so better suited for unbroken sunshine all day long.

I bought mine with confidence because I have used Adidas sunglasses for mountainbiking for some time and I knew how good those lenses were. I reckon that they make some of the best sports shades around (most Oakley sports shades are really fashion items rather than being designed with function being paramount IMO).

At the end of the day, the label is a marketing thing. The people that actually make the shades are not the same people that make the street trainers - and Adidas is one of those companies that seems to make sure that it does everything properly.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A friend has a pair of them, his experience was the lenses scratched easily and they're weren't particulary useful.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was given an old pair of Adidas goggles by a mate when out in Les Arcs recently (he was going home halfway through the holiday). They are, I think, the first pair they brought out. They were excellent and we nick named them the "magic goggles" as they were often better than no goggles (the first time I've known that - ignoring the snow in the eyes effect), even in the bar. We couldn't find a pair of goggles that matched them for under £100 (no one was prepared to pay more than that for a pair so we didn't go any higher than that) in two different shops in Arc 1600. What the newer models are like I've no idea (my pair don't have interchangeable lenses). He bought them because they were recommended by a boarding magazine.

There probably is better out there - I just haven't found them, though I haven't looked too hard.

Yes, Adidas do now own Salomon.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you everyone, I think that's made my mind up! I now have to put up with M Coins saying 'I told you so' Very Happy Have to start saving hard now - and I couldn't see any shellsuits near the display so hopefully I'll be alright on that one.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought a pair of Adidas Yodai earlier in the season and I must say that I was pretty impressed with them. they never once steamed up and the clarity was excellent...the only problem I found was, as someone mentioned earlier, that they were slightly draughty...after 3 weeks snowboarding i only have one small scratch in the lens....and that was from when I dropped them in the pub !...oh yeah...they look cool as well Cool

I bought mine from a US website and got them for around £55-60 including P&P (but not including import duty..I was never charged for that neither was a friend of mine...don't know why??)...they took around a week to arrive but it was worth the wait.

here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.ej-sunglasses.com/adidas/INV/yodai.html
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a pair I bought from boardshop.co.uk earlier this season..... I thought most goggles were a bit on the big side but the yodai was spot on and once I had them on, i pretty much forgot them..... having limited experience of goggles, i think that is the best praise they could be given though....

ad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
buns, that was what I thought when I tried them on - they fitted really comfortably & snug. Thanks for the link joydivision, seeing as I've got until next season to use them I reckon I can wait a week for them to be delivered. £55 definitely better than £90!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cathy Coins,

That model is up there with the best around IMO
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just to say, thanks to joydivision, I followed your advice and ordered from EJ. Must have taken about a week to be delivered, came today, and cost £53 all in. Excellent! snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT,
I can't agree more - I used Yodais for the first time this season and they are excellent. As per various comments above, they fit well (especially with a helmet), they give great visibility with excellent peripheral vision and they don't fog. I can't say that I have had any problems with scratching either (the goggles, not me!). Oh yeah - they look good too Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy