Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Remember Spalding Squadra Course Skis...?

Poster: A snowHead
Many years ago if one looked at pictures of most National ski teams it would be Rossi, Spalding, Spalding, Rossi, Roissi. Spalding Atomic, Spalding Etc...Etc....

I loved their Squadra Course skis way back and like most folk was really sadened when Caber the parent company sold them with their boot making plant to a company who wanted the boot making facility, but had no use for a ski company.. End of Spalding. Crying or Very sad

Over the last few weeks I have been working with some Italians and while chatting about skis asked if any had skied on or remembered Spaldings. To my amazement they not only remembered them, but said that some of the factory folk were still hand making skis in Italy, under the trade name Blossom! Puzzled

Sure enough, they are hand made in Chiavenna (Sondrio), their web site is here

Has anyone in snowhead land tried any of their skis and if so how did you like them? I'm going to try through my Italian customers to get some samples out here in Whistler for next winter, so look for some posts then.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How cool! never heard this before and never skied on, but i'm fascinated.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I remember the Squadra Course, but didn't know that those guys were still making skis!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Colin

So you are as old as me Very Happy I didn't know about the Caber connection though, an old girl friend had a pair and swore by them (i've been married 27years). Spalding also made Tennis rackets, perhaps they might consider applying their skill to snow shoes wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, Dypcdiver,

Heading to Italy next week, for some ski touring in the Ortles Mtns, might even be enough snow to test some pairs.. I'm not sure about the name though. Madeye-Smiley

Remember the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks, and his buddy Spalding the football? All these items had the same logo for Spalding, with a big S and G so must have been somehow related. Anyone know who owns the brand and logo now & doesn't it have any value?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This takes me back, I had a pair of Squadra Courses way back at the beginning of the 80's. wink I worked for the UK distributor then, although Caber closed soon afterwards (not my fault). Caber and (remember this) Trappeur were snapped up by Rossi and became, in part the basis of Rossignol boots. In fact there was the old ski trade joke : 'what do you get if cross Caber with Trappeur - Crapper'. As told by non-Rossignol employees. wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eisbar, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead and thanks for a jolly 1st post. wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm still very much invovled in the snowsports industry, in fact I'm the now new UK distributor for Elan amongst other things. If you are trying to locate a product or a brand and I can help, just let me know. I've got lots of contacts around the industry as a whole and come across many weird and wonderful things in my travels. Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eisbar, do you also distribute Dolomite boots? There are a few fans of Metrons and Volkl 6*s on this board; will you have the Magfires and Ripstik?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
eisbar, some might say this forum was pretty weird and wonderful. Stick around and thanks for the offers.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.skiblossom.com/catalogo.html

if anyone wants a look at them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have some brand new Spalding G70's Squadra Corse 190cm for sale, are you interested?? Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dmitry_g31, welcome to snowheads....er this thread is 5 1/2 years old.........
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am still skiing my 195cm Spalding Squadra Corse Demo 450's as my primary ski. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Colin,

If you are still interested in Blossom skis, there's a shop in Montreal with them. Contact me if you would like more info.

Regards,
ski holidays
A couple of the female instructors in Soldeu (Andorra) bought Blossom skis towards the end of this season. They are very impressed.
latest report
now that explains a lot, there was a girl racing on a ski at the british no one recognised it and it had blossom on the top... all becomes clearer
ski holidays
I remember skiing Squads years and years ago...the pair I got a ride on were stiff, stiff, stiff...unforgiving ice-tracking machines, but very cool. At the time, I had no idea about their Italian heritage, nor the connection to the predecessors of Blossom...
ski holidays
Blossom have their own shop/show room at their factory. You can buy them direct. They make some of the best piste skis available.
latest report
I don't know how old this post is, but YES i DO remember them.....AND.......I still have mine - complete with the Marker M40R Bindings...(The Sarajevo Winter Olympics model!!!). Couple those with my Lange XLR boots....and its a party baby. I was last on them about 3 years ago....still the best ride ever.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy