Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

l'Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We were in l'Alpe d'Huez today. There is still some skiing to be had despite the lack of snow this winter and some more snow is expected tonight. The resort hopes to go on to the 30th of April. Slopes down to Oz quite good although largely artifical. Above the 1st Tronçon of the DMC the pistes are okay. I didn't got to Auris but the slopes looked a bit brown from l'Alpe d'Huez. The Signal didn't look too bad either. Off piste looked, erm, rocky.

We were visiting our friends who run the Chalet du Lac Besson. This is me parking the Chennilette - what passes for a family saloon in these parts. This is one place to eat at (but phone to reserve your table). It is on the cross country trails from the 1st DMC station and is rated by ski writer Chris Gill as one of the 8th best chalet-restaurants in the Alps.

http://media.snowheads.com/data/500/lac-besson-1.jpg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were there that week and the weather was fantastic, we even got a bit of fresh snow (thursday I think). Saw the restaurant from the DMC but wasn't quite sure how to get to it or if it was open. The signal was okay for skiing as was the runs down from the second station of the DMC, but the best by far was the reds and blues off the top of Marmottes, they kept changing there minds about wether the blacks down from the top of the DMC were okay or not though ( one of the instructors said that the Tunnel was very icy even for him).
Excellant week though, would like to say thanks to Ollie from Masterclass for teaching me and my 9 yr old daughter to ride the poma and link our turns on a snowboard in 2 hours, a really good lesson and money well spent.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a rumour that the summer skiing on the Sarenne will not open this summer due to the poor conditions at altitude - a pity as they've invested a lot in the high altitude area but somewhat inevitable if current trends continue. If it doesn't make it this year the Sarenne may never reopen for the summer although there are talks of snow canons!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy