Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
nozawaonsen, not quite sure what you mean? Definitely didn't walk back through the lift station.. This pic will prob give you a better idea of how I got there:

So.. you go down the ski route but try to keep as high up to the netting on the right as possible... and then its a 5m hike up and you're back at the lift station - by going around it -only thing was I then had to cross the entry path.. which I guess is what angered him? I mean.. they get skied all the time...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Few slides around there that I noticed today aswell. Pistes were nice, as said not getting too mogully as there's not that many people around but slushy lower down, especially later on in the day.
Kitenski, will give you an update on the White Ring (or at least part of it) on either Fri or Sat as that's when I'll be doing it. Only bit I can see suffering so far is the itinerary from Zurs to Zug, quite a few of the itineraries are shut around here due to lack of snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmaah, with you now. They do get skied all the time, but they may just be more anxious than usual given the amount of slides over the last few days. At the weekend they had the helicopter up and were repeatedly bombing the slopes with charges to try to get them to avalanche.

White Ring was fine this time last week including down to Zug, though obviously it has been pretty warm since then.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nozawaonsen, ya I know.. I was out that day when they were doing it. I get why they get annoyed and wasn't pissed at him or anything! I know that mistakes of skiers can put their lives in jeopardy, just wasn't expecting an angry liftie!

Either way.. think I'm going to try and finally do the Stuben - St. Christoph run tomorrow, go as early as possible...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Stuben - St. Christoph run

Did that this time of year three years ago, though it was deep powder then, have fun!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rapid rise in avalanche danger, peril of natural wet snow avalanches

Avalanche Danger

Due to the predominantly cloudy night, there are generally unfavourable conditions below about 2500 m this morning, with considerable avalanche danger. The melt freeze crust which formed will swiftly soften up, the snowpack lose its firmness, and in corresponding measure, the danger of naturally triggered wet snow avalanches will escalate. This is particularly the case for west to north to east facing slopes below about 2500 m, where isolated slab avalanches will also be triggered. Above 2500 m, the danger level this morning is moderate. On shady, steep, high alpine slopes near ridge lines, caution is urged towards relatively small snowdrift masses which can often be released by minimum additional loading. This afternoon, the danger will increase to considerable also above 2500 m. Particularly on sunny, extremely steep slopes, naturally triggered wet snow avalanches are likely. Below 1600 m, the danger level is low, due to highly reduced snow depths.

Snow Layering

The snowpack could not adequately consolidate last night; up to high altitudes, at most a brittle melt freeze crust was able to form. Below this crust, the snowpack up to about 2200 m in all expositions is either moist or wet. On sunny, steep slopes, this is the case up to about 3000 m. Due to today’s warmth and solar radiation, the snowpack will rapidly lose much of its firmness. A potential bed surface for slab avalanches is evident between about 2400 and 2700 m on west to north to east facing slopes in the form of a layer of moist depth hoar; in high alpine regions on shady slopes directly adjacent to ridge lines is a layer of surface hoar which formed last week through the so-called Nigg effect.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nozawaonsen, doesn't look like it's going to freeze overnight anytime soon does it Sad

The wigglies are giving me a little hope for the middle of next week......I think if I go off piste it will be on the gentler slopes....

Anyone else out there next week?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just checking the live lift and run status and it's saying the red S3 Seelehang is closed back to Stuben?? I *think* there is another red next to it, which I assume is open, otherwise there wouldn't be a way down from the Albonobahn II lift.

I am correct or going mad Shocked

And it looks like many of the ski routes are shut, I assume that is down to lack of snow/high avi risk???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, I noticed yesteday that the same thing appeared to be happening over the tops in Ischgl. The website was boasting that 95% of its kilometerage was open but many ski routes & 'minor' runs were showing as closed. The truth will out for both of us in a few short days time. Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So.... off piste conditions are definitely dangerous.. and I would put the level at 4.. not 3 - for steep slopes. Set off around 12 avalanches today.. 3 of which had ~10m fractures and traveled a fair distance. Luckily friend and I were fine... but.. ya.. be careful out there.

Also. Stuben - St. Christoph route is a lot of fun!

And, basically all the ski routes are shut because there is no snow on the bottom parts of them. Schindlerkar 15 was open yesterday but I imagine it was closed today due to avi risk.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timmaah, Is the Stuben - St. Christoph route easy to route find? I'm planning on staying on gentle slopes (below 25 degrees) if off piste unless I go with a guide.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am out of town. Have the condtions got to this stage yet?

(Pics from 16th April 2007)

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=600968&highlight=stuben+river#600968

stanton wrote:
Some photos from last weekend

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thankfully no! You can still ski the piste into Stuben!

It is an easy route to find.. but it is now littered with avalanche debris. Honestly.. we had fresh tracks but every face just avalanched.. And the entire bottom face had all avalanched away.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
S2 was closed off today and they were in the process of closing S5 as I went down with some of my guests this morning. Getting very slushy lower down and some places extremely sticky (top of black 10 and the flat bit at the bottom of it round towards Schinder/Arlenmahder in particular).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hmm, looks like 3 days skiing around Stuben/St Anton staying high whilst the kids are in ski school, then a day at Lech, one at Zurs and one at Rendl should make a nice week!

Looks like we need to very careful of the off piste and just hope this cooler spell kicks in next week!!
latest report
Back from Stuben yesterday. Only ski on piste so comments refer to that. It was very warm over the weekend and hence slushy and mogully. Snowed on Monday (quite a bit in Stuben and Galzig, less in Lech and Zurs). Conditions held up well during the day as it was colder. Zurs on Wednesday was deteriorating fast, even quite high up (reds 1 and 2). By 11 am the lower ends of runs were pretty poor.

The blue run into Stuben from Albona was still open so you can ski down. The red they closed was in a poor way. S5 was also poor (hence I guess now closed) -it must get more sun that the other high Albona pistes.

Not sure where they take the ski school kids -not a flake of snow on that area in Stuben -they were using it for mountain biking yesterday.

Keep doing the snow dance -it worked for us ! And have a great holiday.
ski holidays
hmm, I think the snow gods are going to tease me with a dump when we leave on the 16th!!
snow conditions
Guys... going snowboarding in St Anton on the 23rd.....begining to think the slopes aren't going to hold up...someone give me some good news please. Will be having lessons, and will only be on piste.
Confused
ski holidays
http://www.wetter.at/ - as of 7/4/2011 17:00 was 28degrees at Innsbruck!
ski holidays
Rudz wrote:
Guys... going snowboarding in St Anton on the 23rd.....begining to think the slopes aren't going to hold up...someone give me some good news please. Will be having lessons, and will only be on piste.
Confused

It's forecasted to snow next Thursday at the moment.. you'll be fine on piste.
ski holidays
YAY!!!! Thanks!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
if the wigglies are right could see a 15 degree drop in temps & snow midweek.
snow report
Keep it coming!!! x
latest report
Looks like snow on Tuesday.. and Thursday Shock Shocked. It was 18°C today though.. Valuga and Schindlergrat were closed due to avalanche risk. First proper day in park for me Shock
latest report
Whoop Whoop!!! x
ski holidays
stuck in traffic on the a8 past stuttgart, cheer me up & tell me snow still on for tues & thurs?? Been qing for 2 hours!!!
latest report
Quote:

snow still on for tues & thurs??

Yes.
snow report
kitenski, let me know where you are now (13.00) and if you are still stuck I'll try and guide you out of it. That is one hell of a hold-up. It was on the web sit I gave you all week - I thought you would have gone around it!

Sue
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When do Moosewirt and Krazy Kaguruh shut for the season?
snow conditions
Re KK.

stanton wrote:
The KK closed early (Today April 2nd) this season, thought they might go to 10th but economics rule.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Krazy-Kanguruh-St-Anton-am-Arlberg/90701019721

Mooserwirt bis inklusive 25. April 2011. Mit Vollgas !! (Open to 25th April Inclusive full on)
ski holidays
Last Weekend Summer Skiing in Lech & Zurs. Very Happy

Pictures Over on the German Forum

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=37096&p=4757540#p4757540

More photos

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=37244&p=4756350#p4756350

Last Week Valluga Powder Tour

Nice report & pics over on German Forum

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=39082&hilit=st+anton

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 11-04-11 15:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Sad at krazy kanguruh, but will definitely be at the moose on the 25th! Very Happy
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/P83ETL0lvOA

Der Weiße Rausch 2011

Saturday 23rd April 5pm (CET) Live on the Internet

http://www.eventarena.tv/pages/winterarena/events/kalender.php

Last Year - HIGHLIGHTS

http://youtube.com/v/jazj2yi_IZU
snow conditions
raining heavily here in stuben, ski school have cancelled all lessons, waiting for the temps to drop!

generally there is still plenty of skiing to be found, not alot of off piste, found some spring yesterday but it was pretty rough.

most of the steep stuff has slid, inc virtually all the north face at stuben.

we did the white ring yesterday
mix of ice, earth, brown snow, nice snow & some slushy moguls.

wide skis are working well in the slush. Hoping the forecast is right & it turns to snow.
latest report
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
Its snowing from 2000m up, temps set to drop over next few hours.. 20cm snow forecasted overnight (snow down to village as well), and with freezing levels below village and more snow forecasted during this week.. its not all bad.
snow report
well timed that well, parked in zurs as the rain turned to snow. High lifts shut, so took our beginner friends on a few laps.

noticeably more snow in stuben on the drive back, the bare hills now have a much prettier cosmetic layer.

powder day tomorrow!!

anyone know if st anton is getting snow?
snow report
St Christoph am Arlberg

Live from Taps

snow report
SNOW ALERT

Thursday & Friday maybe a good dump at altitude Very Happy

https://afweather.afwa.af.mil/cgi-bin/model_looper.cgi?6,48,3,MEURSFCSNTT,.GIF,6,3,15

ski holidays
kitenski, 20cm so far!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy