Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg snow report 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
unclenewy, best way down to the KK is the Red down from Gampen - not the 'Happy Valley' blue from the Zammermoos chairlift
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
red 27 wrote:
unclenewy, best way down to the KK is the Red down from Gampen - not the 'Happy Valley' blue from the Zammermoos chairlift
Thanks red 27 (is that the number of the run by the way Happy ) I do remember it being in some sort of dip with walls on either side then a sharp left at the KK sign, so maybe we were using the "Happy Valley". I just remember my thighs burning with all the braking tring to avoid people and moguls........not good after all day ripping it up. (i wish)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
unclenewy, sharp left at the sign means you were coming happy valley. From Gampen you come straight down onto the KK from above.

The origins of my username are further east wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
unclenewy,

This is skiing off the Valluga 2

http://youtube.com/v/7qtOfEeYX3k&feature=related

Here's a clip of various pistes / routes in St Anton

http://youtube.com/v/tO3j6F20OXo
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies and help guys, much appreciated from a newby. Hopefully i can put some pics and vids up if i get back in one piece.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
so, anyone on the ground able to verify if there was much snow in st anton today?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Valluga to Town Skiing, little dusting of snow yesterday 5-10cm up top. Colder this week .
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow-forecast is saying down as low as -29 on Monday night!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Raify wrote:

Maybe, but that kind of temperature will be above 3000M. Normal January Temperatures in

In town between -6C (Day) -12C (Night)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chalet Girl filmed in St Anton

Official Trailer Trash (Deutsch)

http://youtube.com/v/KZHy9rfUbbQ

http://youtube.com/v/wWExsAj-uDg

http://chaletgirl-movie.com/

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 1-02-11 15:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
Raify wrote:

Maybe, but that kind of temperature will be above 3000M. Normal January Temperatures in

In town between -6C (Day) -12C (Night)

Indeed, I think that was the mid station reading 2000m +

Nice to see the 0deg altitude drop finally.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The coming week will be Cold with very light dustings of snow. No Major Snow in sight for the rest of January which can only mean one thing the Big Dumps will start in February Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dont waste the Powder, keep nice tight lines.

Good Powder Etiquette in Vorarlberg Zuers-Lech-St Anton in Austria in between December 2010-January2011

http://youtube.com/v/_CsaQmNDsSc
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 24-01-11 11:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
only 6 days and i will be in resort, so am champing at the bit to hear about the current snow status. i'm hoping beyond hope that all talk of only a light dusting over the next 3 days turns out to be peevish pessimism. judging by the webcams, the resorts slight to the east of the tyrol are getting some decent snowfall.

stanton, can't see your pics unfortunately.
ski holidays
They were there yesterday Little Angel
snow report
Monday 24th

Snowing up top. Will get a few cms today but generally its only light snowfall this week & cold.
latest report
luckyV, Just got back late yesterday after a week in St Anton Crying or Very sad , freeze thaw early in week but snow held up well, very icy though in places, some great snowfall midweek and on Friday/ Saturday (my last ski day) it was mega-cold and blue-bird conditions -17c plus wind chill, brrrrr!. Great off piste in Zurs (deep pow under Madloch lift itinery routes), Albona, Shoengraben (off the back down to Kapall drag) and Rendl (Rossfall and Shimmy are apparently mega) I stayed just off the edge of the pistes, and snow in all areas is in excellent condition, no need to concern at all about the snow - its brilliant, wish I was there. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Arriving Friday, skiing lunchtime onwards so looking forward to some fresh, crisp weather and conditions.

Got chance of some accomodation in the Sonnenwiese area. Is it possible to ski back to there from the Moos? How long a walk is it from say the Glazigbahn?
latest report
Ski Tyke, You can ski back there easy from either the main run down - just cut across the slope from Krazy Kangaruh/ Moos or come down Fang to Nasserein and cut across again. From Galzigbahn or Nasserein 5 mins walk in morning, or 4 person chair up to Gampen quicker still. Snow is right down to town, no issues and snow cannons are going like crazy.

Enjoy it.
ski holidays

http://youtube.com/v/8k6CZW-JTA0&feature=player_detailpage#t=121s

Nice Videos Posted up Showing some of the more well known Black Off Piste Ski Routes (Hinteres Rendl, Schindlergrat, Valluga North Face

http://youtube.com/v/EPN48Rl83hI

http://youtube.com/v/GBYIVNFeSTo

You can hurt yourself Jumping Very Happy

http://www.vimeo.com/19075154
snow conditions
Looks like some fresh snow in the Arlberg...

http://www.arlberghospiz.at/webcam-st-christoph-arlberg-tirol.de.htm

Very Happy
ski holidays
nozawaonsen, mint! Very Happy

Just need to find somewhere to stay now.... Puzzled
snow report
nozawaonsen wrote:
Looks like some fresh snow in the Arlberg...

http://www.arlberghospiz.at/webcam-st-christoph-arlberg-tirol.de.htm

Very Happy

oh yes! that does appear to be enough to freshen things up. roll on sunday.
snow report
A few cms in St Christoph tonight more in Stuben .
snow report
Light top up dusting this weekend, few cms if we very lucky.

Next week, will be perfect Sunny skiing conditions. Crisp cold weather -10C (2000M) & very cold nights .
ski holidays

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 29-01-11 11:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
am i subscribed to this thread now that i've posted - i want to know when there's powder so i can quickly jump on a plane and come get some...mmmmm....st anton.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking good. Just found out I'm heading out to Lech to work next weekend, can't wait. It's gonna be a month or so before I'm back boarding
snow report
Well, two more sleeps until we're in St Anton, and one more before I find myself in a lift queue. How's it looking out there?
latest report
Aah.. Wednesday was a great day. Managed to get first tracks on the ski routes down the schindlergrat, and the route off kappall! Waist-deep pow with faceshots all day. Love it.

Snow is good Village, off-piste is quickly tracked out but pistes will be fine by time you're out here!
latest report
Next Week Perfect winter sports conditions with long sunny spells.

Next Dump will be sometime after next weekend 5th of February Very Happy

Stuben

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 30-01-11 10:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Just back from a week in St Anton, Sunday was sunny, Mon to Wed was overcast/low visibility/light snowfall and Thursday & Friday were sunny. And it appears the sunny weather is set to continue into next week.

Snow conditions on the piste were ok at best. Very mixed conditions, lots of icy patches - Kandahar Gampen was tricky in places. Run 17 at lunchtime is best to completely rip, dodgy earlier than that due to traffic. Didn't see any brown patches on any pistes. The two higher Albona lifts were closed for most of the week, everything else open. The off piste was pretty good after the midweek snowfall, got some knee high powder which was fantastic. It all got tracked out very quickly though.

They have the snow cannons working on overdrive, building up reserves, noticeable under Gampen chair.

St Anton needs a massive dump of snow.
snow report
alanf24 wrote:

Folks, dont worry even if there was no more natural snow there is already enough to make it through to the end of the season
ski holidays
Paragliding in St. Anton am Arlberg

http://youtube.com/v/BHJKvwGCtU0
latest report
stanton wrote:
alanf24 wrote:

Folks, dont worry even if there was no more natural snow there is already enough to make it through to the end of the season

This is probably just about barely true, but if we were to start talking about standards, they would be terribly low come March time if no more snow was to fall.

But for people heading out there, don't fret, there is snow on every piste!!
snow report
alanf24, there are green patches but that's mainly cause of wind.. not lack of snow. And they're not on the pistes anyhow. Conditions were quite ice'y today though.

The top two Stuben lifts were closed because the bearings broke.. least that's the chinese whispers I've heard. They're meant to open again tomorrow so lots of people will be getting fresh tracks.. Shame its opening on transfer day Sad
snow report
Fohn (warm air from the south) on the way for the weekend & early next week , expect >>

+1 to +5C temperatures in town.

2000M 0C -2C

After the Fohn we should get New snow Very Happy
ski holidays
Surprised at the luke warm review of conditions above. Have had a rather different experience. We arrived in St Anton yesterday and have had a great day today. The pistes are mostly in great condition. The odd icy patch but nothing dangerous and I have seen no brown showing through anywhere on piste. Bluebird days forecast all week and plenty cold enough to keep the pistes in good condition. My husband is having a day's off piste guiding on Wednesday so will report back with news on remaining pockets of powder.
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/yCOXx5phndM
Shouldn't laugh but Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy