Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What resorts have we all been to?

Poster: A snowHead
I was thinking that it might be nice to see where everyone has been over the years. That way we might know who to ask about resorts in the future.
I've been to:
Monte Baldo/Malcesine (Italy) Confused , Puy Saint Vincent Smile , La Plagne Very Happy , Borovets NehNeh Sad , Glenshee (for a day), Verbier Sad , Alpe d'Huez Very Happy , Courchevel Very Happy , Serre Chevalier (for the day), Mont Tremblant, Mont Sainte Marie (small hill north of Ottawa), Mont Cascades and Camp Forture (very very small hills north of Ottawa!!), Sierra Nevada (spain), Flaine Very Happy .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In reverse order, year, resort, actual days skiied

Tignes Le Lac, 6 days. Mrs NBT insisted I go on a trip with friends even though she could not go, and we lucked out big time with plenty of snow and sunshine. Great skiing,
Sainte Foy Tarentaise. Same apartment in MMV Étoile des Cimes, over New Year. 7 days superb skiing with virtually no queues and great weather. Mrs NBT had a tumble on day 7, dislocating and fracturing her shoulder and sadly putting paid to plans to spend the following 5 weeks skiing in the Grand Massif, and to the three weeks back in SFT later in March

Grand Massif (Morillon) (trip 2). 14 days self catering. No significant snow since our last trip, rain and storms at the start of the trip but a good dump of snow in week 2 and some great skiing
Grand Massif (Morillon) (trip 1). 13 days, back in the fantastic Chalet Brio. Food even better this time thanks to chalet hosts Andrew and Niki. Fabulous service from owners Joss and Dee who even loaned us their minibus so we could drive round to Flaine untl the snow arrived and allowed us to ski locally. Highly recommended for a holiday

Sainte Foy Tarentaise. Apartment in MMV Étoile des Cimes. 20 days in total in March: 17 at SFT, one each at La Plagne (from Montchavin), Tignes / Val d'Isere (from Les Brevieres), and Les Arcs (from Villaroger). No snow for 2 weeks prior to arrival and during our stay only a single fall of a few cm of snow laden with saharan sand. SFT had the best snow and best kept pistes in the Tarentaise from our experiences, though we were starting later and later as the trip progressed, only going out to ski aftre lunch by the end of the trip - high daytime temps meant the pistes were like porridge by 4pm then would freeze overnight after being pisted.

The Great Pandemic. No sking

Sainte Foy Tarentaise, 7 days. Premier Neige's Peak chalet was fabulous. Pistes excellent despite a couple of weeks without snow. Would willingly return.

Grand Massif (Morillon). 6 days, plus one day too ill and the ski area was closed anyway. Beautiful chalet but the last week of paris school holidays so very busy with kids and very high temps for first week of march
Meribel Village. 7 days. Great pistes under blue skies, then a cheeky top-up of a few cm to make things wonderful

Gressoney. 7 days on GnarBug 2018, with 3 days guiding.
Courmayeur. 6 days in resort, starting with a few cm of fresh then several bluebird days. Fantastic week

Meribel. Cheeky last minute end of season week. Snow level considerably higher than the village and typical "spring" snow but still a great week away
Passo Tonale. A week regaining ski legs for Mrs NBT after a break of a couple of years following an accident. Great hotel and excellent confidence building resort

Flaine, UCPA Les Lindars off piste giding and tuition. 6.5 days skiing, of which four full days and one afternoon with a guide. Excellent.

Reberty 2000 (Les Menuires, 3 Vallées) 6 days. Great piste skiing despite v poor start to season. Excellent service from Neilson

Saalbach Hinterglemm, 6 days. 20 deg at lunch in mid march and rapidly disappearing snow but enjoyable nonetheless
Courmayeur, 6 days including one day at La Thuile / La rosiere. That day was the only day with blue skies - the other 5 days in Courmayeur were some of the best I've ever had on skis with fresh snow falling every day, great conditions on and off piste, (pisted runs with powder on top - proper hero snow) and face shots in the trees.

Val d'Isere, France - 5 days for me (one day ill). Mrs NBT got in two days, then a half day while looking after me, then a half day before feeling ill herself, then a half day to finish the trip as the snow was so good she just had to get out.

Cairngorm, Scotland - 5th and 6th May!
Les Arcs, France (Arc 1600). 6 days. "Spring" conditions, so a fab suntan and some great bump skiing.
Bad Gastein, Austria - Christmas trip. 7 days skiing - mixed it up but spent 3 days at Dorfgastein / Großarltal, 1 day at Graukogel and 3 at Stubnerkogel / Angertal / Schlossalm. Brilliant trip especially as we got snow towards the end and finished with a powder day

Scotland - 2 weeks in a caravan. Skiied 9 days, managed to visit all 5 resorts. Best. Holiday. Ever.
La Plagne - 5 days over Christmas 2010, lost one day due to snow related travel difficulties

2010 - a poor year, health and wealth severely limited the opportunities for skiing
Cairngorm - 3.5 days over May Day bank holiday!
Another World - 2 days

Val Thorens / Orelle (6 days) (EOSB 2009)
Snowbird (1 day)
Alta (2 days)
Solitude (2 days)
Brighton (2 days) - 2 week trip to SLC interrupted by illness. Managed 4 powder days though, one at each resort Cool snowHead Cool snowHead

Tignes [Val Claret] (6 days) Very Happy
Courmayeur (6 days, of which one day in La Thuile / La Rosiere and one day using pistes only to get to the off piste)

Le Corbier, part of Les Sybelles (6 days) Confused
Tignes [Val Claret] (6 days) Smile

Whistler (13 days) Very Happy
Les Arcs [Arc 1800] (7 days) Smile

Bourg St Maurice - Arc 2000 (6 days) and Tignes (1 day) (The first EOSB)
Val d'Isere (6 days)

Fernie (13 days)Very Happy
Flaine (6 days)

Lake Louise (2 days)
Sunshine (2 days)
Norquay (1 day)
Kicking Horse (2 days)
Panorama (2 days)
Fernie (3 days) (technically our honeymoon, 2 week roadtrip round 6 resorts with 6 other guys)
Serre Chevalier, Briancon end (6 days, of which 3 boarding : never again) Confused

Folgarida (6 days)
La Tania, 3 valleys (6 days)Sad (Proposed to Mrs NBT)

Whistler (10 days)
Baqueira Beret (6 days, poor snow cover)Very Happy

Alpine Meadows, Lake Tahoe (2 days)
Heavenly, Lake Tahoe (2 days) (Met Mrs NBT)
Squaw Valley, Lake Tahoe (2 days)
Kirkwood, Lake Tahoe (2 days)
Courmayeur (3 days)
Alpe d'Huez (6 days)

Soldeu (6 days)Smile
Montgenevre (6 days)

Pas De La Casa (6 days)Smile
Passo Tonale (6 days)

Borovets (6 days, poor snow cover) Sad

[edited to bring up to date and bump this thread to the top as a reminder, I hope!]

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 10-04-24 9:01; edited 40 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I feel particularly inadequate!
Skied Saas Fee in Switzerland 5 times, Zermatt once, Serre Chevalier for a week, and just come back from Saalbach/Hinterglemm. Hopefully, will be off somewhere- probably Cervinia- in March. Also been to Nevis Range and Glencoe - never again!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 10-02-04 10:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not feeling so adequate either! All of these were for one week:

2006 Westendorf, Val Thorens (To come)
2005 Obergurgl, Val Thorens
2004 Saas Fee, Val Thorens
2003 Westendorf
2002 Westendorf
2001 Westendorf, Val Cenis

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 30-01-06 21:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just got hooked after the trip to Passo Tonale Smile

My year is spent saving up, keeping fit and counting down to the next ski holiday. T minus 32 days until the next trip (fernie) Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris I noticed you've been to Puy St Vincent, I've been there twice. It's a great little resort ( a pity a bit too small ) but I understand they are trying to open the back up, anyway back to your orginal question.

1998 Puy St Vincent (6 days)
1999 Arinsal (6 days)
2000 Tignes (8 days)
2000 Avorias (6 day)
2001 Puy St Vincent (8 days)
2001 Les 2 Alps (6 days)
2002 Val Thoren (8 days)
2002 Bardonecchia (6 days)
2003 La Plagne (8 days)
2004 Lake Louise (13 days)
2004 ????? (6 days?)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
7 weeks in total (if you include trip coming up in March)

Dec 2000 Les Orres
Mar 2001 Les Orres
Feb 2002 Madesimo
Dec 2002 Cervinia
Jan 2003 Val Thorens
Dec 2003 Madesimo
March 2004 Les Orres
Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll add some more detail to mine

Some time in the 80's Monte Baldo
Dec 1992 Puy Saint Vincent
April 1993 La Plagne - sun burn!
Jan 1994 Borovets - lost two days at Gatwick - fog bound, rubbish snow
Feb 1994 Glenshee - one day, fabulous snow conditions, clear blue sky Very Happy
Dec 1994 Aviemore - one day, horribibe snow conditions, fog Sad
Jan 1995 Verbier - constant rain/snow, hardly any of the resort open, rubbish all round Sad
March 1995 Alpe d'Huez - fantastic resort, fantastic snow (lost one day to blizzard but who cares)
Jan 1996 Courchevel - good skiing in clear blue skys but not great snow
Jan 1997 Mont Tremblant and Camp Fortune - got a few evenings and half a day in whilst in Canada on business (those were the days!)
March 1997 Alpe d'Huez - fantastic trip, clear blue skys but spring conditions
Late 1997 to early 1998, living in Eastern Canada - evening lessons at Mont Cascade plus day trips to Mont Sainte Marie and Mont Tremblant (not quite the same as a proper holiday)
Jan 1999 Alpe d'Huez, awful weather (nowhere to hide from it either) - good fun all the same
Jan 2000 - La Plagne
March 2000 Sierra Nevada - two days on rapidly melting pistes - fun snow conditions though which felt a bit like skiing on powder Confused
Jan 2001 - Flaine
March 2002 - 3.5 days Flaine
Jan 2003 - 3.5 days Flaine (4.5 metre snow depths Very Happy )
Jan 2004 - 3.5 days Flaine
2005 ?? Take the family of Wife who can't ski and is scared of chairlifts/draglifts and a (will be 3.5) year old - where should I go?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In case anyone thinks I'm boasting, that's not the intention: just giving dates so that if anyone wants feedback they can see how accurate it may be given the likelihood of changes in the intervening years Smile

You seem to like Flaine, Chris, and I see a few other repeat visits. So far, I've never been back to a resort once I've gone home. This visit to Fernie will be the first time I;ve returned to a resort, althoug a three day visit at the start of our road trip might not count a s a real visit. Still, it was enough to persuade us to go back and look seriously at buying property in the resort.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sep 1997 - New Zealand (Mount Hutt, Cardrona & Remarkables)
Mar 2000 - France (Tignes)
Mar 2002 - France (Meribel/Mottaret)
Mar 2003 - France (La Plagne/Champagny)
Feb 2004 - France (Les Arcs 2000)

Best one is the last one - but that might be because everything clicked this holiday and I feel like I can really say I know how to ski now... Mr. Green
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sad that I've got it recorded? Actually put this list together a few of years ago when I realised I could no longer remember precisely, hence a few ??...

March 88 Waidring 6 days
March 89 Les Arc 13 (inc 1 day at Tignes/Val d'Isere
March 90 Italy 13 (Inc days at Cervinia, Les Comtamines & La Thuile)
?Feb 91 Prapoutel 6
March 91 Davos 3
Jan 92 St. Anton 6 (Inc day at Lech/Zurs)
Zermatt 13
March 92 Courchevel 1300 6
Dec 92 Val D’Isere 6
?Jan 93 St. Anton 8
Mar 94 Alpe D’Huez 6 (inc day at Serre Chevalier)
Jan 95 La Plagne 1800 6
Mar 96 Courchevel 1650 6
Jan 97 Mottaret 8
Dec97/Jan 98 La Thuile 6
Mar 98 Tignes 8
Mar99 Belle Plagne 8 (inc day ski to Les Arcs)
Jan 00 Tignes 8 (inc day ski Tignes>La Plagne>Les Arcs)
Mar 00 La Thuile 6
Jan 01 Flaine 6
Jan 02 Tignes 8
Mar 02 Val Thorens 8
Feb 03 Val d’Isere 6
Mar03 La Plagne 8
Jan 04 Lake Louise 12 (inc 2 days Sunshine, day Kicking Horse)
Mar 04 Meribel 6
Mar/Apr 04 St.Martin de Belleville 6
Dec 04/Jan 05 La Tania 6
Jan05 Zermatt 6
Jan05 St Anton 6
Feb/Mar05 Tignes 31
Mar05 Les Arcs 8
Mar/Apr05 Meribel 15
Apr05 Bourg St Maurice (EOSB) 7
Jan06 Puy St Vincent 6
Mar06 Tignes 6
Jan/Feb07 Arabba 6
Apr07 Val Thorens (EOSB) 8
Dec07 La Plagne 6
Jan/Feb08 Sun Peaks 13
Dec08 Val Thorens 5 (would have been 6 but high winds closed the resort on Boxing Day)

To come:
Jan09 Alpe d'Huez
Mar09 Tignes

That puts me at 337 days.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 29-12-08 19:01; edited 6 times in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Danny - those are your possible skiing days. Don't think you've actually skied them all, have you? Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt,

I go back to Flaine as I've only been able to make weekend trips since I became a dad and it's so very convenient. I've generally tagged onto someone else's trip so I go where they go hence repeat visits to Alpe d'Huez.
It's great to find new runs but even after repeated visits it's still possible to find new ones each time. Also runs are different every year due to how the snow falls. A big advantage of repeat visits is that you don't need a piste map to get home!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The detail that people are remembering is amazing - I cann't even remember which year, it must be old age.

Couchevel 1850 - often
Courchevel 1550
La Tania
La Plagne + link to Les Arc
Breckenridge
Copper Mountain
Keystone
Vail
Beaver Creek
Mammoth
Heavenly
Squaw Valley
Couple of others up at Tahoe cann't remember the names
Taos
Alta
Brighton
Solitude
Others up the Cottonwood Canyons
Park City
That one next to Park City - ok, ok, I've remembered - Deer Valley Smile
Brian Head
Whistler
Lake Louise
Banff
Sunshine Village

Will edit as I remember details

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 10-02-04 21:37; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pete you are quite correct.
Take three days off the Lake Louise holiday 1 for dog sleding and 2 for a trip to Jasper where we walked up a ice river/gorge (great fun) and ice skating (I shouldn't even be allowed on nursery slope if you compare my standard with skiing).
Also on the Lake Louise holiday 1 day in Sunshine and 1 day in Kicking Horse. so therefore 8 days in Lake Louise.
snow report
Okay - here goes

1992 - Grindlewald
1993 - Kitzbuhel
1994 - Livigno
1997 - Wengen
1998 - Wengen
1999 - Crans Montana & NZ
2000 - Wengen
2001 - Wengen & Flims
2002 - Wengen
2003 - Wengen & Courcheval & Kaprun (summer)
2004 - Crans Montana & ? (open to offers Wink )
ski holidays
I like John's description...
john wells wrote:
That one next to Park City
latest report
Er, relative newby to some of the above, but:

Jan 2002 Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier
Feb 2003 Chantemerle, Serre Chevalier
April 2003 Chantemerle, Sere Chevalier
Dec 2003 Tignes
Jan 2004 Chantelmerle, Serre Chevalier
Mar 2004 La Rosiere

Bit of a pattern there, me thinks. My wife loves the place (and so do I!). Might try and get a long weekend 1st week in April, but not to Serre Chevalier (promise) Smile
latest report
This is going to take some remembering, but roughly:

2006 - Val Thorens
2006 - Les Deux Alpes
2006 - Baqueira
2006 - Arabba
2006 - Val D'Isere (x 2 weeks)
2005 - Squaw Valley USA
2005 - Val d'Isere
2005 - Les Arcs
2005 - Val d'Isere
2004 - St Anton (+ Lech & Zurs)
2004 - Alpe D'Huez
2003 - Cervinia (+ Zermatt)
2003 - Soldeu
2002 - Les Arcs
2001 - Val Thorens
2000 - Val d'Isere
1999 - Les Menuires
1999 - Flaine
1998 - Sauze D'Oulx
1997 - Tignes
1996 - La Plagne
1995 - Les Deux Alpes
1993/4 - Pal & Arinsal (Season)

How depressing. How come I've done so much skiing but I'm still so BAD?!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 5-05-06 21:46; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
What a sad bunch we are! I have tried to limit mine to general ski areas....we'll run out of pages!

Hintertux and related resorts
Les tois valleys (meribel, VT, Courcheval etc)
Winter Park (Colorado)
Glen Shee !!!! (spelling)
Alpe D'Huez
Crest Valonde (and ajoining resort)
Val Fre Jus (or is it Val Fru Jes.....so long ago I cannot remember!)
snow report
Me as follows:

Feb 2000 La Plagne Mad Bad instructor, knee injury on last day took a year to heal
Feb 2000 El Tarter Smile Back to bambi school for technique & confidence lessons
Dec 2001 Bardonecchia Shocked Nearly missed the coach home due to killer drinking session with the locals
Feb 2002 Soldeu Confused Hit by demon tummy bug but carried on regardless
March 2003 Soldeu Very Happy Took some newbies to sample local fare/fair pistes
March 2004 Soldeu Laughing Ok so total saddo but now corrupted 7 other girls so not alone.
snow report
Here's mine

Alpe D'Huez (in three weeks)
Sauze D'Oulx/Sestriere
Tignes
La Thuile
Bad Gastein
Chamonix
Chamonix again
Chamonix and again this year
snow conditions
I'm a relative newby too, but trying hard to catch up!! Smile

So far been to:

Lake Louise
Sunshine
Norquay
Whistler (a few times)
Val D'Isere (and rest of Espace Killy whilst there)
Meribel (and 3 Vallees whilst there)
Squaw Vally
Sugar Bowl
Alpine Meadows

Stuart
snow report
Soldeu
Soldeu
Soldeu

Good job I'm going to Soll in a couple of weeks Cool
latest report
La Plagne
Lake Louise

Er - that's it. Got to start somewhere though...
ski holidays
Sinaia, Predeal, Poiana Brasov (Romania)
Lech
Kitzbuhel
Zell am See/Kaprun
Les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry
Cervinia
Snowbird/Alta
Jackson Hole

...and 1-day visits to:
Saalbach-Hinterglemm
Bad Gastein
Zermatt
Pila
The Canyons
Grand Targhee
ski holidays
1992 Crest Volande
1993 Les Carroz/Flaine
1994 Morzine
2001 Crest Volande
1997 The Lecht! (1 day)
2002 Passo Tonale/ Madonna di Campiglio
2003 Livigno
2004 Alpe D'Huez
snow conditions
To save space no years (if anyone is interested they can ask rolling eyes ) and many of them several years anyway:-

Risoul, Valloire, Montgenevre, Tignes, Val D'Isere, Mottaret, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Zell am See, Murren, St Anton, Whistler, Fernie, Les Carroz, Flaine, Serre Chevalier, Les 2 Alpes, Alpe D'Huez, Arosa, Ste Foy, Valmorel, Chamonix and Kopaonik.

If we're adding day trips then La Grave, Les Contamines, Kitzsteinhorn, La Rosiere, La Thuile, Wengen and maybe some others if I remember them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't remember the ski resorts i went to with school but i know one was in Italy and one was in Austria. Recently i've been to:

Lake Louise
Banff Norquay
Sunshine
Chamonix
Breckenridge
Keystone
Vail

Off to Cham again in 3 1/2 weeks
latest report
1998 Arinsal Laughing
1999 Canazei Smile
2000 Pas de la Casa Confused
2001 Morzine/Arinsal Laughing
2002 Morzine/Sauze d'oulx Laughing
2003 Morzine/St Anton Laughing
2004 Morzine/Alpe d'huez/Saalbach Mr. Green
2005 Morzine/Aped d'huez Mr. Green
2006 Morzine/Schladming Cool

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 7-02-06 14:00; edited 2 times in total
snow report
January 2002: Scheffau Mad
March 2003: Banff Very Happy
January 2004: El Tarter Laughing

I think I need to catch up. Any help gratefully received Wink
latest report
1999:-Sansicario-Not alot of snow & no Links Open Sad
2000:-Leogang/Saalbach Laughing + Courcheval 1850 Laughing (&Hot)
2001:-Les Deux Alpes Smile + Val Cenis Laughing
2002:-Val Cenis Sad (Not alot of snow)+ Pas De La Casa Cool (Hot)
2003:-Mayrhofen NehNeh + Alpe D'Huez NehNeh
2004:-La Plagne Laughing Very Happy + ??(TBA)

Day Trips:-Montgeneve;Claviere;Sauze D'ouz;Val T;Meribel;Serre Che;La Norma;Val Frejus;Soldeu.
snow report
2004- Soll
2003- Soll
2002- Soll

1992- Grossarl
1991- Saalbach (I think, it was a school trip and we were bussed half hour each day to and from the slopes but I'm not sure where we stayed)
snow conditions
Zell am Zee
Wengen
Aviemore
Saas Fee
Puy St Vincent
Val Thorens / Meribel / Courcheval
La Plagne
Lake Louise / Sunshine Village / Kicking Horse
(and probably a whole load more places that I can't remember because I was too young!).

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 13-02-04 2:55; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Glad to see I am not the only one keeps lists of stuff like this. Gotta do something with these here pooters. I will edit mine at some point soon and stick it in here. It will take some time......
latest report
In no particular order
La Thuile, les Deux Alpe, Serre Chevalier, Val d'Isere(x2), Avoriaz (including all the resorts on the Porte du Soleil during an eight day stay), la Plagne, Tignes, Glenshee, Cairngorms, Montgenevre
and Tamworth snowdome...
All since 1998
ski holidays
1994 Aviemore Very Happy first ever ski trip, I went with my school.
1995 Aviemore Smile yet again with my school
1996 Aviemore Confused again?! as you can tell, I was bored with Aviemore.

2002 Soll Very Happy First ever trip alone, fantastic, but I twisted both knees. Sad
2003 Kitzbuhel Smile Great, but icy on the slopes to the resort.
2004 Mayrhofen Cool Best conditions I've ever experienced but I was caught out when I was wearing sunglasses during a blizzard, I had to buy a new pair of ski-goggles from the mountain shop, I now have two pairs. Sad
I will be going to Sauze D'oulx in March and heading out to Fernie in Canada next January, as you can tell I'm hooked! Laughing
snow report
Okay, here goes, (apologies for spelling errors and lack of dates):-

Austria.
Axamer Lizum, Ellmau x 2, Saalbach x 3, Zell am See, Wagrain x 2, Schladming x 2.

Bulgaria.
Borovets.

France.
Serre Chevalier x 2, Three Valleys x 2, Montgenevre x 2, Les Carroz, Les Arcs, La Plagne, La Rosiere, La Cluza, Risoul/Vars.

Italy.
Andalo, Bardonecchia x 2, Cervinia, Livigno, Passo Tonale, Sauze d'Oulx.

Switzerland.
Crans Montana, Morgins, Zermatt.

Canada.
Banff ski areas (Sunshine, Norquay, Lake Louise) x 2, Panorama Mountain Village.
snow conditions
I've only been skiing about 6/7 years, but here's my list so far:

Saalbach/Hinterglemm
Val d'Isere/Tignes
Chamonix/Les Houches/Argentiere/Le Tour
Breckenridge
Winter Park
Whistler/Blackcomb
Alta/Snowbird
Brighton
Park City
Deer Valley
Jackson Hole

Milton Keynes Laughing
Castleford Laughing

And in a month's time, I'll be able to add a few more resorts, as I'm doing the White Peaks Challenge, which involves skiing 24 mountains in Austria in 48 hours, to raise money for Scope, a charity which helps people with Cerebral Palsy (used to be called the Spastics Society)
If you'd like to help out, you can sponsor me at:
www.justgiving.com/wtfh
ski holidays
Probably got the years wrong...

1987 Serre Chevalier
1987/88 Serre Chevalier (season)
1989 Les Menuires
1991/1992 Serre Chevalier/Pra Loup (season)
1992/1993 Montgenevre (season) - plus Sestriere, Sauze d'Oulx etc from there
1993/1994 Deux Alpes (season)
1995 Val d'Isere
1996 Courcheval
1996 Tignes
1997 Alpe d'Huez
1998 Val d'Isere
1999 Whistler
2000 Flaine
2000 Les Arcs
2000 Chamonix
2001 Flaine
2001 St Anton - plus trips to Lech/Zurs etc
2001 Fernie - plus Big Mountain & Jasper (1 day each)
2002 Chatel - plus Avoriaz etc
2002 Serre Chevalier
2002 Vail - plus a couple of days at Beaver Creek
2003 Chatel - plus Avoriaz etc
2003 St Anton
2003 Utah - Canyons, Park City, Deer Valley, Alta, Snowbird, Solitude & Sundance
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy