Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended snowboard instructors

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I thought it would be a good idea to have a separate thread for recommended snowboard instructors, so that the details are not buried amongst the ski list, which will inevitably be longer.

Admin - are you able to transfer playdreamer's post from the ski thread into this thread?

Here is my contribution:

Resort: Courchevel
School: RTM
Instructor name: Mark Petty
Season: 2005
Level: Advanced - on-piste freestyle messing about
Lesson type: 2 hour private 1:1
Assessment (1=poor; 5=outstanding):
- Communication: 4-5
- Accuracy of diagnosis: 5
- Effectiveness of treatment: 5
- Fun factor: 4 (a great lesson, but being only 2 hours we were focussing on the job at hand)
Cost: €120 - not cheap but it is money well spent as I definitely progressed as a direct result.
Comments: He was very easy going and I was able to discuss fully what I was able to do, what I wanted to do, what I thought I was doing wrong. He instantly indentified a few wrinkles in my technique that I had not appreciated and within half a run my switch riding was 100% smoother. He was very patient when we were trying some trick moves and adapted his instructions to suit me so that if his first bit of advice was not making sense to me, he could suggest something else. If I return to Courchevel next season, I will definitely book another lesson.

Here is the template:

Code:
[b]Resort: [/b]
[b]School: [/b]
[b]Instructor name: [/b]
[b]Season: [/b]
[b]Level: [/b]
[b]Lesson type[/b]
[b]Assessment (1=poor; 5=outstanding):[/b]
[b] - Communication: [/b]
[b] - Accuracy of diagnosis: [/b]
[b] - Effectiveness of treatment: [/b]