Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Generation Courchevel

Poster: A snowHead
Anybody had any experience with them?

Good? Bad? Ugly?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A friend of mine, a former BASI trainer, recently told me it's the best ski school in the Alps - but don't hold me to that!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, have heard good things myself....but nothing quite like that! Very promising. Can they make conditions perfect as well?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lookee here:
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=90270#90270

masopa has used them a number of times and has been v. happy generally...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Leuzzi, I have skied with one of their directors (Tom Saxlund - dead ringer *for the new Dr Who I reckon Cool and can highly recommend him. My only experience so far I'm afraid ....

* OK - he's second from the right in the pic Little Angel

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 24-03-05 23:23; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've skied with New Generation several times and always had a positive experience. Mostly skied with Warren Hogben and would be happy to recommend him.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have heard very good reports about New Gen in general.

In fact, I know Simon, one of its Courchevel instructors. As you would expect, he is an amazing skier/ski-tourer/mountaineer but I am also sure that he is a great teacher - that belief comes from hearing him talk about his profession but also from second hand reports from people that have been taught by him.

Good luck with the conditions!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've had a lesson with Jason from New Gen at Courchevel1650. I thought that he was superb, and I know that Spyderjon also rated the school highly when he was there.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So all in all, I should be confident about the school. Thanks to all for comments.

Please all now join hands and commence snow dance for us...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Peter Leuzzi, Did level six clinic with New Gen in January....despite dreadful condiitons (thick fog, banned from using off piste etc) still managed to get some great instruction and have finally cracked being able to ski when I can't see my hand in front of my face. Highly recommended.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
New Gen are excellent & I can see why they've been voted the top Euro ski school for the last few years.

Deb & I have had lessons in both 1650 last March (Lisa) & 1850 this Jan. As homphomp, I also did a L6 performance clinic in Jan with Ruth which was superb.

There's a few New Gen testimonials on the 'Recommended Instructors' post.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have used a couple of times. Excellent in their own right, and infinitely better than the Courchevel 1850 ESF
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd agree with the concensus here - a very good ski school. Has been expanding for a while now, but generally maintains a very good standard of teacher. I had one slightly less than satisfactory set of lessons, but think it was just down to not quite "getting" what/how the teacher was putting things across. Other than that, they've been faultless.

Let us all know how you get on...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks again for comments.

Will let you all know how it went.....6 sleeps to go!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Julian T wrote:
Have used a couple of times. Excellent in their own right, and infinitely better than the Courchevel 1850 ESF

I have a particular beef with them after my then 7 year old was in the 'classe compétition' and on the day of the flèche competition they lost her on route to the slalom stadium. That was bad enough, but then they didn't even realise she was missing. By pure chance I just happened on her while I was skiing around Couchevel, lost, in tears (but only because she thought she was going to miss the race!). Rushed her to the stadium just in time for the GS, found the instructor - she didn't even apologise. Amazing.
snow report
PG, just to clarify, are you talking about New Gen or the 1850 ESF ?
ski holidays
Sounds like ESF to me - do other ski schools do competition skiing for kids??
snow report
I'm back.

New Gen were absolutely brilliant. For various reasons I had the joy of three different instructors - Jason, Roy and Luigi - and they were all fantastic. All had great ideas and were extremely attentive.

As one does, we are already thinking about next years skiing and will be seeking resorts that New Gen are at as it really did maake the difference.

Thanks to all for comments.
snow report
I would also check out Mountain Masters if in Val D - similar ethos to NG and were actually the outfit who recommended NG to me when I first tried Courchevel.

Glad you had a good time - and good instruction!
ski holidays
Will start another thread, but does anyone know of a good school in Kaprun with a similar ethos? British school?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy