Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grinderlwald - tell me more

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was just about to book Schladming for next year's family trip when friends decided to come along, which is great. Result being that the cracking deal the agent found for Schladming did not become as good as they (a family of 3) would have to booked 2 rooms and essentially pay for 4, whereas we were getting a cracking deal on a quad room for us 4.

Anyway the agent has come up with an equally good deal for Grindelwald which is a place I've always fancied but know very little about as I tend to head for Austria. The set up of the group will be 4 adults (2 competent and 2 rusty) 3 kids (2 at 10 and 1 aged 7). My 10 year old is a very competent skier and my 7 year old has got 3 weeks under hs belt. Their 10 year old has not yet skied on snow but has been getting lessons at local dry slope and will continue to do so.

Is Grindelwald suitable for beginners? Is the apres decent, or is it tea and scones vicar?

Heading over 15th to 22nd Jan - that should clash with the Lauberhorn??? Does that really impact on Grindelwald?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski, if you dont get much feedback here post your question it in the Jungfrau Region thread wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Due to the overwhelming replies wink I have now booked Kappl with our friends for next year - on piste and short ski to gondola etc Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boabski, you should have still given the Jungfrau Region a go but i would have selected a higher resort....like Mürren @ 1650m - 3000m

http://www.muerren.ch/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Grindelwald is a little downmarket but reasonably enjoyable.

The main bugbears will be the slow liftsystem and the low altitude.

If the snow is good, all should be fine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Brookes, Problem being for us was the fact that from Scotland it appears they only do Geneva for that region and the flight times would have meant really early departures from house and hotel - fine from house but crap from hotel (plus would have meant our eldest would need to have been babysat for 2 nights instead of one). That coupled with the fact our friends wanted ski in ski out, quiet slopes (not sure you would get that the week of the Lauberhorn race???) and a shorter transfer, we opted for Kappl as the flight times from Edinburgh suited us much better, we could get accommodation right on the slopes and the slopes are deserted - plus only 1 hour from Innsbruck.

Our friends are just coming back to skiing after a 10 year absense so I thought it best to cater for their needs rather than ours (although in fairness, their needs are pretty damned similar to ours). Murren etc does looks stunning and will definitely give it a go in the not too distant future.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski wrote:
Chris Brookes, Problem being for us was the fact that from Scotland it appears they only do Geneva for that region and the flight times would have meant really early departures from house and hotel - fine from house but crap from hotel (plus would have meant our eldest would need to have been babysat for 2 nights instead of one). That coupled with the fact our friends wanted ski in ski out, quiet slopes (not sure you would get that the week of the Lauberhorn race???) and a shorter transfer, we opted for Kappl as the flight times from Edinburgh suited us much better, we could get accommodation right on the slopes and the slopes are deserted - plus only 1 hour from Innsbruck.

Our friends are just coming back to skiing after a 10 year absense so I thought it best to cater for their needs rather than ours (although in fairness, their needs are pretty damned similar to ours). Murren etc does looks stunning and will definitely give it a go in the not too distant future.

boabski, all makes sense.

Make sure you dont forget about Murren for your future travels !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy