Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow at Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
It's finally been snowing at Whistler, and more snow forecast to come Smile But will it be enough to cover all that ice? Can anyone at Whistler comment?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ponder, wish someone would as I'm leaving for Whistler on Sunday
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
from epicski

"It has been snowing the last few days here with a 14cm dump on Wednesday. Lower reaches are bad and closed but all is open up high. We have over 30cm of snow forecast for the coming 4 days.

Checkout this great site for first hand snow conditions. http://www.snowboardingatwhistler.com"

If you have not been before dont worry too much about the lower stuff being marginal, it is whats happening up top that is relevant....unless you really are committed to the last run of the day skiing back to the base.

My advice.....download !!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like Whistler is having incredible snow! I unfortunately won't be able to get up until thursday, but I had a friend who went up on Saturday and said it was great. At this point they'd had a 14 cm and a 15 cm day back to back. Then Saturday night they got 23 cm, and today (Sunday) they are forecasting 15-25 cm during the day with another 10-20 cm over night! Then a bit more on Monday (2-5 cm). And no rain/above freezing level forecasts for any of the days! So they already have 52cm by Sunday morning, and should have a total of 79 - 102 cm of relatively new snow (the oldest still less than a week old) by Monday night! Perfect timing Helen, and leave some freshies for me on Thursday Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
84 cm in the past week Smile Supposedly some flurries bringing a few more dustings of snow as well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went up today (friday) instead of thursday. Conditions - damn good. While the bottoms still suck (no ski-out of at whistler, ski out at blackcomb only if you really hate your skis), everything above the gondolas is very nice. Pretty much all soft pack to hard pack (but not too hard), and some of it quite soft and deep. Very decent powder if you dip into the trees. I was on Blackcomb and virtually every run was open. By the end of the day there were some icy patches, but these were small, and there were few of them - totally dodgeable, and no on most of the runs. And there's 23-24 cm more snow forecast between now and tuesday.

Edit: oops, I think I meant 23-42

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 27-03-05 18:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
15 cm last night - another 15 to 20 forecast for today (it's dumping at the moment!), a bit on sunday, another 15 to 20 monday, tuesday, wednesday.... I knew there was a reason I came to Whistler snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowHead The 'Gasman' cometh, or goeth, depending on whether or not you are here, or in Whistler. That well noted anaesthetist has now begun a second career of Snow Dancing / Predicting snow and by golly he has got it bang on this season!! So 'Gasman', who arrived in Whistler yesterday, if you are atop Blackcomb as I type, master of all you survey - don't feel TOO smug, but enjoy nonetheless!

Happy Easter snowHeads where ever you are. "May the piste rise with you, but not in your face and may powder be always at your feet"

(Ancient Irish Proverb for Skiers) snowHead Smile snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
43 cm overnight, and I'm going to be in Seattle for the weekend! ARGHHHHHHH!
Also decent snowfalls forecasted pretty much every day (all around 10 cm), and a snowbase of over 7.5 feet. At least I'll be able to get some good skiing in next weekend and for probably many weeks after Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ponder,

Say after me... Cancel Seattle, I'm going skiing.... Cancel Seattle, I'm going skiing.... Etc, Etc,

Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heh, went to Seattle Sad It was fun, but 43 cm of fresh . . .
Still snowing around 10 cm every day at Whistler, with the odd bigger dump (20+ cm), and the odd snowless day, so should still be good conditions whenever I next get up Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ponder, I got home on Sunday, and had a great trip. Still good powder to be found. Have fun when you make it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wow, was just back today from a day at Whistler - best day of the seaon for me for sure. Last day that they're keeping Blackcomb open, which is really unfortunate because there's pretty much full coverage everywhere (except the run out) and TONS of deep powder to be found at the top. Blackcomb Glacier was incredible, as was Xhigy's Meadow or Lakeside Bowl or whatever it is that's sort of past the top of 7th Heaven. Also, the run off the glacier t-bar, but not down the glacier, had great powder as well. Fantastic all around, by my legs are TIRED.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
An overview of Whistler / Blackcomb's turbulent season which has just ended. And good prospects for the summer glacier skiing.
From FirstTracks

Quote:
From "snowfarming" - moving snow around via helicopter to keep ski-outs open - to building one-of-a-kind dumpcats, this season was all about Whistler Blackcomb's snowmaking, grooming and operations teams. Whistler Blackcomb spent over $1 million to enhance conditions, give free lessons, offer food discounts, and keep everything running. Whistler locals were so grateful for the extraordinary efforts to keep the mountains open every single day, residents ran full-page thank-you ads in local newspapers.

Anyone know what a 'dumpcat' is Puzzled
And using choppers to move snow is hardly the most environmentally friendly activity.

Quote:
In order to satisfy guests, the resort's snowmaking crews pumped 180 million gallons of water, making enough snow to fill 903 football fields with snow one foot deep. That's the largest seasonal production of snow in the history of Whistler Blackcomb.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd guess that a Dumpcat is a snowcat with a dumpster rear body, or more simply a big box on the back to transport snow
snow report
kuwait_ian, you might well be right that it wasn't the most enviro-frinedly operation, but for those of us who travelled over 4000 miles to be there, we sure were grateful Blush

I was there when the rain began in January, and back in March, and for once i thought the "big corporation" did a good job to keep their guests happy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy