Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spare place sought from 25th March onwards, will kip on floor, cook etc :)

Poster: A snowHead
It's been 7 weeks since I've skiied and as my usual gang are not up to a 2nd trip I'm desperate for a spare place (too costly to go on own). Am a Kiwi chap, age 37 but look and act younger, live in North West area and have 2 weeks holiday to take. Only done a couple of weeks on skis but can cope with blacks and a little off piste - very keen. Any offers?

Cheers. Razz
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scarpa, Can't help you very much, but Jon and I are in Val d'Isere from the 26th for a week in an Inghams "pot luck" chalet. i.e. don't know where till we get there. If you are in Val/Tignes that week we can meet up for a ski. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Chris, not sure where I'll end up - might see if I can get a hostel bed booked online somewhere. Fingers crossed Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scarpa, I'm intending a break from 10th - 17th April. Currently have 2 friends up for it, so are looking for a fourth to make booking something sensible in a couple of twins.

We'll be looking for a catered Chalet package, and are currently thinking about LDA or St Anton. We reckon we should be able to pick something up including flights for around the £320 mark.

Agewise we're from 24-27. We enjoy our skiing and tend to go first to last lift, but also enjoy relaxing with a beer or two (or a few more once or twice a week).

We'll be travelling from the London area, and probably won't firm anything up for the next week or so.

Drop me a PM if you're interested. snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks arcticfox - but I've just (last ten mins) confirmed for the snowheads trip on the 23rd otherwise I would have gone for that. How I wish that I could do 2 more trips this winter *sigh*
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Crisis averted - thanks for offers - got a trip sorted now snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa, do I know you?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmmmm

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 19-03-05 1:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Manda, I don't think so, I do spend quite a lot of time in the mountains but this has only been my 2nd year skiing (and 1st organised). If not then glad to make your acquaintance, always good to make more skiing mates wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Manda, Just reading the insurance thread and clocked that you are a fellow Kiwi - G'day!!! Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wink
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.
North or South?
And whydidyoucomeHERE?? Shocked
Altho granted the skiing's much better over here, innit?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarpa, Having read your osts in the joke thread , it all starts to drop into place wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Really Frosty?! [scarpers over to Apres for a gander. Returns dissapointed]

Oh Scarpa. How could you. Mad I'd finally managed to get people up here to immediately associate sheep shagging with Australians. Or at least the Welsh. You've ruined all my hard work. Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

And whydidyoucomeHERE??
Why do Kiwis come to the UK. I'll tell you why - Its because Britain is a fantastic place, and I'm bloody sick of the people slagging it off
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing why do you think I stayed! Thing is, every ex-pat gets asked (by locals, I might add) "why did you come here". Usually issued immedately after (to Kiwis) "so what part of Australia are you from?". "Why did you come here" is such a stock phrase it's become an ironic joke amongst ex-pats.

So, Frosty the Snowman, whydidYOUcomehere?
Laughing
latest report
Manda - brought here by my parents - scousers who lived in Auckland for 15 years and adopted a couple of kiwi babies. Lost he accent as I came to this sunny clime at the age of 10. Lived in Sydney during 2000 though. Was born in Otahuhu, Auckland so defo a Northy. Hey Frosty - I had to pull some of my jokes for severe bad taste which means that I can't use approx 50% of my stock *sulks*

Manda - think of me - I live in bloody Wales wink
snow report
Laughing You're a JAFA!
snow report
test
snow report
Chris Monaghan, How can we do your test if we don't have any question? Puzzled
snow report
Bernard Condon, you've just failed your 'complete the word using psychic ability test'. The answer was osterone!!! Hope you found someone for the trip Chris.
latest report
Scarpa, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Bernard Condon, borderline thicky baton but I'll let it go. wink Nearly had to self award it for a pedant alert Alan Craggs spotted elsewhere. The blasted thing's not so much thicky as sticky. wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy