Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Elan slx comparisons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

How do elan skis (especially the slalom slx) compare to other manufacturers slalom skis?

I've seen good reviews about these skis, which are cheaper than the equilavent atomic skis.

David
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidb, at the SLX/SL11 level of performance, you really have to test for yourself. Yes, the price of the Elan is an advantage, and the ability to choose any binding is an advantage. But, you're really getting them to go quickest, no?

I prefer the _SL_ over the SL9 for freeskiing, a matter of quieter rebound on ice and ability to pick my binding both. With my modest skills and somewhat past it 93kg carcass, I would never even consider skiing the SLX outside of a race course.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidb,

Tried the SX fusion this week and just about rated the Rossi 9s as better. I only use these types of skis generally as a blast of good fun on hard-pack when the snow is poor elswhere so not really my type of ski.
But as it happens it snowed about a foot overnight and I made the wrong call and kept them for the day. They sink abit in soft snow and I struggled on them but I took them down the 4 o'clock run at a good lick and they really shone there. Very good edge hold as you'd expect and very stable. Lovely ski in the right conditions but I liked the 9s which I ran on very hard snow and I couldn't stop smiling.
Depending on what you are used to and compare them with but I would think they are worth a look unless you are a discerning racer. But as a hard pack piste piste ski, good fun!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tried a pair a Elan slalom skis at the beginning of the season on a ski test weekend when snow cover was poor. Sorry, don't remember the model but ... they were an excellent slalom ski.

When in Val D in Jan, just before the snow came, I used Rossi 9S's

I would rate the Elan's better than the Rossi's
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy