Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you like to support Chemmy Alcott and the British Team?

Poster: A snowHead
As discussed in this thread, Britain's top Alpine ski racer faces immediate funding problems because of the recent bankruptcy of Snowsport GB, the organisation which managed the funding of UK skiing and snowboarding racing. Chemmy recently posted on Facebook a plea for assistance:
Quote:
On my way to becoming first British athlete to EVER make World Cup finals but am having to fund everything myself. Cutting back on things I desperately need like physio. Another big expense is vehicles does anyone have a van that we could borrow or lease just until beginning of april?? i would be hugely grateful x

Chemmy has a number of top 15 finishes this season, including a couple at the Winter Olympics, and is currently ranked 8th in the World Cup Super-combined discipline. She is likely to qualify for the end of season World Cup finals this season, a significant achievement for a racer from a non-Alpine country.

Last summer Chemmy was the special guest at the Inaugural snowHeads Ski Club at Hemel, teaching a number of people on the snow and chatting to lots of other people. Through that event we made a small donation to her training fund. A few people have suggested that we try to help out now, not least to try and offer some support for the end of the season while the mess that was caused by the bankruptcy of SSGB is, hopefully, sorted out. If 200 of us donate £20 that might help with transport to get Chemmy and her kit around the final events of this season. if a few more of us chip in then maybe Chemmy might not have to compete without the support of a physio or even have her coach at each event. I've volunteered to co-ordinate this if there is likely to be enough people happy to donate. There's no point in starting to collect donations until there's a critical mass of people who do wish to support Chemmy, so for the time being please express your (firm) intention to donate and I'll update the list. Once we get to a reasonable number we can investigate how best to pool the donations and get the money to Chemmy.

Support Chemmy and the British Team

Donation to support our athletes in their time of need
We all know how our ski team has been let down by the official body - let's see what our unofficial body can do to help ;-) They need funds to get them to the end of the season - Chemmy is the first British female to make it to the alpine world cup finals: she needs to know we're behind her!
P&P: £0.00

Quantity: GBP 10.00

Donate in multiples of £10 please - obviously, to donate £20 select a quantity of '2'.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 2-03-10 16:23; edited 26 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, put me down for a score, i can set up a paypal payment collection to take donations if you like and add a page to our site??? another option would be just giving but im not sure if that would work for non charity
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And me
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Me.

How about also starting a FB group? That's the sort of thing that non-snowHeads Shocked might see
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Me too...

But.. I wouldn't go down the paypal road as it is so expensive to withdraw money from....
The good ol' cheque book is worth a try or even a 'SH sponsorship fund' account that we can tranfer money to. Why let ebay/paypal take a cut in the cash?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm against giving money to what is effectively a business. No problem with an interest free loan though. We are talking about someone who is likely to take over from Sue Barker at the BBC and earn millions, after all.

So I'm in, but not to the point of giving money unconditionally.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm in.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stick me down too....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PJSki, well if enough is raised maybe Alcott can wear the odd SH's hat or other branding of some kind... that would be good to see on Ski Sunday!
'Independent snow forum keeps GB athlete on the piste!'
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax wrote:
PJSki, well if enough is raised maybe Alcott can wear the odd SH's hat or other branding of some kind... that would be good to see on Ski Sunday!

Exactly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You can add me too, Rob.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'll pay good money to see Chemmy wear a SH hat. What's that? She'll be wearing other clothes too? Damn, I'm out.

Only joking. Add me to the list. Even though I'm from the dark side.
snow report
carled, what ... Leicester?
ski holidays
Yes, I'm in.
latest report
Count me in.
snow report
Add me to the list too.
snow conditions
Me too.
snow report
Count me in as well!
snow conditions
I'm in - not a paypal fan but would happily stick a couple of notes in the post or do a bank transfer.
snow report
flangesax, yeah, that too... snowHead (don't mention the snowboarding...)
snow conditions
I'd love to support Chemmy.

I was going to say that whilst I have a face, she has a seat, but then I decided that would be rude and crude, so I won't say it.

As for financial support, I'm broke, so I can't help at the moment. If I get the contract that I'm waiting to hear about, then I will be more than happy to chip in.
ski holidays
yep, i'm in! Very Happy

Can I buy awhole Chemmy?
snow conditions
OK, OK....she gave me a lot of pleasure*
Put me down for £20

* (WATCHING the Olympics, you lot have just one thing on your minds!)
ski holidays
My daughter really enjoyed her session at Hemel in June with Chemmy, I'd like to think it funded 1/100th of a second of one of her races. Put me down to donate.
ski holidays
I'm in.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Add me to the list you may, hmm.
latest report
Yep.
latest report
Yes, count me in.
latest report
If you pay someone via Paypal with a personal gift payment there are usually no fees to pay by either party provided you use your paypal balance or instant banl payment. Count me in too.
snow conditions
Please add me to list
snow report
PJSki wrote:
I'm against giving money to what is effectively a business. No problem with an interest free loan though. We are talking about someone who is likely to take over from Sue Barker at the BBC and earn millions, after all.

So I'm in, but not to the point of giving money unconditionally.

PJSki wrote:
flangesax wrote:

Exactly.

Not often PJ and I agree but here he makes a good observation.
ski holidays
Count me in.
snow report
Count me in too.

I have sent her a message on Facebook offering her the use of my Mitsubishi L200 Warrior Double Cab (instead of a van) if she needs as well.
snow conditions
has anyone looked into the best way of funding someone? I'm sure there must be tax breaks or something if its down a certain way or would just handing over a cheque be just as usuaful for the athlete?

I'd certainly add my name, though being realistic I'm sure we'd only raise enough for chemmy to maybe add a snowheads sticker to her case, in the grand scheme of things
ski holidays
Me too.
snow report
Count me in
snow conditions
flangesax wrote:

Maybe for an extra half day Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy