Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Profeet/Conformable Foam Liners - Feedback

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Decided to get liners foamed for current boots (Tecnica Icon Alu Comp, ~100 days use, shell fine, liners compressed) following consultation at Profeet.

Profeet very impressive, lots of analysis and discussion, pretty happy with decision to get liners foamed rather than play around with the existing ones for possibly compromised results. Retained recently moulded Superfeet footbeds.

Results?

Precision - quite exceptional. Never had a boot transmit so much info in to my feet and control out to the ski. Almost a bit weird at first being completely connected like that.

Fit - almost too close. Have now retired all thicker socks and skiing in very thin ones indeed. I should note that the new liner foam is very firm, much more so than the old ones - so the boot has stiffened noticeably (which is great).

Comfort. Ah. now there's the rub. Literally. The new liners are a big improvement over my old (standard) ones although oddly they are more comfortable the tighter they're fastened (??!) as my feet then don't rub anywhere. However, I have some pressure points where I think the foam may have gone in too far. I haven't spoken to Profeet about this yet, but a little adjustment may be required.

I am very, very happy with the results. Not least as if I get this done for my next new boots I think I can choose by colour alone, as the fit will be dictated by the custom liners! he he he

Any other experiences out there?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David - Thanks for that, I'm going to see ProFeet on Thurday for consultation and footbeds and hopefully will have the same results as you. Off to St Anton for two weeks over Easter so will report back. I had some rubbing trouble in January with my new XFade 8's. The inner boot was eventually cut (by a French shop to stop the pain) but I'm interested in what ProFeet will be able to to. You talk about getting your liners foamed, is that another way of describing custom fit inners which are different (and more expensive? and more precise?) than the footbeds.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
G-Rock, exactly. Basically you replace the original boot inner/liner with one where a large proportion of the foam is injected while your foot is inside. They do a bit of padding around your foot with thin moleskin like foam first so that you have a little additional volume but basically the liner conforms perfectly to your foot.

It's fairly uncompromising though, so if you don't want/need the precision, there may be more comfortable ways forward.
Good luck...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
G-Rock, do let us know how you got on - I have an appointment on Saturday morning for footbeds (hopefully don't need new liners) and it would be interesting to know what to expect.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had my existing boots fitted by Profeet technicians may experience of this was that they were knowledgeable helpful and answered all my questions in of all manner and gave me tips on adjusting my boots as well. You are allotted time, with the technician, and the only deals with you in that time although the guy I had spent more time than my allotted time.
Before the fitting the boots were ok but due to my falling arches. I needed to have some additional support provided a custom insole. This gave my foot. The extra support a needed to turn my boots from ok . Two very comfortable. My opinion is, the thumbs up to Profeet, compared to other attempts at the fitting. I have witnessed. I will be trying the boots this weekend in Lake Tahoe and will post back my responses on my return. I hope this has been of help . It did cost me £99 for the complete fitting service, including the insole and the boots stretching and everything and if I have any problems. I can bring the boots straight back, as they have a blue fitting guaranty.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bugeyesweb, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Are conformable liners - which I assume are always some sort of injection moulded foam available for any ski boot - or do you always buy a complete system (like Strolz)?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ian Hopkinson, HI Ian, Conformable liners (and Strolz ones) can be done for any boot. Strolz unusual in that they still offer the complete system with boot shells. Anyway a chum had Strolz ones put in her Heads a couple of weeks ago in Alpbach and is very pleased (~240 EU I think). My conformables were £159 or so, but re-used existing superfeet footbed.

Oh, and yes, when they come out the box, they are liner shaped but with unfilled bladders for the foam to be injected into.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David, Mrs H got the full Strolz treatment in Obergurgl a couple of weeks and is similarly chuffed! snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy