Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MY AUSTRIAN ADVENTURE by the Competition winner!!!

Poster: A snowHead
geepee, done! Will keep you posted.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can I come too?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, How are your long distance travelling skills? Would you be able to find it ok? wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Schuss in Boots,

Long distance travelling in Ski Amade is done by a car.

If it is on a pair skis go to Saalbach Hinterglemm (forward on one side and retirn by opposite side of the valley) or St Anton's White Ring. Better still try the ultimate "Sella Ronda" of Italian Dolomites.

In Ski Amade the long distance skiers should find Schladming's 3/4 mountains a treat.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
saikee, it was a joke - flangesax owns the chalet in question!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Long distance travelling in Ski Amade is done by a car.

Well we managed Radstadt, Altenmarkt, Zauchensee, Flachauwinkle, Flachau, Wagrain ..... and back in a day without a car and could have done Alpendorf if we hadn't got waylaid in an umbrella bar Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
saikee, bless your cottons Embarassed
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, and you can do the 4 Schaldming mountains too (although RachelQ can't 'cos me and Jon prefer unscheduled beer stops)...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm, think I'd have to ensure that I had a good navigator with me, given my ability to get lost even in a resort with but a single mountain to ski. Embarassed (Though, in fairness, that's usually because I can't be bothered to stop and look at a piste map.)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, It will be a huge sacrifice on my part obviously, but I will volunteer to come along and be your wingman... wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schuss in Boots, thank you! Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ange - One of us fell out of it too - but this was more to do with the Marmotte that jumped out and grabbed her rather than the lift swinging Toofy Grin
(Oh I'm going to die if she spots this Laughing )

Oh - and Mrs Q, you can blame this one on your husband... he wanted photographic proof that you needed a blanket Toofy Grin

Thanks Ben & Ange for another great week snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flangesax wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, and you can do the 4 Schaldming mountains too (although RachelQ can't 'cos me and Jon prefer unscheduled beer stops)...

Sorry - which lift was that via...??

<runs>
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle wrote:
Oh - and Mrs Q, you can blame this one on your husband... he wanted photographic proof that you needed a blanket Toofy Grin
It was very cosy tucked up under that rug. You're just jealous cos I took the last one! Toofy Grin
flangesax wrote:
(although RachelQ can't 'cos me and Jon prefer unscheduled beer stops)...
Hmmm. And I don't?! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michelle, ooh you are a baggage! Laughing

Anyway, it wasn't a marmotte or even a swinging lift. I've no idea what happened but standing on one foot was apparently a bad idea so I think it was all due to user incompetence.

Now......where are those photos of Michelle on her ar$e..... Twisted Evil

And of course, to Mr and Mrs flangesax, thank you again for a fantastic week snowHead
snow conditions
Ooh...the memories, that was such a lovely beer stop...well spotted Q's!! Good job no one had their camera out to snap me falling over my own feet while standing completely still at the entrance Embarassed Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks from me and Mr HH (or should that be SuperMario) too....a stay with Mr & Mrs flangesax is highly recommended.
snow report
homphomp, is that a name change request Toofy Grin
snow report
Michelle, I fell off it getting on! I was actually on and seated and it wasnt my doing! Clearly Sam fell off due to the beer! You should crop and enlarge that pic - she will love you even more! Ange x Twisted Evil
snow report
flangesax, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Michelle wrote:
homphomp, is that a name change request Toofy Grin

No!! Very Happy
snow report
It seems you had a great week, indeed! It's nice to know!
ski holidays
the more the merrier!
ski holidays
flangesax, at this rate you'll need to extend...
ski holidays
...not with the current guest conversion rate Sad
That lift featuring the flattering picture of the dead skier (above) is just being replkaced for a 10 man gondola!... should be a bit nicer rising up the Altenmarkt side next season!
snow report
Have this 10 man gondola heated seats?

On my last visit to Ski Amade in 2010 I spent a day trip to Bad Gastein and was taken back by the heated seats inside a new gondola. Each seat has a reserved slot for the skis inside a generously spaced gondola. Must be one of the most civilised gondolas I came across, especially comparing with the knee-rubbing the fibre glass panels of the fun-fair type little French gondolas.
ski holidays
saikee, I hope not.. surely that is overkill?... I mean I am dressed for cold weather... do I need a warm bum in an enclosed pod which will end up stinking of wet-dog ski pants?
latest report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83638

My trip Very Happy
latest report
Innsbruck area is great too! I love to connect Ski travel with new year's eve and I loved Innsbruck in that matter. It has both.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Random
snow report
Quote:

Random

yep... but in hindsight...

Re: Heated Seats
Quote:

I mean I am dressed for cold weather... do I need a warm bum in an enclosed pod which will end up stinking of wet-dog ski pants?

Yes! Yes I do!
latest report
I do love those heated seats... just makes the initial sit down so much more welcoming Toofy Grin
snow report
Good for the winterkirschen, as an Austrian instructor told me.
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
I do love those heated seats... just makes the initial sit down so much more welcoming Toofy Grin

That's because you normally sit on my lap Shocked
snow report
Shocked I thought that was a poma Shocked
snow report
Munich to the Amade is pretty easy. Munich airport is easy and efficient, and the car hire area is easy to find. Driving is all motorway, and Flachau is literally just off the motorway. We hired a car with europcar, £140 for the week, with cross border and winter tyres. So easy in fact that we're doing it again this year. Schladming this time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy