Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short trips from Geneva ??

Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys,

Looking to pop off for a late long weekend. Doing it budget, so it will be a home made package... as such, can anyone tell me any resorts very near to Geneva??

I can get a super cheap flight and car hire is not a problem, but am not keen to have to drive too far in a country I dont know.

Thanks for any suggestions.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looky Looky here snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scarFace.ms,

Mind boggling choices from marc gledhill, isn't it?

The nearest I think has to be Les Carroz/Samoen/Morillon/Flaine of the Grand Massif or Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz. Both are off same junction to Cluses from the Geneva to Chamonix motorway. Les Carroz should be under 10km from the motorway and from which you can access the entire Grand Massif domain.

Les Gets is a little bit further, possibly 20 to 25km off the same motorway, but snow condition is historically better (personal experience) and less crowded, as most skiers seem to head for Grand Massif. Les Gets is integrated with Morzine and hence a decent size. There is a local bus to Avoriaz but walking isn't too far either. Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz is part of the huge Portes du Soleil and a substantial part of the Swiss side is accessible via Avoriaz.

Car parking to both areas are pretty good. One can stay in off-resort cheap hotels in Salanche or Annemasse too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
saikee, Actually nearest out of the list is Mijoux-Lélax-La Faucille or Crozet ( which is not on the list ). These ski areas are on the Jura, you can see the telecabine line at Crozet from GVA airport. I recon you could be there in 20 minutes from the Swiss side or 15 from the French.

Otherwise you are right and Les Carroz is the closest well know ski area.

CP
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, les Carroz is less than an hour from GVA, very easy journey, almost all m'way, steep but good road for the last few miles. Don't know how it is for late snow, though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys...

that is exactly the help I needed...

will be sure to bring a picture or two back for the site.

Cheers for all your help
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scarFace.ms, one not on the lists provided by marc gledhill is Champery, about 1.5 hours from GVA, which gives good access to the rest of the PdS (well most of it; the only way to access some bits of the PdS seems to be to be born there).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scarFace.ms, no-one else has said it so " Welcome to Snowheads " snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scarFace.ms, if you are not too keen to drive, consider the train. Geneva airport has excellent train services, and there are easy connections to all ski resorts - even if the resort doesn't have a train (and a lot do), there'll be a connecting bus service shown on the timetable. You can get to Champery in 2.5 hours see http://www.sbb.ch
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ScarFace.ms, if you fancy Morzine and want a really good deal in a chalet that does transfers to geneva as well them PM me and I'll give you more info. (Been there 3 times)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pollyperks,

Does the Morzine Chalet that does transfer to Geneva do part of a week or the usual 7 days package?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saikee, They are very flexible - any number of days as long as they have space. For a group or when their own minibus is going anyway the transfer is included. If there are only a couple of people involved they will want to make a small reasonable charge for transfers.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
richmond wrote:
scarFace.ms, one not on the lists provided by marc gledhill is Champery, about 1.5 hours from GVA, which gives good access to the rest of the PdS (well most of it; the only way to access some bits of the PdS seems to be to be born there).

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Excellent....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pollyperks

hey polly, yeah please edo give me those details...

I am going to either Morzine or les Gets.... was going to hire a car so if there is a transfer service that will save me the hassell.... BRING IT ON!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
scarFace.ms,

If you have a car then if you only drive for two hrs the choice is limitless.
All of the POD from both sides, Flaine, Verbier, Chamonix and Courmayeur, maybe Cervinia with a few extra mins, 3V etc

I would get the accomodation booked first and if the conditions are good the PDS is a good start.
snow report
Hi Mate

you can get a coach from Geneva Airport to Morzine

http://www.coach-station.com

think it works out at approx 35 quid return - am going to morzine on saturday and using this as its much cheaper than getting a taxi !
ski holidays
fishytrews,
welcome to Snowheads! snowHead
ski holidays
Fishy, we are booked on this coach to Chatel on the 9th April, would you mind letting me know how the coach trip goes, anything we need to know, also is it easy to pick up at the airport. Many thanks.
latest report
sallyanne, even if you don't pick up at the airport, you'll probably do so in a bar later. I shouldn't worry.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy