Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Trip May/June Kaprun, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Anyone interested in summer skiing, or a summer holiday with skiing/boarding. Fancied trying it but never got around to doing it.

Well I'm going at the end of May (Whitsun) with a ski club, of which I'm a member.
We are short of numbers (lack of advertising) and so this is a good opportunity for those who fancy something different.

The place is Kaprun, Austria and the skiing is on the famous Kitzsteinhorn glacier. The holiday is suitable for anyone, singles, couples, families, groups, skiers, boarders, non-skiers, non-boaders, etc.

I have put some details on my web site ( www.erns-eporium.co.uk/skiing.htm ) includes photos, useful links and contact details.

Please ask if you have any questions about the resort or summer skiing, I have been going every year since 1984 so have some knowledge of the subject.

Cheers

snowmuppet

www.erns.eporium.co.uk/skiing.htm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads, snowmuppet snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowmuppet, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I skied at Kaprun a couple of years ago at Whitsun. Fantastic experience.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, Thanks

Yes it certainly is a fantastic experience and also a well kept secret. Guess we would have been on the slopes at the same time.

Cheers
snowmuppet
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spring is in the air, daffs are flowering, the weather is getting warmer, BST all these are signs that it is nearly time to go skiing. Just 10 weeks to go and still places available. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowmuppet, may well be interested in this trip, had a quick look at website, and will make enquires after this weekend.

What standard of skiers will be attending ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
srobbo, Hi , Sorry about the slow response, this was due to the Easter break. [/br]
The standard of skiing is usually mixed, really depends who is on the trip. Normally from beginner upto advanced. [/br] [/br] The only skier who might miss out are those dedicated to off piste skiing which is limited. There is only one black run, which is short and steep.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We skied at Kaprun during March 02 and I have to say, really enjoyed the experience and we have discussed the possibility of summer skiing there..... Nice to know we could if we wanted to!

(Stayed at the Hotel St Florian in the village, ski bus stops right next door! nice little hotel too!)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fruity, I wouldnt bother with Summer skiing in Kaprun. When I was there many years ago in September it was just a thin strip of ice .

In May/June Stubai Glacier has far more ski terrain than Kaprun in the summer. Pitztal & Solden also
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
September is probably the worst month to visit Kaprun as the summer has had maximum effect but the snow hasn't started failing yet.
I have skied powder on the Kaprun glacier in Oct and Nov during the past few years.

Kaprun should be OK end of May as this year has been a good snow year for Eastern Austria - is there anywhere in Europe that has more snow than the Kaprun glacier at the moment?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton, September is the back end of summer hence the poor conditions, winter snows usually begin in October. May is the back end of winter so still has remains of winter snow and can have fresh snow fall.

Like any ski holiday snow conditions vary from year to year but as I have been going for many years I know I wont be disappointed.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a very good photo of what you can expect when all the snow is down to it minimum on the Kaprun Glacier. I will dig it out and try and get in on here . I believe there is more length of piste on the indoor snowdome down the road here in Holland Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a very good photo of what you can expect when all the snow is down to it minimum on the Kaprun Glacier. I will dig it out and try and get in on here . I believe there is more length of piste on the indoor snowdome down the road here in Holland Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I have a very good photo of what you can expect when all the snow is down to it minimum on the Kaprun Glacier.

Less than this or this (I'm still turning in this photo!)? What you see is what you get: approx 2kms of piste in total. These pics were taken last August when only the two upper lifts were open.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kit Wong
From what I recall . My photo show alot less . I will try to find it over the weekend .
latest report
Just 8 weeks to go and the snow is looking good. Check out the Webcams.
ski holidays
stanton, I once went mad and did Kaprun, Hintertux and Stubai on three successive weekends in August/September. The experience was pretty forgettable for all three of them! The best of a bad lot was Hintertux, where you at least had one run going from the top of the 'Gefrorene Wand' down to the middle station. Having said that, I've skied powder in Stubai in the middle of June. The latest I would go skiing would be end of June. Anything beyond that, the chances are that you are just going to be sliding around on slushed up glacier ice!
latest report
I found the pictures i promised, only problem is there in an old Album and stuck to the pages. I'll try and dig out the negatives. Incidently I also came across some old photos of an Avalnche rescue I was involved with in Ischgl 1986. I,ll try and get those redeveloped and scanned in.
snow conditions
my partner and I are just intermediates. would it be suitable for us?!
ski holidays
PollyErrington, Hi,
Yes the skiing is suitable for intermediates. There are blue and red runs which most people ski and enjoy. The pistes are groomed overnight and again during the day.
The lifts are a variety of chairs, T bars, Poma button and a cable car.
The T bars are okay to use.

Hope this has answered your question.
latest report
Holiday is now over, back to reality. Excellent week, superb weather and skiing. I have posted some photos here; www.erns-eporium.co.uk/skiing.htm more to follow.

Next trip is on the 22nd October.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy