Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where should we go ?

Poster: A snowHead
Me and Mrs Ski have 2 weeks of skiing planned at Easter. Well, not planned actually. For lots of reasons we find ourselves with 2 weeks off work, 2 weeks to go, and nothing booked.

So (espcially European) Snowheads...where's it good right now ? Any ideas ? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What sort of skiing level are you looking for ? is apres ski important ? give us a few ideas as to what you are looking for
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Off piste mostly. Apres ski is for sleeping !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski, without wishing to state the obvious , I'd have thought that for a fortnight you'd want one of the bigger resorts with a reputation for good off piste. Val D'Isere/Tignes, St Anton, Chamonix Valley with a car.

Where have you been already?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ski, Whatever you are going to do, do it quickly. With the super conditions and early Easter things are very busy. If I had 2 weeks and was driving i would be very tempted by staying in Bourg St Maurice and visiting all the resorts up that valley. if you have skied eg Espace Killy a few times then you may fancy a couple of days there, but not a fortnight. You would then have 4 superb resorts within 30 mins drive, and many more within an hours drive
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski, As it's Easter you might want to avoid the crowds by touring some of the smaller, less popular resorts? I know a few snowHeads, including me and Mr HH, have had good experiences of the small ski resorts up the Maurienne Valley - still has access to Val Thorens if you want to get into the mega resort but there are loads of places each suitable for a day trip - mind you, I'm not up to off-piste so I've no idea what that's like.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone..some responses - Espace Killy ... been there too many times to mention ......Cham - heaving at Easter !

Also, not really into pistes and huge resorts at all......

Homphomp - interesting - more info ? Names.... also was chatting to a mutual freind last night...'I'm not up to off-piste so I've no idea what that's like'.....come to my coaching sessions for a few nights, and you will be ! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ski, where do you NOT want to go to?

What about Wengen?

You may be better to contact IGLU or whoever, and see what is available.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat, Tell me about Wengen............
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
portrush
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski,

With two weeks I would get into a car and get around Switzerland. Try Val d' anninvers for a bit of backside, Andermatt or Engelberg which is where I will be going. Or do the same around Alberg checking out Ischgl and St A. With a car it doesn't much matter where you stay, ie further down the valley.

Or tour Courmayeur from Val Ferret, lots of walking hotels there, and then go on to Gressoney and get in a bit of heli-skiing.
The latter can be as easy or as hard as you like..!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy, I prefer Portstewart. The strand course is good, has a great restaurant, and is a lot less expensive than Royal Portrush.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For off Piste there can be only one... Verbier.
there is plenty of piste/off piste to keep you busy for at least a week, and if you get bored Zermatt is like an hour away.

I did Verbier for the first time this year and it blew my head away how much you can off piste and back country, plus with the 4 valleys pass you can ski/board a diff area every day.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, whatever criteria ski applies you're going to say Wengen aren't you wink
snow conditions
ski, why not try La Rosiere, some greta skiing and terrific conditiond at moment. If you're interested pm me and I'll check with a few of our friends for availability.
snow report
Ken Lingwood, actually no I'm not as there is not a huge amount of off piste in the area which is what ski, asked for Razz
snow report
homphomp wrote:
I'm not up to off-piste so I've no idea what that's like.

So what would the Vallee Blanche be then Puzzled

Go on, come to Bowles, you know you really want to ski on a Monday night! wink
latest report
Gressoney/Algana for a week, then maybe move on elsewhere?
ski holidays
Sarah L & Ski, I'd love to come to Bowls on Monday....sadly I'll be in Serre Chevalier so can't make it! wink

ski How about this...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5115

10/10 can't be bad.
snow report
OK - so if anyone's interested...Week 1 - Ski Touring in the Vanoise. Week 2 - Tignes (I know, I know)....getting very exited now ! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
It's snowing at 400m in Baden (Argau), which is close (ish) to Engelberg and the like where I'm off to in 12 days. The Swiss Bernese Oberland and Engadin may be worth a try of the snow continues
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy