Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow/Weather conditions in Wengen (13.3 - 19.3)

Poster: A snowHead
We leave for Zurich on Wednesday and will arrive in Wengen on Sunday, 12.3. I can't find any long range forecasts for Wengen or the Jungrau region, so can anyone here provide some input as to what I can expect for snow and weather conditions during that week? Based upon the long range forecast for Zurich and Interlaken, it does appear that warmer temps are on the way...hopefully not too warm.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Temps will warm up a little this week but drop again after Sunday, expect perhaps 10 cm or 4 inches of snow During Sunday/Monday,Next week is likely to start off fairly cold (below freezing) with temps gradually rising all week, very light snow or possibly freezing rain my occur on the 17th or 18th but there is unlikely to be any heavy rain until the 21st after which temps look likely to start to fall again

Was that what you were after Hokie1, ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is perfect. Now we're talking freezing rain in Wengen, correct?..and not on the mountain(s)? Also, how are the snow/slope conditions?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hokie1, there's no certainty with freezing rain, a couple of days ago they had freezing rain at the Schilthorn ! but it was only a tiny amount which does no damage, of course it's horrible to actually ski in Sad

Current piste conditons are supposed to be very nice with 10cm of powder in the last 24 hours so probably quite nice off piste as well, weather however is described as varied Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf wrote:
Hokie1, there's no certainty with freezing rain, a couple of days ago they had freezing rain at the Schilthorn ! but it was only a tiny amount which does no damage, of course it's horrible to actually ski in Sad

It wasn't very pleasant at all.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
D G Orf for your next trick, please provide an accurate snow forecast for Easter (preferably one of 20cm snow immediately before I arrive, and perfect blue skies for the entire time I'm there). Thanks.
wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Any last minute updates on the weather and snow conditions? We depart from Dulles this afternoon and will be arriving in Zurich around 8am tomorrow morning. After spending a few days touring between Zurich and Interlaken, we arrive in Wengen on Sunday. Can't wait!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Manda, I'm sorry but if I could supply snow as and when I wanted to I'd be doing it for myself snowHead

Long range forecasts currently predict up to about 10cm of snow in the week to good Friday with temps hovering arround freezing, a similar amount of snow will fall this week with somewhat lower temps
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like it's going to be perfect ski conditions! Departing work in less than 4 hours... Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hokie1, I hate you Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hokie1, I hate you also. snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's slightly warmer today but probably not unseasonably so, I was at Thun this afternoon the other end of the lake from Interlaken and it was a nice day, about 4'c, broken cloud and a little sun over Wengen direction. Light snow showers in Bern at around 4pm, and right now..... leaning out of window...... it's 1'c at 500m and my cat wants to come in.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whilst I hate Hokie1, I really pasionately detest ise, sorry but it had to be said Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm packing right now to for my trip to Interlaken, leaving this afternoon. You might hate me for it, but I'm so excited. Very Happy

There are those that do, and those that don't. This week I am going to ski.
snow report
Really nice spring day round home today, perfect spring weather. If you're interested in the weather round Wengen I could pop over tomorrow with a camera and some skis..........
ski holidays
Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
D G Orf, I am prepared to hate anyone currently in or approaching the Jungfrau region, and I'm not afraid to use that hate. Until Easter, of course. snowHead
ski holidays
I went round to the Jungfrau today, I understand the area is popular destination for British winter sports enthusiasts from what I read on the interweb.

It was pretty busy in the car park with day trippers, it makes me wonder why they're not at work really.....

It was a pretty nice day though, reasonable clear skies and temperatures around zero. After enduring the commute on the train to Kleine Scheidegg I found it too busy to be pleasant or to let my new skis really loose.

I went down to Wengen. Wengen's a small village largely unknown outside Switzerland I think and quite nice if you like that sort of thing. More trains, back to Kleine Scheidegg and then too the Männlichen for some fast carving on the wide easy pistes over there.
latest report
ise, very good Laughing I still hate you though wink
latest report
oh, some photos here
snow conditions
And me (with the hate, that is, not the photos - which incidentally look great ise) Laughing

We're having a bit of warmer weather here in Ingerland (the blasphemers even say it's spring), and the darkside warns this week of "warm sunshine and increasingly spring-like snow conditions" for Switzerland. Does this mean it's all gonna be melted/slush/ice when I arrive at Easter? rolling eyes
ski holidays
There's plenty of base still at the moment, so long as they don't get rain you should be ok, fingers crossed for you
snow report
Pretty warm today, glorious spring day actually. It's 15'c round Fribourg way today.
snow report
ise, I assume you were parked at the car park at Grindelwald Grund, so we must have more or less passed each other.
I skiied down from the Mannlichen cable car at about 8.45am on my way to Grindelwald First. There was a massive queue for the gondala from Grindelwald back to Mannlichen, but strangely no queue at all for the First gondola. The First area was quietish all day.
snow conditions
ise, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Sad
I'm hanging out for reports of massive temperature drops and blizzard conditions. Your report's not helping... Confused [goes off to mope]
snow report
hiya. Am off to the 3 valleys on 3rd April. Snow reports are prediciting rain! Any advice on the long range weather for this region? What's the snow gonna be like???
snow report
Manda, it's March, what do expect?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mowgli, welocme to snowHeads snowHead

You might get a better response to your question if you post it on the thread titled "three valleys"....a bit further down the index page.
snow report
ise, bountiful deep dry snow cover upon arrival, sunny days, a top-up snowfall overnight, no wind. S'not expecting too much? snowHead

Guess I should just suck it in and prepare for elephant snot and dirt .....
Sigh.
snow report
I'll hopefully be skiing Grindelwald over Easter and looking forward to the mush...
ski holidays
Sharkymark, you're not going with SCGB are you? Staying at the Sunstar, by any chance?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy