Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

19th March - anywhere cheap left?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, there are 4-5 of us desperately trying to find somewhere cheap to go skiing on the 19th March for a week.

We all live in the South-West, but will travel up to 3 hours to find the right airport - the real problem is cost, we are trying to keep it below £400.

Within that price we would like accomadation (self-catered), flights, transfer & a liftpass - we would like to go to a place which is big, and cateres for intermediates and advanced. Preferably with a good ski park. We would also like to be less than 500m from the slopes.

We all have our own skis, and are prepared to factor in a food budget, ski carriage and insurance seperately to the £400

Now i knwo that sounds like a big ask, but we have done it 4 times previously no problems at all - but this time is proving to be rather difficult!

Anyone got any bright ideas, of information that might help us out?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can tell you why you're having problems - because the next weekend is Easter. I only booked mine about 3 weeks ago, and was lucky to get a flight to Colorado - almost every airline was full.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes - well we had originally planned to go on the 26th, and then realised that was out of the question!! We have since switched to teh 19th - we are only hoping to go to France really, am quite surprised there is NOTHING available at all.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski direct have plenty of offers for those dates. Mostly flying from Manchester, but still within your budget. Courchevel self catering for example at £305. Ok the lift pass pushes you over, but there are cheaper places. All of them in fact!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Bish, But we are really trying to get it to be under £400 INCLUDING the liftpass!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
magicrichard, Skitopia seem to have some availability for Serre Chevalier for £499 all in go to www.skitopia.com - that's flights, transfers, chalet board, lift pass and boot/ski hire. Not a bad deal for a holiday week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, that wouldnt be too bad, if they knocked £50 off for the fact we don't need to hire any equipment.

Only problem is of course, that we went to Serre Che in January, and were mostly unimpressed with it. Especially its lack of a boardpark, although they have built one now i suppose.
Sorry to be so negative, we're just really fussy! Maybe, we can't afford to be, we're beginning to think it may just not be our year!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about Ingham's pot luck thing then? It's online booking. Not sure if they have anything. I get the idea the TOs are holding out this year as far as late bargains are concerned.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just looked at Inghams. Thay have pot luck Half boards to various places on the 19th for 299 or SC for 249.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm - yes i quite like that possibility, just trying to navigate through their complicated booking system!!

Still if anyone else reads this thread and has an idea - please feel free to say so, i#ll keep checking back as always!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last Friday's weekly specials list from Crystal had the following for starting 19th March. Might be some left. The booking/info number I've got is 0870 888 0253

La Plagne Plagne Soleil Apts 2½♦ SC SR 3376 £249
Les 2 Alpes Residence du Soleil Apts 2½♦ SC SR 3464 £249
Travel by Snowtrain or Eurostar and receive a further £50pp off these prices!

Söll Small and Friendly Maximillian 2♦ BB SR 1903 £269
Mayrhofen Small and Friendly S&F BB SR 1620 £299

Bardonecchia Club Hotel Rosa Serenella 3♦ CA SR 6821 £299
Sauze d'Oulx Hotel Gran Baita 3♦ HB SR 7174 £299

(The SR xxxx are Crystal's reference numbers).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
magicrichard, have you tried iglu-link from the snowshop.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RobW, Phoned crystal and their good deals are all sold out!

Helen Beaumont, Yup! Was my first port of call!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
magicrichard, snowcoach have some availability self catering in the 3 Valleys (£149.00) for the dates your after according to their site: http://www.snowcoach.co.uk/late_offers.asp
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
HAve you thought about Bansko in Bulgaria. The conditions at the moment are about as near to perfect as you'd find, food, alcahol etc is very cheap. Take a look at our website if you'd like more info about the ski area etc.
snow conditions
I got a pretty decent deal to Deux alpes on the 19th from Lastminute , £199 with flights transfers and self catering, based on a 4 share, not sure if thats still available though. Also try teletext holidays as they have deals from loads of sites.

I did a similar last minute deal last year and have found that it's a lot harder to get cheaper prices this time, any ideas why?
latest report
layzeeboy, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead
I assume its 'cos they have made their money and then don't need to discount so heavily and if its crystal/thompson they are probably on edition 4 of the brochure and have stopped 'adjusting' their prices Confused
ski holidays
layzeeboy, as mentioned by WTFH it is becuase it is so close to easter.

When we contacted the IGLU rep we know (having used them many times before) he said that basically there was not going to be the super cheap deals this year, that there was last year - becuase of the way that Easter falls.

Michelle, Will investigate that one further - see if it is acceptable for people to travel by coach! - Thanks!
ski holidays
IGLU do have a £325 B&B in soll from Bristol, which would suit you in the SW
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy