Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grindelwald ski hire shops

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
D G Orf - you'll know this one:

I'm staying at the Sunstar opposite the First gondola - what/where are the ski hire shops within a shortish walking distance?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh God, umm. let's see I think there's one just a short distance down the main road from the Sunstar on the left, at least there used to be, however there are several in the center of the village, many of the local shops are with intersport so you tend to pay the same prices at all of them. None of them are probably more than a 10 minute walk away unless you include the ones down in Grund Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the more people who use the ski hire shops in grindelwade the better as then wengen doesn't get so congested but still its good for wengen to get business Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's at least 3 Intersport shops within 5 minutes from there heading towards the train station, manda. Make sure you try the nightclub under your hotel as well Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, Laughing Glad to see the question was taken in the manner in which it was intended!

I can nab myself a SCGB discount at Intersport Bernet and Kaufmann Sport (altho no-one on the darkside seems able to indicate where they're located vis a vis the Sunstar). Problem is I'm so lazy that I tend to plump for the nearest handy shop - I should at least put the club discount to good use, really.....

Charlatanefc, thanx - will do, especially as it'll be well within stumbling distance! Ear plugs necessary in hotel bedrooms then?

muttley, true, but I'll make sure I have a good go at congesting Wengen's slopes once the skis have been hired tho! wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kaufmann is situated just past the sports center as you go up from the railway station to the First lift station, http://www.kaufmann-sport.ch/ I have a feeling that it's almost next door to Bernet it's certain that they are both close to each other in the main street both less than 10mins walk from the Sunstar
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Waahey, that's exactly what I like to read D G Orf! Don't suppose there's a handy bar halfway between hotel and Kaufmann? I'll be both parched and exhausted in my weekend state from having to walk more than two steps.....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bernet is just a couple of minutes down from the Sunstar.

Apart from the SCGB discount, don't forget that if you rent decent skis from Intersport you can change them when you wish at any of the other branches in the area.

The branch at the top of the First bahn is well worth checking out. There was nobody in there when I looked in and they had a good selection of skis including the B2s that I was after.

So, if you do not see what you want at Bernet, look around.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Manda, no bar that I can recall but there is a hotel on the other side of the road which I'm sure could supply you with refreshment snowHead it's probably closer to 5mins than 10 mins walk by the way
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Latchigo, is Bernet in the same direction as the Kaufmann and or a hotel bar? At this rate I'll be spoiled for choice. Am already liking my holiday and I'm not even on holiday yet!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, ok. So NOW I decide to check Intersport's website & discover BOTH Kaufman and Bernet are Intersport..... Didn't previously know that about changing skis, tho, Latchigo, so thanks for your post! Will be busy a while now, chosing skis Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy