Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Surreal Experience

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Living on the Cote d'Azur , I may not be as close to the snow as some of you but we do get some snow in the South of France and this morning was one of the best ever.

We were told that Greolieres ( a small ski station behind Grasse/Gourdon) had had 30 cm of fresh snow Weds/ Thursday so off we went for a few hours skiing, avoiding work and hoping that the snow was as good as they said.

What an amazing half day. We had been to Greolieres before but never with the sun shining and a cloudless sky and so soon after fresh snow.

Now Greolieres isn't the richest resort around but this made for great skiing as half of the pistes had not beeen 'bashed' and the powder experience was wonderful - maybe not the real thing up to your waist but good 'learner' territory for me.

The highlight off the day though was the breathtaking view of the Mediterranean from the Cime du Cheiron . Standing on your skis looking down at Cannes, Theoule and the Med itself glistening in the sunshine was .. surreal. One of the greatest views I have ever seen. Totally crysta clear at this time of year. I swear we also could see Corsica .. but I think that may have been my ageing eyes playing tricks on me ...

Blush

Did I take a camera.. of course not snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow .. lucky you ... sounds fantastic Laughing

Pity about the camera though .. would have loved to have seen some photos !! Ah well .. next time maybe???
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just another day at the office then. wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beats tamworth...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sonya, Yes, maybe next time , reason I usually avoid the camers is my propensity to fall which seems to be higher than most ... and totally commensurate with my ability.

Chris Bish, Well I can not lose as my 'Business' is built around what was originally a hobby .. "Thinks -- new business based upon SoF skiing???" - Probably not, she would see that one coming Toofy Grin

tough crowd, Afraid I would have to say it beats Tamworth even without any snow rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was in Collioure (Pyrenees Orientales) the other week. My son had spent a happy hour paddling on the beach, and we had been to the market to pick up some oysters. Leaving the village, out the drivers window there was a fabulous view of Mt Canigou completely shrouded in snow gleaming in the sun. Out the passenger window the road dropped off into the clear blue Med. Amazing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Newbie50, Respect due. Highlight of my day was the breathtaking view of the Ipswich oil terminal through a blizzard. Trying to turn my business into a hobby so I can spend more time skiing but not working out so well thus far!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick Dawes, Well IMHO opinion you are doing it the right way round. Turning a 'hobby'
or a passion into a business does take some of the gloss off it , especially when you work with people who would rather be doing something ( anything) else ... that's why I always admire people like easyski who put up with dimwits like me - making money out of a passion isn't always fun ( but very grateful and thankful that I have the opportunity) Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy