Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Euro Ski, Soldeu

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off soon. Whats it like? Where do I go?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi hobbiteater.

The Euro Ski is described as half way between Soldeu and El Tarter, but is nearer the latter. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, with large on-suite rooms, a bar, lounge area, swimming pool, gym, sauna and Jacuzzi in the hotel. We were there last January and they hadn’t yet completed the cinema and disco. There’s also a Ski hire shop in the hotel. The food is buffet style in the large restaurant downstairs and very adequate. We certainly never went hungry! The boot room is downstairs, with it’s own entrance leading out to the area where the mini-bus stops. They run two (or at least did) continuously all day to the El Tarter lifts, with a break for lunch. You can also get lifts into Soldeu of an evening on the mini-bus.

You must take a walk to ‘the alcohol shop’… Very Happy Continue past the car park at El Tarter, around the left hand bend and then on the left is one of the most amazing shops I’ve ever been in! Every imaginable alcoholic beverage is on display and you can sample it all! You must try the 25yr old port and the sangria made with port… (I don’t even like port!!!) There are a few bars in El Tarter village and one club at the top of the hill, opposite the Panorama Chalets, but for nightlife if you want it, it’s defiantly worth going into Soldeu.

Have a brilliant time!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Michelle,

thanks. i've already booked ski's on t'interweb in Soldeu. How hard is to get there to pick them up/drop them off. Shopping sounds like fun.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's a bus (free Puzzled ) that runs throughout the day so it shouldn't be too difficult, hobbiteater. When do you go? Are you travelling with a TO?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I remember rightly (memory creaks into action) the bus is free for lift pass holders. Can't recall much about the service, but I don't recall it being particularly unreliable or uncomfy.

Being "between" Soldeu and El Tarter you will be effectively in the middle of nowhere (beyond easy walking distance to both the lifts in El Tarter, and those in Soldeu) so you'll be reliant on buses. Shouldn't be a problem tho, it's just something to be aware of.

Ski hire - depends on where you've hired them from. 4yrs ago when I went there the main one was in the complex where the gondola is in central Soldeu, and the ski hire seemed to be open all hours. V. easy to pick-up, drop-off ..... if you're using that gondolar office. But you shouldn't have any probs with your hotel's inhouse ski hire.

Michelle, I have very pleasantly hazy memories of that grog shop wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Michelle,

Leaving Sunday 13th with Thomson (you can't have everything).

Wanted to be in the middle of nowhere but near somewhere so it sounds ok. grew up with Austrian skiing so buses no problem as long as there are some which it seams like.

Ski hire is "by the gondola" in Soldeu so sounds like the one Manda quotes, already paid for so hotel skis not an option.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hobbiteater, we went with Inghams and had a great rep (if there is such a thing!) - there for the complaints and to buy a drink Shocked , but didn't impose too much!

Here's a couple of photos of the hotel:
http://media.snowheads.com/data/500/IMGP2641.JPG
http://media.snowheads.com/data/500/IMGP2683.JPG
http://media.snowheads.com/data/500/IMGP2681.JPG

and one of the slopes at El Tarter:
http://media.snowheads.com/data/500/IMGP2854.JPG

If you're not registered, let me know, and I'll PM them to you.

Don't worry about the ski hire, you'll be able to bus up to collect and ski back to El Tarter and be picked up the hotel mini-bus. It'll work out fine snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle, your photos bring back even more memories! (mainly of nearly falling in one of the many streams, as it happens NehNeh )
hobbiteater, you'll not have any probs with buses then. Bog-easy to find that ski rental too - look for the queues and chose the one NOT going into the gondola....

Hope you have a great time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hobbiteater, How was it? snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy