Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dog-powered skiing - is your dog up to it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm not sure how much practical benefit Snowheads can derive from this article, but it's worth a read. It's about the delights of skiing with your dog, more specifically getting Fido to substitute for poling (such hard work) while you glide along admiring the scenery.

It's a traditional art called 'ski-joring' - the use of dogs, horses or anything else on the pull.

A lift pass in this instance would comprise a nice juicy bone, a bag of oats, or maybe a nice romantic meal if you're using an attractive human slave on the pull. Don't feel bad about it - people have traditionally ascended mountains in sedan chairs.

All details of ski-joring are here, in the Idaho Statesman. Is your dog up to it?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DG,
If I had access to JWAZ today, I would post an appropriate reply. Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have skiied behind a snowmobile a couple of times - Its a bit like water skiing on snow - great fun.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The French ski-joering association and French Championships are based in Les Arcs as it happens. Great fun - usually horses rather than dogs. An all-year-round sport too, after the winter season grass skis (wheeled or caterpillar treads) are used. There's a good video sequence at:
Ski Joering Les Arcs ... (sleigh racing to begin with, then ski slalom, then the speed event)... and more info at:
Skijoering 2000 association
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone know where I can get one of those heavy duty harness things to fit a yorkshire terrier? How do you get the dog on the ski lift / T-bar and is there a special technique for moguls? Could be fun through the trees, especially when Bruno stops for a quick sniff and hind leg raise. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

Or if Bruno catches sight of a lady dog that decides to do a runner....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB, do you know of any Mutts who might like this idea? Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I believe there are certain 'organisations' where one might find a human willing to undertake the role Wink Exclamation
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't think my Westie would thank me for this one - he may be built for snow, but certainly not for speed!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Or comfort - oh er.....sorry.....wrong forum Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy