Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia next week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Cervinia for seven days from next Sunday, any snowheads around the Aosta valley then?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Ross, did take up the Valtournenche hotel, or are you actually in Cervinia? I'm not going to be around, just curious as to what you decided to go for.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went for Residence Castelli in Cervinia. It was more expensive than Valtournenche €450 for two for six nights but I thought being closer was a big plus. There was not that much choice as nearly everyone I emailed was full. I was very tempted to stay in Valtourneche as the B and B their was so cheap and nice looking on the web €55 a night for two! It's called Le petit nid www.lepetitnid.com. I was just looking at my travel insurance and if I pay the extra for ski insurance I am still not covered off-piste (which isn't great although the definition of piste is not provided). Do you know how much rescue insurance with your lift pass is also do you know how much the shops charge for insuring skis?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Ross, no no idea on on insurance with Italian lift passes. I had my own skis when I went to Cervinia, so didn't need to hire. I went with Snowcard instead of my company travel insurance which also didn't cover off-piste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Incidentally, I've just found this URL in the wrong folder of my bookmarks. You might find it useful:

http://www.montecervino.it/Inglese/localita/frame.asp?F=cervinia
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skanky, Thanks, I looked at that one, I think www.cervinia.it has more information, that's where I got the accommodation listing from.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 2-03-05 14:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Ross, yeah the other one has more info., but that one is good for the map. It'll list all the ski hire shops, too. You're definitely downhill from the cable car station so you'll have to flog uphill at some point, but if you look for an alleyway or path that leads uphill to somewhere around building 111 on the map, you may avoid the "worst" set of steps that lead up from the main town. Many people think "The Steps" are the worst bit of Cervinia, though I didn't think they were any problem. If your hotel runs a minbus up to the lifts (some do) then that'll avoid them, too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy